• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Aston Villa. 01/03/08 3pm

James

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
What were these Eduardo chants from the Villa fans out of interest? Couldn't make anything out on the TV.
The one about silky skills and heather mills.

Mostarac

Established Member
The fact that they can sing those kind of songs in our own ****ing home ground without any proper response speaks for itself.

James

Established Member
It was always going to be the case when the Red Action was placed in the opposite corner of the ground. The only reason there was any kind of atmosphere in recent years at Highbury was because the away fans were beside those in the Clock End.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
UnsungHeroPascalCygan said:
It was draw against a good team three days before a european match in Milan. For me thats no excuse because the premiership should be the priority but it definately has contributed to this draw. This is going to attract loads of bullshit about a mini-crises but it really doesn't need to. The unnatural pressure that comes with being a title-contender is absolutely rediculas. You cannot expect to win every match against teams outside the top four. Its annoying but its going to happen so lets not talk bullshit about problems inside the camp.

goonerwarsh said:
I've got to vent some frustration on here guys

No you dont!

goonerwarsh said:
I got a last minute invite to one of the boxes, it was a great experience but i've got to say for a team that is chasing the premiership our fans were just plain awful.

Oh I bet your box was contributing towards the atmosphere - it probably was actually, contributing to how 'plain awful' it was. Lets not get hypocritical, you cannot moan about the atmosphere when your attending matches in a box. Absolutely no right!

goonerwarsh said:
I had a long chat at the stadium today with someone who is very close to team matters. I think we've got big problems inside the camp that we're not all aware about and from what I can gather a lot of it is stemming from the captain and it could hardly be coming at a worse time

What rubbish no one on this forum has absolutely any access to inside matters at Arsenal. You or your little mate have made that up to impress one another. One bad result and the club must be having problems of the field.

goonerwarsh said:
I can't say much more than that Outlaw without giving the game away but I don't think we have an all together happy camp

Yeh thats obvious because its complete fiction! You shouldn't be making crap up or spreading it if its true because its not exactly helping Arsenal is it?

I really haven't come on here for a row. I only come on here to share that because i've been following Arsenal for years and the present atmosphere is about as bad as it's ever been. I haven't come on here to make anything up, it's an internet forum and if you can't come on here to vent your views then what's the point in having a forum? I had a fascinating day today and wanted to share some of that with other fans

Biggus

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
I really haven't come on here for a row. I only come on here to share that because i've been following Arsenal for years and the present atmosphere is about as bad as it's ever been. I haven't come on here to make anything up, it's an internet forum and if you can't come on here to vent your views then what's the point in having a forum? I had a fascinating day today and wanted to share some of that with other fans

Ignore him Goonwarsh, Everyone thinks he's a Twonk.

You could see on telly how bad the atmosphere was, the faces of the players told its own story too. :(
I hope nobody takes this as sexist, but there were many women there- as they have a perfect right to be, but its doesn't make the place very intimidatory, as of course its not meant to be.

If you feel like talking about the captaincy, pop over to that thread, or the Gallas, or the Flamini :wink: thread.

Biggus

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Just heard Wenger's post match interview. He said we had a hangover from the Brum game. But why a hangover? THe players shouldnt be feeling sorry for themselfs at this stage, and instead should used todays game as a 'f**k you' to all our critics. We had one week to get last sat game out of our system as well. So looks like dropping those two points at the death last week did more harm than I thought. Im not that pissed off with todays result, it just makes last weeks result stand out more because if we won last week im sure we would have won today as Villa wouldnt have smelt blood and we would have been more free to play our game. In effect, that last min pen last sat has cost us 4 points.

I agree with every word Alf....Our "f**k you" was nearly a "we're f**ked". :roll:

awooga83

Established Member
We have come so far though I believe we will be better then we have been.

We could not have dreamed we would be in this position at the start of the season but now we are we must try to use it. I cannot believe we can play much poorer then today and maybe we might just be able to use this as a springboard. We haven't been in great form we can all acknowledge that nut surely Wenger can get the team up from this. If he can't he wouldhave serious question marks against him, if he cannot motivate the team to do better then that.

Galahad

I dont know, I didnt even feel a lot of relief to be honest...when I saw the game I was rather inclined to see us getting 2-0 down so that finally we would get our eyes open and for our players to start and fight...I mean we were utter crap and I cant understand at all how Carson topped any ratings for hes been having a nap for all I know, nothing to do. The only player deserving MOTM was either LAursen but far more then that Agbonlahor who single handedly outplayed all of our defense for the entire 90 + x minutes. I mean ti felt like Senderos being another forward for them, I cant even remember him getting the ball off Agbonlahor once but then again memory of the match is slowly fading...luckily.

Id be interested, though, whom you talked with goonerwarsh and what he told you? The Ade - Nik row isnt exactly a good example for our club, but its not the first time (remember LEhmanns "discussions" with his teammates ingame?) and similar things have happened to other clubs aswell though I cant really recall anything right now but I have seen similar (not quite but close to being as bad).

_scorpion_

Established Member
In all honesty I hope we tank against Milan.

Then maybe we can refocus on the EPL and salvage it before we inflict more damage on ourselves.

Lets face it, nobody thought we could win the league this year and the CL has been nothing more than a distraction we dont need.

I hope Arsène has learnt that our squad is not big enough to take on the responsibility of winning multiple trophies. United are clearly up to it.

jay-d

Established Member
Anzac said:
goonerwarsh said:
I can't say much more than that Outlaw without giving the game away but I don't think we have an all together happy camp

I said it after the Sp**s game that the Ade / Nick spat was a sign - and not suggesting that what you are referring to involves either of those players or that the incident is behind it.

We all know that Gallas is passionate & wants to win trophies. I think that we got a very big clue about things in last week's penalty incident from him, and that his frustrations would not be with his team mates alone (based upon some of his earlier comments in the press prior to getting the Captaincy).

Seriously why even bother? We have these conspiracy theories every season from some 'insider' . At the end of the day they're a grown men who get paid a lot of money to do a job, now I don't care if they aren't love birds off the pitch, just do a job on it.

vin de guerre

I think we have gone cross eyed craving both the EPL and CL. We cannot realisticly win both. On the other hand we cannot afford not try 100% for both.
Regarding the fans' role on match day. I was away for this one but if this is anything like what happened at OT there fungus made a real meal about the lack of support .

I've noticed that mods on here feel they are far superior, its absolutely insane. They will call me things but never back there harsh claims up. If thats the forum you want to run then fair enough, however, your not even clever. The mods on here should learn what it means to be a mod. It comes with power and you cant go round talking like you own the place because you have a higher status than everyone else. Prahaps you did get that on recognition but I've been here a week or two now and not one of you have given me anything but 'twonk', 'bollocks' ect. Just because your mods it doesn't mean that your rash statements can go without explainations.

P/S: There are many mods I havn't come across, I'm talking about two inparticular.

There is an inner circle here wihch unfortunately means that some posts, whether better or worse, are seen miles better than others. I find thats the case in every forum so I'll just give up. I'm becoming an easy target to attack so I'm going to leave this forum.

goonerwarsh said:

Why spread malicious rumours about a club your supposed to love? I cannot quite understand. To critisise the atmosphere in the stadium is absolutely amazing when your sitting in the quitest place in the ground. Like I said it gives you absolutely no right. Its like club level members complaining about the way the Emirates atmosphere has turned out.

Whats the point in a forum - to see contrasting opinions which causes dabates. Thats why we have the option to quote.

Biggus said:
Ignore him Goonwarsh, Everyone thinks he's a Twonk.

**** off! I noticed that some mods/favoured members on here feel the are superior to the rest of us. Well shut the **** up because I'm not taking **** from no one, espiecially when I've done nothing wrong and your sticking up for a liar.

Your the 'twonk'! Go on demote me, put me as a persistant annoyance it will prove further the superiority you feel you have. Lets not think because your a mod you can insult me and I wont be rude back. I'll give as good as I get, as I couldn't give a **** about my rank!

Biggus said:
You could see on telly how bad the atmosphere was, the faces of the players told its own story too. :(

The atmosphere maybe bad, whos denying that? You lot should actually read what my posts actaully say before you reply. I fail to see how someone sitting in coperate seating can slaughter the rest of the stadium about the atmosphere though. Theres no argument here to be having, the guys a hypocrite!

Biggus said:
I hope nobody takes this as sexist, but there were many women there- as they have a perfect right to be, but its doesn't make the place very intimidatory, as of course its not meant to be.

They dont exactly light the place up but niether do coperate seats. In my opinion as soon as you contribute to coperate seating never again can you critises the atmosphere. When it suits people they are willing to sit in an area of the ground which they will then critisise when they no longer sitting in it.

Biggus said:
If you feel like talking about the captaincy, pop over to that thread, or the Gallas, or the Flamini :wink: thread.

Encouraging a liar to moan. I'm starting to believe that you lot love the ****ing false stories some tell.

I'm out!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Anzac said:
I turned the TV off early because we were shyte & didn't deserve anything from the match based upon our performance. Having said that if I'd paid for a ticket I'd have stayed until then end to try and get the most value for my money so to speak...........

and so far as scoring goes - yes we did score a late goal again today - but it wasn't as if we'd been carving them up and Carson or any of their defence was going to win MOTM...............

I stayed in my seat yesterday till 1 min of injury time was up then watched the last 2 mins from the steps leading out. I turned round to leave just as the last throw was taken and made it down 3 steps when we scored... :roll: First time I've missed a goal for a few years now and I guess that was pretty dumb, but I was frustrated and didn't want to see the brummie **** jumping about...

I'm in row 22 in the upper tier, so if you stay tiil the death (as I generally do) you're looking at 10 minutes just to hit the concourse, 15 mins back to the car and a good deal of traffic, unless I have the time for a quick drink first. And I'm lucky enough to drive to the game and park up, albeit at £15.00 a pop.

The reality is that if you're prepared to turn the telly off you'd be prepared, if put in the position, to leave a game early. The reality, also, is that unlike my youth on the North Bank, Arsenal's support if far more family friendly these days. You can love it or hate it but it's the way it is.

There was a ****ing three year old sitting (crawling?!) next to me yesterday, which says it all, really. He spent the second half occupied with his crayons, a bit like Diaby really.

I have to say that yesterday was bad though - people leaving with 15 minutes left. But it's got nothing to do with value for money, these people have plenty of that. It's become family entertainment with a fickle crowd.

siddharth

Biggus said:
ibby said:
siddharth said:
Arsenal_hleb just what on earth are you doing ? Eduardo looks like a chav in that avatar. Find a better one mate.

Glad to see you are getting your priorities right :lol:

I was just going to say that. :lol:

Last week I wanted to comment on how smart Ade looked with his new haircut.....but It err..... would have seemed frivolous in the light of events.
:lol: Thanks. I love Arsenal a lot but refuse to make my life miserable over two dropped points.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Are you really going to leave this forum UnsungheroPascalCyagn?? Really, please don't. You're such a great person to have around.

I'd start trading insults with you but you can't argue with a fool so I won't bother.

qs

Established Member
Delighted all the pricks who left early missed the goal. Serves them right. If you aren't going to support the team 100% till the end of the game how can you ask them to give 100% until the end of the game?

As for the game itself it was terrible and yeah so was the atmosphere but it was really weird, everyone was so tense and team just never looked interested with 3 exceptions, Clichy, Sagna and Theo. Everyone else was terrible.

Villa fans were utter **** though. Disgusting behaviour. Really hope they don't get a European spot, I'd even prefer the bin dippers get a European spot ahead of those ****s.

dublingunner

Established Member
Re: Goonerwarsh vs UnsungHeroPascalCygan

It always irks me when another member has been criticised and upset for doing no wrong. I agree with almost everything UHPC said. Goonerwarsh if you were singing your heart out from your box yesterday then fair enough but if not then you have little right to complain about the rest of the atmosphere.

As for this:

goonerwarsh said:
I had a long chat at the stadium today with someone who is very close to team matters. I think we've got big problems inside the camp that we're not all aware about and from what I can gather a lot of it is stemming from the captain and it could hardly be coming at a worse time

This is just despicable, gutter-level trash that you should be ashamed you even thought about posting. I'm not surprised at all Biggus calls UHPC a "twonk" for diputing it either because that is one moderator who loves a little bit of drama, a bit of damaging soap opera to get all doomsday about.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Beany said:
There was a f****g three year old sitting (crawling?!) next to me yesterday, which says it all, really. He spent the second half occupied with his crayons, a bit like Diaby really.
That's hilarious (especially the Diaby link). I find the same problem in "bars" now. I won't rant, but it is a pet peeve of mine.

Herbert Chapman

RocktheCasbah said:
Anzac said:
I turned the TV off early because we were shyte & didn't deserve anything from the match based upon our performance. Having said that if I'd paid for a ticket I'd have stayed until then end to try and get the most value for my money so to speak...........

and so far as scoring goes - yes we did score a late goal again today - but it wasn't as if we'd been carving them up and Carson or any of their defence was going to win MOTM...............

Interesting that you say that as a) we weren't that bad- though for a home game as league leaders, we were certainly disappointing and b) Scott Carson topped the BBC Player rater for the match today.

It's funny becuase 9 times out of ten when we dont win, the opposition keeper gets man of the match.

I agree with Rock, we wern't that bad, games work on ebb's and flow's, we started well and if Theo scores the party would have begun.

As it turns out, Senderos who was until then having an excllent games scores an unfortunate own goal and we're up against it, against a very good team.

Then u chuck in the Emirates "Groan Brigade" who seem never to sing but somehow never miss an opportunity to groan at every missplaced pass, then adding insult to injury leave 15 mins fron the end becuase "that rather fasionable game the commoner's play with a pigs bladder is not fun when your not winning"

Screw the geneal opinion, we are depleated, feeling sorry for ourselves, suffer post trumatic stress, have a sulking captain and elements of questionable home support but we still didnt get beat and were stiil top of the league,

Maybe some of us have forgotten what support means?

Not me, I'm happy as Larry :D

Say We Are Top Of The League!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom