• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Aston Villa. 01/03/08 3pm

algunner

Just to make 2 important points!!!

1. The fans at the stadium are not the only Arsenal fans. Just because they have the money and tickets to watch the team does not make them the best fans. You all know the who are true fans and when you get the chance to go to the stadium sing your heart out.

2. Despite the draw from uninspired performance from nearly everyone in the team at some point during the match, we should be happy to still be top of the table. That would become even encouraging when we play next weekend against Wigan. That should give us a big 4 points lead at least for the next 2 weeks. Something to hang on and fight to win the title. Remember points on the board is better than a match in hand.

Herbert Chapman

Also to Pascal Cygan,

You post's indicate to me that you love Arsenal.

On that note you opinions are welcome here,

Certainly by me anyway.

Arnie

speaking of leaving early, fair enough in a league game, but when we played milan i thought it was just diabolical!! when ade hit the bar me and my mate could both afford to stretch over to the seats next to us in distraught disgust!!

As for the villa game, obviously not too good we dropt points, but the late goal may acctually bring a bit of belief as it did at the start of the season.

banduan

Established Member
Senderos did not have a horrific game. He was about as bad as most of the other folks.

To be fair, he was being asked to man-mark a speed demon and couldn't do it the usual way because we were playing a high defensive line (how many times has this actually worked well for us?) and his left-wing cover was missing a lot.

Clichy is knackeredbtw, not good v Milan.

hujja

Established Member
Herbert Chapman said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Anzac said:
I turned the TV off early because we were shyte & didn't deserve anything from the match based upon our performance. Having said that if I'd paid for a ticket I'd have stayed until then end to try and get the most value for my money so to speak...........

and so far as scoring goes - yes we did score a late goal again today - but it wasn't as if we'd been carving them up and Carson or any of their defence was going to win MOTM...............

Interesting that you say that as a) we weren't that bad- though for a home game as league leaders, we were certainly disappointing and b) Scott Carson topped the BBC Player rater for the match today.

It's funny becuase 9 times out of ten when we dont win, the opposition keeper gets man of the match.

Screw the geneal opinion, we are depleated, feeling sorry for ourselves, suffer post trumatic stress, have a sulking captain and elements of questionable home support but we still didnt get beat and were stiil top of the league,

Say We Are Top Of The League!

Oh the irony.

:lol:

qs

Established Member
Its a bit rich when lads sitting at home watching on sopcast or whatever complain about the crowd groaning, Its a natural reaction, you probably wouldn't understand of you don't go to the games.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think , as always, a little perspective is needed. We have a squad that is unable to sustain as many set-backs as we currently have suffered, and maintain the same level of output in terms of performances, results and consistency.

This is not to say that we have suffered any more than other teams around us, but to a degree, the philosophy that is perpetuated at this club is like no other in this country. We strive for perfection in our performances as a means to get results. Most other teams do it the other way around. The way we do it is more vulnerable to knock-backs if our mentality is not 100% correct.

With the events of last weekend, the Sagna bereavement, combined to a rapidly mounting injury list and - let's be truthful here - an opponent with the quality of A. Villa, A draw yesterday was a very good result. They have the 3rd best away record in the league and scored 4 goals at Stamford Bridge.

Again, pespective. We have a massive game in mid-week that could go one step to redifning the history of this club.

Herbert Chapman

hujja said:
Herbert Chapman said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Anzac said:
I turned the TV off early because we were shyte & didn't deserve anything from the match based upon our performance. Having said that if I'd paid for a ticket I'd have stayed until then end to try and get the most value for my money so to speak...........

and so far as scoring goes - yes we did score a late goal again today - but it wasn't as if we'd been carving them up and Carson or any of their defence was going to win MOTM...............

Interesting that you say that as a) we weren't that bad- though for a home game as league leaders, we were certainly disappointing and b) Scott Carson topped the BBC Player rater for the match today.

It's funny becuase 9 times out of ten when we dont win, the opposition keeper gets man of the match.

Screw the geneal opinion, we are depleated, feeling sorry for ourselves, suffer post trumatic stress, have a sulking captain and elements of questionable home support but we still didnt get beat and were stiil top of the league,

Say We Are Top Of The League!

Oh the irony.

Ditto

Herbert Chapman

qs said:
Its a bit rich when lads sitting at home watching on sopcast or whatever complain about the crowd groaning, Its a natural reaction, you probably wouldn't understand of you don't go to the games.

it's hard to groan when your singing,

and it's truesport 1, not sopcast

famous no 10

Established Member
That goal is probably our most important so far this season...if we'd lost I don't think we would have recovered psychologically from losing our lead at the top, again.

Staying top against the run of form/luck we've had SHOULD harvest a siege mentality in us...who knows how much that point saved could turn out.

All we have to do is win all our games, and we're champions.

:wink:

qs

Established Member
Herbert Chapman said:
qs said:

The problem yesterday was that ahlf way through most of the songs the someone would do something stupid and lose the ball when they shouldn't which meant the singing stopped for a groan. When you're actually trying to sing out and get the team going its very frustrating when they are being sloppy. Its emotional, your in loud mode so your groans are audible.

Unless you were there trying to sing when everyone else was groaning you've no right to complain about them.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
qs said:
Herbert Chapman said:
qs said:

The problem yesterday was that ahlf way through most of the songs the someone would do something stupid and lose the ball when they shouldn't which meant the singing stopped for a groan. When you're actually trying to sing out and get the team going its very frustrating when they are being sloppy. Its emotional, your in loud mode so your groans are audible.

That is, actually, a spot on analysis of yesterday's performance.

I still can't believe how many empty seats were around me at the end though- what does that say about our fans? a) We'd given up, b) we can't take losing.

Winning means nothing if you don't lose some of the time.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Can it be that alice fungus said what he did about our late goal?
"Oh, I see they scored in 5th of their usual 7 mins injury time"
That fu**ing son a b***h, how the f*** does he dare to say something like that lying c*nt.
I guess he means that we always get ref support and we usually play as much as needed to score.
You drunk ba****d, that is your f***ing manure's treantment, we get exactly opposite one, you f***ing i***t!

RockyRocastle

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
I've got to vent some frustration on here guys

I got a last minute invite to one of the boxes, it was a great experience but i've got to say for a team that is chasing the premiership our fans were just plain awful. The Emirates is just not an imposing place to go, the atmosphere was flat, even the response to the Villa fans singing the Eduardo song was half hearted. That alone should have been enough to absolutely set the place alight with fury and passion but it didn't. I was watching people leaving their seats in their hordes with ten minutes to go to half time. We had eight minutes left at the end of the match and we missed a chance. There was a whole family next to me that got up and walked out in disgust....EIGHT f****g MINUTES LEFT!!!!

Two Villa fans got battered for making themselves known in our end and a few had to get a police escourt outside for their own protection, so it wasnt totally passionless.

I ****ing hate Villa fans, always have done. Yesterday did little to improve me opinion of them.
Fair play to that nutter who got nicked for calling it one with them aswell.
But I know what you are saying. It is a disgrace the amount of people who left early yesterday. Guarantee they wont be in Milan. ****s.

TheThoss

Thommybhoy said:
That fu**ing son a b***h, how the f*** does he dare to say something like that lying c*nt.
I guess he means that we always get ref support and we usually play as much as needed to score.
You drunk ba****d, that is your f***ing manure's treantment, we get exactly opposite one, you f***ing i***t!

Well that made my day :)

Thommybhoy

Established Member
TheThoss said:
Thommybhoy said:

Well that made my day :)
Glad to help :)
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what he said. Well enough on him because I will start swearing again.

Herbert Chapman

qs said:
Herbert Chapman said:
qs said:

Unless you were there trying to sing when everyone else was groaning you've no right to complain about them.

Fair point and when I do get the chance to attend I weigh in all game.

Anyway, it was directed at the persistent groaner's and early leaver's of which I'm sure you are neither.

Herbert Chapman

RocktheCasbah said:
qs said:
Herbert Chapman said:
qs said:

That is, actually, a spot on analysis of yesterday's performance.

I still can't believe how many empty seats were around me at the end though- what does that say about our fans? a) We'd given up, b) we can't take losing.

Winning means nothing if you don't lose some of the time.

I just feel there is no reason not to believe we still are on the verge of something special.

In the last week we've had all but the kitchen sink thrown at us and we're still in there.

Yes Man Yoo look good but frankly.......... F**k Em

Doctor OKO

To be frankly honest, that game was more a test of character than anything. Villa, on the form they have been on, could've easily dismantled us - but made the mistake to hold back after the goal; yes they had glimpses of opportunities, but if they had gone all out attack, they could easily of won 2-3.
We showed the grit and determination to play until the last seconds, huffing and puffing with with no avail, and we grabbed a goal.
That's ****ing Champion build. We need to keep our chins high, and we shouldn't be ****ing bringing ill fate upon the team. We need to be strong as a team and fans - if we aren't; our boys really will crumble.
10 games to go.
30 points avaliable.
We can make it happen.

Top Bottom