• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Aston Villa. 01/03/08 3pm

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
qs said:
Herbert Chapman said:
qs said:
Its a bit rich when lads sitting at home watching on sopcast or whatever complain about the crowd groaning, Its a natural reaction, you probably wouldn't understand of you don't go to the games.

it's hard to groan when your singing,

and it's truesport 1, not sopcast

The problem yesterday was that ahlf way through most of the songs the someone would do something stupid and lose the ball when they shouldn't which meant the singing stopped for a groan. When you're actually trying to sing out and get the team going its very frustrating when they are being sloppy. Its emotional, your in loud mode so your groans are audible.

Unless you were there trying to sing when everyone else was groaning you've no right to complain about them.
Thats fair point.

I can understand people not singing late in the game, under yesterdays circumstances.

What I cant understand is people leaving 15 minutes early.

We've come back to win plenty of times with 15 minutes left in the clock.

And we have what it takes to score a goal at any given moment.

Thats why I cant understand people who leave with 15 minutes left on the clock.

But like I said before, its their loss.

Invincible

Established Member
Doctor OKO said:
To be frankly honest, that game was more a test of character than anything. Villa, on the form they have been on, could've easily dismantled us - but made the mistake to hold back after the goal; yes they had glimpses of opportunities, but if they had gone all out attack, they could easily of won 2-3.
We showed the grit and determination to play until the last seconds, huffing and puffing with with no avail, and we grabbed a goal.
That's f****g Champion build. We need to keep our chins high, and we shouldn't be f****g bringing ill fate upon the team. We need to be strong as a team and fans - if we aren't; our boys really will crumble.
10 games to go.
30 points avaliable.
We can make it happen.
Agreed, the way we came back at the death shows that we've got that 'champions' quality. It took a lot of character. This team just simply doesn't give in and that's why we will battle right till the end to win it this season.

Anzac

Established Member
Beany said:
Anzac said:
I turned the TV off early because we were shyte & didn't deserve anything from the match based upon our performance. Having said that if I'd paid for a ticket I'd have stayed until then end to try and get the most value for my money so to speak...........

and so far as scoring goes - yes we did score a late goal again today - but it wasn't as if we'd been carving them up and Carson or any of their defence was going to win MOTM...............

I stayed in my seat yesterday till 1 min of injury time was up then watched the last 2 mins from the steps leading out. I turned round to leave just as the last throw was taken and made it down 3 steps when we scored... :roll: First time I've missed a goal for a few years now and I guess that was pretty dumb, but I was frustrated and didn't want to see the brummie **** jumping about...

I'm in row 22 in the upper tier, so if you stay tiil the death (as I generally do) you're looking at 10 minutes just to hit the concourse, 15 mins back to the car and a good deal of traffic, unless I have the time for a quick drink first. And I'm lucky enough to drive to the game and park up, albeit at £15.00 a pop.

The reality is that if you're prepared to turn the telly off you'd be prepared, if put in the position, to leave a game early. The reality, also, is that unlike my youth on the North Bank, Arsenal's support if far more family friendly these days. You can love it or hate it but it's the way it is.

There was a f****g three year old sitting (crawling?!) next to me yesterday, which says it all, really. He spent the second half occupied with his crayons, a bit like Diaby really.

I have to say that yesterday was bad though - people leaving with 15 minutes left. But it's got nothing to do with value for money, these people have plenty of that. It's become family entertainment with a fickle crowd.

Nah - I never leave early at anything - even going to the pics I'll happilysit in my seat while the credits role & avoid the crush & just stroll out in my own time - same when I've been to a concernt or sporting event..................

also to put it in perspective the game kicked off here at 2AM - so it was a lot easier to let the lack of sleep hold sway & turn the box off..................22 hours without sleep will do that for you............

Juicy

I prefer to wait for about half an hour to an hour in or around the stadium, so I don't have to beat the rush, I can just wait until it has left.

Top Bottom