• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

arsenal v az alkmaar - player ratings

kamikaze80

Established Member
almunia - 7

eboue - 6 - awol defensively in the 2nd half
gallas - 8
vermaelen - 8
gibbs - 7

fabregas - 9 - motm
song - 7.5
diaby - 8 - excellent

nasri - 8
van persie - 7
arshavin - 8 - you know how sometimes we lack sharpness? arshavin provides sharpness

ramsey - 5
eduardo - 7
rosicky - 6

big key for me was off the ball movement. we had loads of it, which opened up the pitch. diaby made lots of forward runs at good times, van persie was always looking to drag his man in and then flick the ball behind into space. for the most part, we were very good about covering each other defensively (that corner was bullshit - that cannot happen again). fantastic performances all around.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Arsenal vs AZ Match Ratings

Almunia 6
Eboue 7
Gallas 7.5
Vermaelen 7.5
Gibbs 6.5
Song 8
Cesc 9
Diaby 9
Arshavin 8.5
Nasri 7.5
RVP 7

Ramsey 7
Eduardo 7
Rosicky 6.5

arsmile

Established Member
Al-6- mostly decent, one good save...what the f*ck he was doing for their goal is beyond me...just got completely wrong footed by it...it was a goal of no consequence though so I wont be too hard
Eboue-6- some good stuff going forwards, a bit suspect at the back
Galas-8
Verm-8
Gibbs-5.5- was troubled, outmuscled...has a fair bit of blame for their goal
Song-7- good
Cesc-9- great
Diaby-7.5- just about as good as diaby gets, and he was very good
Nasri-8- great goal
Ashavin-8- some great assists
Robin-7- I love how he has intelligently created a totally unorthodox way of playing that position, the ‘one up top’ dropping to deeper than the rest of the midfield should ruin a team....but it just works,
Eddy-7- good contribution
Ramsey-6- alright
Rosicky-5- didn’t really get into it in his 15 mins

raidersoftheark

Established Member
almunia - 6

eboue - 6
gallas - 7
vermaelen - 7
gibbs - 6.5

fabregas - 10
song - 7
diaby - 8

nasri - 6
van persie - 7
arshavin - 8

ramsey - 5
eduardo - 7
rosicky - 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia 6

Eboue 7
Gallas 7.5
Vermaelen 7.5
Gibbs 6.5

Song 7
Cesc 9
Diaby 8

Arshavin 8
Nasri 7
RVP 7

Subs:
Ramsey 6
Eduardo 7
Rosicky 6.5

Del Boy

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
almunia - 7

eboue - 6 - awol defensively in the 2nd half
gallas - 8
vermaelen - 8
gibbs - 7

fabregas - 9 - motm
song - 7.5
diaby - 8 - excellent

nasri - 8
van persie - 7
arshavin - 8 - you know how sometimes we lack sharpness? arshavin provides sharpness

ramsey - 5
eduardo - 7
rosicky - 6

big key for me was off the ball movement. we had loads of it, which opened up the pitch. diaby made lots of forward runs at good times, van persie was always looking to drag his man in and then flick the ball behind into space. for the most part, we were very good about covering each other defensively (that corner was bullshit - that cannot happen again). fantastic performances all around.
Agree with those ratings. Diaby was great tonight.

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 6
Eboue 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7.5
Gibbs 6.5
Song 7
Cesc 9
Diaby 8
Arshavin 8.5
Nasri 7
RVP 7

Ramsey 5
Eduardo 6
Rosicky 6

qs

Established Member
almunia - 4

eboue - 5
gallas - 8
vermaelen - 8
gibbs - 6

fabregas - 9
song - 7
diaby - 8

nasri - 8
van persie - 7
arshavin - 9

ramsey - 5
eduardo - 7
rosicky - 6

lagos

Established Member
Almunia 6
Eboue 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 9
Gibbs 6.5
Song 8
Cesc 9
Diaby 8
Arshavin 8
Nasri 8
RVP 7

Ramsey 5.5
Eduardo 7
Rosicky 7

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia 5

Eboue 4
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7
Gibbs 6

Song 7
Cesc 8
Diaby 6
Arshavin 6

Nasri 7
RVP 6

Ramsey 6
Eduardo 6
Rosicky 6

kamikaze80

Established Member
qs, not happy about the goal? looking at it again, he maybe shouldn't have been caught leaning. but eboue was covering and i wouldnt trust eboue to cut out the square ball, either.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia: 7 - Amazing save followed by an irritating goal. Like I said in the match thread though, I found Ramsey to be the biggest culprit in that situation. If closed down properly Lens basically only had one option and that was to cross the ball, but Ramsey bounced off him like a fly when he tried to tackle him. Al was caught on the wrong foot which was completely understandable.

Eboue: 5.5 - A performance which yet again underlines why he isn't a great option at right back. Eboue is a very good player who lacks two things: awareness and tactical positioning. They're keeping him both from being a great defender and a great goalscorer. His pace, movement and physique is better utilised in the attack though, as this season clearly has shown. Decent game today but it was no surprise that AZ had their biggest chance prior to the goal from our right hand side in defence. He only really looked good when he was closer to AZ's goal than he was to his own.

Gallas: 7
Vermaelen: 8
Gibbs: 6

Song: 6
Cesc: 9
Diaby: 8

Nasri: 6.5
van Persie: 6
Arshavin: 7

-----
Eduardo: 7
Rosicky: 7
Ramsey: 5

progman07

Established Member
lagos said:
Almunia 6
Eboue 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Gibbs 6.5
Song 8
Cesc 9
Diaby 8
Arshavin 8
Nasri 8
RVP 7

Ramsey 5.5
Eduardo 7
Rosicky 7
That looks almost perfect for me, though I'd give Vermaelen a 9.

lagos

Established Member
Cesc etc will get all the plaudits in games like this but Song and Vermaelen are just ****ing awesome right now!

qs

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
qs, not happy about the goal? looking at it again, he maybe shouldn't have been caught leaning. but eboue was covering and i wouldnt trust eboue to cut out the square ball, either.

Almunia leans down when he should have dived, if the balls squared he's lost anyway. Hopeless keeping. I wanted Al back for the last 2 games and I wanted him to come back and be great, I really did but thats just unforgivable IMO. He's getting away with it because we won 4-1. If he had the exact same performance and it finished 1-1 he'd be getting slated by everyone.

People will blame Eboue and rightly so, he was poor for it too but a keeper never does anything if his defence is perfect. Almunia had a pretty ok game before that, one good save but this kind of thing is exactly why he had to be dropped. Its the same **** that cost us big games last season. It saddens me to say it because I really wanted him to succeed but he's not good enough.

lagos

Established Member
progman07 said:
lagos said:
Almunia 6
Eboue 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Gibbs 6.5
Song 8
Cesc 9
Diaby 8
Arshavin 8
Nasri 8
RVP 7

Ramsey 5.5
Eduardo 7
Rosicky 7
That looks almost perfect for me, though I'd give Vermaelen a 9.

I actually thought I gave him a 9 don't know how it came out as 8

giuliob

Almunia - 5.5 The AK goal, Al. Meh.
Eboue - 5.5
Gallas - 8 Another top notch performance
Vermaelen - 8 Same
Gibbs - 5.5 Has a lot to learn; physically needs improvement
Fabregas - 8.9 Played with desire, confidence; helps with Nasri and AA
Song - 7 Wish he would mind the store and not take so many runs forward
Diaby - 6.5 Must be my bias although his 2nd half was much much better
Nasri - 8 What broken leg?
RVP - 7
Arshavin - 8.5 Creative and looking up the field; Nasri/Cesc/AA What a difference to be surrounded by intelligent footballers

Impressed with the desire the entire team showed.

kamikaze80

Established Member
qs, true if he squares it, then we're ****ed regardless. that whole situation should never have happened though. up 4 goals, we only had 3 men back, gibbs got outmuscled and fell down, song wasnt tracking back and eboue couldnt really do more than he did.

gibbs shouldve just stood up his man or fouled him. tough spot, but his falling down created the 2v1, though even a 2v2 is not enough defenders back for my taste.

qs

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
qs, true if he squares it, then we're f*d regardless. that whole situation should never have happened though. up 4 goals, we only had 3 men back, gibbs got outmuscled and fell down, song wasnt tracking back and eboue couldnt really do more than he did.

gibbs shouldve just stood up his man or fouled him. tough spot, but his falling down created the 2v1, though even a 2v2 is not enough defenders back for my taste.

For Gibbs do you mean Ramsey? Gibbs was nowhere to be seen IIRC, which is probably even worse considering our full backs are always the ones to cover the defensive duties when we have a set piece. Something Wenger might want to reconsider when he's playing both Eboue and Gibbs.

xcdude24

Established Member
lagos said:
Cesc etc will get all the plaudits in games like this but Song and Vermaelen are just f****g awesome right now!

Thought Song wasn't as good as he usually was. His positioning was as good as it always was, but his passing was a little off today.

Top Bottom