• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Birmingham City - Saturday January 12, 3pm

RC8

Established Member
arsenalbirminghamlf0.png

Back to the Premiership after our Carling Cup game.

We did well to draw in the end, but hopefully we’ll see some real players against Birmingham City. Our reserves are all right for the likes of Burnley and Tottenham, but I really can’t wait to see Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky and Flamini commanding the midfield again. It’s pretty sad that Sp**s couldn’t even beat a side like the one we fielded, but the football we played was nothing to be proud of.

We need to win against Birmingham. We simply need to. We are now used to saying that every game, but we are simply too close to Utd for comfort. We could soon fall behind in the schedule, and if we are 4 points behind next month, even with a game in hand, it would put tremendous amounts of pressure over our boys.

Birmingham City have performed well against other top 4 teams this season, and they will probably give us some fight on Saturday. However, we are superior in every department, and should be winning by at least a couple of goals in theory. Let’s show them how it’s done.

lineupancnh3.png

Come on Arsenal!

dutchMasta

Yeah, right now, the striker is the only position I'm having trouble picking since they're all playing well. Otherwise, the rest is obvious. But I'd go with the same team, and sub RVP if he gets tired.

Nyingmeh

Well, I'll start RvP - he looked sharp today, and of course with Eduardo on the bench. I am keen to see how they both play ? If we kill the game in time, I'd like Wenger to sub Eduardo for Ade. Last 25 minutes , maybe ?

awooga83

Established Member
Going to this one so looking forward to it and seeing the best team we can field which we haven't seen for an age.

Would think Ade and Eduardo should start. First real test for our new CB pairing.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
We need all 3 points to keep the pressure on man united
Our big guns will be back so this is a whole different ball game compared to tonight

Birm will look to attack us so we need to keep on guard, its a nice usual 3.00pm kick off

Macleish has already done damage to the french but lets hope Arsène wengers not his next victim

COYR!!!!

IBL

Established Member
I'll be at this match too and I'm hoping for a good, solid performance esp at the back in Toure's absence.

I absolutely cant wait to see RvP play, showed some brillaint moments of skill and vision today.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I hate to say it but with RvP coming back from injury it is simply unfair to place either Edu or Bendtner away from the bench. We know that we cant have two subs on the bench.

I hope that Wenger will give plenty of tims in Cup games to Bendtner so he doesnt get carried away as Diarra for lack of playing time.

My prediction
3:0 Ade, Edu and Rosicky/Cesc

We need to win this game in high result as Manure will probably thrash managerless Newcastle.. Glad that fat **** is gone now.

Go Gunners..

Illusion

Established Member
Must win game, we have the quality, we are at home and almost all of the team will have had a weeks rest by the time this game kicks off.

mindchnger

Post-game comments from Wenger

Johan Djourou (groin), Senderos (knee) and Robin van Persie (thigh) will have to be assessed and Walcott picked up an ankle knock but it is not thought to be serious.

Along with Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure and Alexandre Song away for the African Nations Cup, Wenger faces selection problems, particularly in central defence.

"We've suddenly lost six players," said Frenchman Wenger.

When asked who will play at centre-back against Birmingham on Saturday, he joked: "Me."

****, this does not sound good at all. I don't know how serious any of the injuries are, maybe minor tweaks, but particularly at CB this is not good. If Gallas is our only fit CB for this game we can play Hoyte, Gilberto, or even Sagna there, but I might go for Hoyte. Gilberto has always been the go-to emergency backup but he's always a little shaky there. Hard to say... but I think we certainly should look into getting in another CB for cover anyway.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
We should have both Edu and Bendtner on the bench. Eduardo would not make a very good impact player in the latter stages of the game. He thrives on on on one chances and if you need a goal in the last 10 minites hes not the best player to bring on. I'd go with Bendtner as the impact Substitude with Eduardo pushing for the starting 11 and also being ready if there are any injuries early on.

hoyden

mindchnger said:

Johan Djourou (groin), Senderos (knee) and Robin van Persie (thigh) will have to be assessed and Walcott picked up an ankle knock but it is not thought to be serious.

Along with Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Touré and Alexandre Song away for the African Nations Cup, Wenger faces selection problems, particularly in central defence.

When asked who will play at centre-back against Birmingham on Saturday, he joked: "Me."
Injured again? :?

j'nuh

mindchnger said:

Along with Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Touré and Alexandre Song away for the African Nations Cup, Wenger faces selection problems, particularly in central defence.

s**t, this does not sound good at all. I don't know how serious any of the injuries are, maybe minor tweaks, but particularly at CB this is not good. If Gallas is our only fit CB for this game we can play Hoyte, Gilberto, or even Sagna there, but I might go for Hoyte. Gilberto has always been the go-to emergency backup but he's always a little shaky there. Hard to say... but I think we certainly should look into getting in another CB for cover anyway.

I'd definatly go for Hoyte. I dont think it should really be too much of a problem since the rest will be our best starting 11. Hoyte shouldnt have to do too much anyway and hes looked really good there whenever hes played.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
True, hoytes first act is to defend but on top of that has the brain of a CB, and can play there

Id take a 1-0 win now as this month is all about end product over style

RVP injured again, why aint I suprised

number_0

Established Member
I would rather keep VP on the bench and start eduardo, manily because both cant play for 90 minutes, but 60 minutes of eduardo+30 minutes of van persie seems like a win-win situation.
if ade is out start bendtner.
as to who partners gallas, i think it should be hoyte, with sagna on right back.
most of our first team hadnt played in a while now, so its no deal if we have a few 2nd teamers in

Latest posts

Top Bottom