• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Birmingham City - Saturday January 12, 3pm

IBL

Established Member
Nyingmeh said:
RC8 said:
Nyingmeh said:
How useless was Eboue ?

I don't know, you tell me. He hasn't been with us for about a week now.

As for the rest of your post... how about we move to an underground city, seeing as the sky is apparently falling?

What I mean is people moan all day long about him on that right hand side, a couple of our goals have been created from the right wing and without him there today, i hope some will see how important he can be.
That's such a weak argument, you could say that about virtually any player. Theo has already set up a few goals this season so should be be saying the same thing when Eboue's in the team and doing f**k all?

Very poor game for Theo, no point dwelling on it

Alfonso

Established Member
The best thing to do is forget about this match and move on.Isnt that what MOTD said when United lost to West Ham? So I dont see any difference here.

In the big picture its only the 2nd game we havent won at home in the league this season and that is still championship winning form.

Everyone was complacent for this game, both fans and players. How many pages did the match thread get? Sometimes its good to get a little reminder of where we are at. But we have to beat Fulham away now.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
true gooner said:
More importantly, when will we learn to defend set plays?

Exactly. This has been one of our more productive seasons attack-wise on set-pieces but we still suffer from the same lapses in concentration that cost us straightforward clean-sheets.

I think part of it is that we don't seem to communicate enough. When you're attacking, the link-up between very good players is just instinct. Defensively though, you have to talk. We've improved in a sense because the addition of Sagna means 3 of our back-four are aerially adept. But that is offset by the fact that almost our entire midfield aren't. Communication in this case is even more important.

And another thing, maybe its just me but we do seem to give our opponents very easy corners in the first place. And then we casually stroll into the area. Maybe its the part of the job the players enjoy least - we all have that in our daily work, but it still needs maximum focus to make sure it gets done to the highest possible standard.

qs

Established Member
Nyingmeh said:
RC8 said:
Nyingmeh said:
How useless was Eboue ?

As for the rest of your post... how about we move to an underground city, seeing as the sky is apparently falling?

What I mean is people moan all day long about him on that right hand side, a couple of our goals have been created from the right wing and without him there today, i hope some will see how important he can be.

I agree, we missed his penetration and work rate. Wenger didn't play Eboue for that long for no reason. He's done very well for us. Today not only did we miss Eboue but we missed the freedom Sagna usually plays with because he missed Eboue as a safety net. Can't be relying on Theo to defend.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

qs said:
Nyingmeh said:
RC8 said:
Nyingmeh said:
How useless was Eboue ?

I agree, we missed his penetration and work rate. Wenger didn't play Eboue for that long for no reason. He's done very well for us. Today not only did we miss Eboue but we missed the freedom Sagna usually plays with because he missed Eboue as a safety net. Can't be relying on Theo to defend.
Yup. I think that explanation was well demonstarted in Arsenal vs Man U at home.
Evra was ripping us a new one as soon as Theo came on.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
We missed Rosicky today not Eboue. If Rosicky wouldn't have gotten the flu and Theo wouldn't have had to replace him then no one would be bringing Eboue into the equation.Anyhow, I wasn't surprised with Walcott's performance today, play him on the wing and thats what you get, thats what we have been getting for a long time.

The players who had good games were Hleb, Glichy, Flamini, Senderos and Gallas, Adebayor had a good first half. Everyone else isn't even worth mentioning.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Alfonso said:
The best thing to do is forget about this match and move on.Isnt that what MOTD said when United lost to West Ham? So I dont see any difference here.

In the big picture its only the 2nd game we havent won at home in the league this season and that is still championship winning form.

Everyone was complacent for this game, both fans and players. How many pages did the match thread get? Sometimes its good to get a little reminder of where we are at. But we have to beat Fulham away now.

How many times do we need reminding though? Boro? Newcastle? Sunderland? Pompey? and now Birmingham.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Frustrating result. Our attacking brio has sharply deteriorated since we played United. Since that match, it just seems the wind has gone out of our sails in attack. Cesc has been below par since returning from injury, and was again yesterday, and this time there was excuse of playing 4-5-1 to cover his tracks (and when did he last score a goal?). Hleb was great in the first half, then started giving the ball away cheaply in the second. Less said about Theo the better. If we'd played with the line-up we had in the second half (Edu on the left, Ade and Bendtner up front), we'd have gotten the result imo.

Overall it was disturbingly similar to all those matches we drew last season. Very casual, lack of real pace or direction in attack, and general ropiness in defense, really a universe apart from the attacking aggression we showed in the opening months of the season. I think it's being underestimated how badly we need RvP back ro spark things up, because our attack is beginning to founder considerably,

-Shaun-

At the end of Match Of The Day I looked at the table, and to my surprise we were level on points with Utd! I actually thought we were 1 point behind, not really like me not to know, but.... I got a nice suprise.

We are always going to drop easy points at some stage, we are joint top, and can't really complain. Eh, just think of it as this- It's one more point gained on Sp*rs! Hehe. Up the Arsenal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I also kept thinking we are a point behind aswell.
I never got to see the match, and reading the posts on here, I keep thinking we lost. Which is very understandable by the way.

brady

The team is still the same team but need their heads sorted out. Wenger has proven more adventurous in substituting players early, but leaving Theo on till the second half was on hindsight, a mistake. Adebayor played as though he is the reincarnation of Henry, enjoying banter with the opponents before the second half started, demanding the ball and I thought on at least one occasion, sulking when he didn't get it. He was at least partly culpable in their equalizer, not even deigning to jump for the header. We reverted to old habits, trying to play through the centre when we had two giant blokes up front. Any decent sort of cross into the middle would have caused far more problems than trying to thread passes through the middle. This was a perfect illustration of how inexperience can be telling in the run-in. It wasn't a disaster but I hope the lessons are well learnt and learnt in time.

Tony Montana

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Alfonso said:

How many times do we need reminding though? Boro? Newcastle? Sunderland? Pompey? and now Birmingham.

OH FFS we don't win every game! :roll:

For Man U, Reading, City, Bolton, WHU, Portsmouth? All teams they should have beaten.

I am bitter that we drew but look at the bigger picture.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Drawn 4 and lost 1 (1 game was CC) in the past month and a half. Tough months but they were against sides we could have done better against, there always seems to be a hint of complacency against the lesser sides. I think Wenger said something similar in an interview.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
outlaw_member said:
Alfonso said:

OH FFS we don't win every game! :roll:

For Man U, Reading, City, Bolton, WHU, Portsmouth? All teams they should have beaten.

I am bitter that we drew but look at the bigger picture.

Those teams bar Bolton are far better than the crap teams we dropped points to bar Pompey. I am bitter aswell. Atleast we are still level. With the players knowing their lesser goal difference, I hope they urge to close it. We could be neck and neck for a very long time with both teams producing quality football and results. It may just be a title race in years. Chelscum are lurking around too.

Mostarac

Established Member
Alfonso said:

Maybe. The difference though is that our performances have been uneven at best for the last couple of weeks which culminated with this unecessary loss of invaluable points to a team like Birmingham. I still think that we can win the league this season, but the team must improve ahead, if it does not, it will become extremely hard to win the league and even Chelsea will be looking to overtake us.

entropy13

Established Member
We must all remember though, that we're not level with ManU at 81 points, and Chelsea at 79 with 3 games left in the season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They have lost a bit of focus and discipline. They need to refocus again. Wenger will probably point out to the boys that our play gets sloppy afte we score early . Too many flicks and tricks when we should be clinical. Why should our attitude change from scoring the first or scoring the fifth,

Christofaux

cesc has been rather flat footed lately. Dare i say if he was on his toes he could have stopped the goal. We need the Fabregas from the first few months back.

Was very impressed with Adebayors back tracking when he lost the ball. Even when he notices certain players are forward and he needs to get back.

We were very lucky on the penalty, it wasnt a dive and it wasn't a penalty it was a bad refereeing decision. In the heat of the moment it did look a tad suspicious but Eduardo was falling before the defender got to him and the defender got the ball.

I havent really read what anyone else has posted.

Larsson should of had at least a yellow card for repeated fouls.

ibby

Established Member
RC8 said:
Stop acting like a fickle glory-hunter, will you? Did you just start watching football yesterday? Since when do any of the things you mention influence a result.

Most times we win actually. :roll:

Anyone with half a brain could see before this game that Birmingham had been doing something right against the top 4. Likewise, in spite of being a better team than Portsmouth, we weren't able to beat them at Fratton Park... just like United and Liverpool. Boro away is another fixture that proved very difficult to big teams, and they are in a f****g relegation battle.

Again, who gives a **** about the other teams? That is what Sp**s fans do.

"Oh how did they get along against the top four, so if we drop points it won't be that bad."

I mean come on...

Did you always expect us to win when we played Bolton at the Reebok? I bet you did, and I bet you spent the whole afternoon cursing and bashing everyone involved with the club every time we failed to do it.

Expected yes, but Birmingham at home is nothing like Bolton away. Put it this way. We dropped points at home against relegation candidates.

There are certain teams that know how to defend against better teams. I was able to recognise and label Birmingham as one of them. I was proved right. You ended up looking deluded and arrogant.

Birmingham didn't know how to defend. Just look at their first half performance. They were there for the taking. We drew because of our performance, not theirs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom