• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Birmingham City - Saturday January 12, 3pm

ibby

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
No no, the sky is falling. Ibby was a Manc, then he supported Chelsea, now he supports Arsenal. Don't get too wound up over him.

Good research ****.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
this is ****ed up.

i don't like dropping points the teams that don't deserve it.

neither do i like losing even a point in a title race especially with manure.

i don't actually blame the defence for the draw, but our attack is not good enough yesterday.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Well, the situation we are in is not horrible in fact you could say that it is quite good seeing as we are level on points with the best team in the league. The fact is, the team to beat will always be Man United and despite Chelsea's new found believe, you do feel that it will come down to us or United. Having said that, I do feel that Chelsea still has a great chance. They might not be playing brilliantly but they are winning and of you look at the players that will be oming back into that side you will see that they will be significantly improved.

Like a lot of you, I expected a walk in the park despite our poor form of late. This result is not the end of the world. United scored six but so what, Newcastle were very poor. I am not saying that United were not fantastic yesterday, because they were. It was simply outstanding the second half, the passing and movement of Tevez and Ronaldo in particular was simply magnificient. Also, what a player that Anderson has developed into. All around the side they just look brilliant. At the back they have one of the best keepers and the best central defensive partnership in the league, they just don't look as if they will ever concede goals.

I always try and cheer myself up by saying it could be worse, I support Sp**s, Pool or Newcastle but that is just not enough. Last season, I would have accepted a result like this and just moved on but this season with all the noises made by the club about inner strength aswell as the well as our league position makes this unacceptable.

I agree with most in saying that this was probably coming, we haven't been convincing in any of last few wins. Then again, Chelsea have been labouring through games as have United up till yesterday that is. I just hope that we can pull together and pick up three points at Fulham. The players have to rally together and not allow this loss to hurt them in any way, because if we begin to go on a little blip at this stage of the seaon it could cost us the title. United do not look like dropping too many points again this season so we are going to have keep up with them.

We dropped points in seven games this season.

Blackburn Rovers (a) 1-1
Not really a bad result

Liverpool (h) 1-1
Good result

Manchester United (h) 2-2
Decent result

Newcastle (a) 1-1
Should be winning up there

Middlesbrough (a) 2-1
Very poor result

Portsmouth (a) 0-0
Decent result

Birmingham (h) 0-0
Very poor result

From the games in which we have slipped up only twice we should we really have done better in my opinion. Of course you want to win every game but in reality you can't and we dropped most of our points in difficult games. We are bound to drop silly points every now and then as are United and Chelsea.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
ibby said:
MDGoonah41 said:
No no, the sky is falling. Ibby was a Manc, then he supported Chelsea, now he supports Arsenal. Don't get too wound up over him.

Good research ****.

Watch your mouth.

I was worried before the game Arsène might have over rested, and so undercooked, his players. And it looked that way out on the pitch yesterday.

To me, looked like we thought 1 goal would be enough to win it and then we concede a really crap goal. Shades of last season I think. Can't fault the second half effort, but we should never have been in a position of having to win the game twice in the first place. Very disappointing and very frustrating.

Why was Gallas the only one to come and acknowledge the fans after the game? Someone else began to wander over but never quite made it, it's not like the crowd had turned on the team.

awooga83

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Why was Gallas the only one to come and acknowledge the fans after the game? Someone else began to wander over but never quite made it, it's not like the crowd had turned on the team.

Too right Rtc I noticed Cesc most of all, always full of energy just trudging off head down not caring about anything. It was a disgrace the crowd did actually try to keep making noise even when it appeared that the game was trickling away. They are happy to take the credit when they are doing well and want the crowd to respond but when its the other side they are gone as quick as possible.

Tony Montana

Established Member
I think people are beginning to be slightly less knee-jerk when we draw or lose which is good.

Our downfall if we don't win the league will be drawing too many games, not losing them. United have lost 3 and are still ahead of us. They have won more games than us in total so far. At least we've been stopping the rot quite quickly this season.

vin de guerre

I do have some doubts that we have the strength to fully compete with the manure over the season. I think they are still far more ruthless than us!

vin de guerre

Another point I would like to put forward: I have a feeling AW has been looking to be economic with energy output when possible and when we went 1 up, we went into autopilot and thought we could cruise through the game.

RC8

Established Member
ibby said:
Anyone with half a brain could see before this game that Birmingham had been doing something right against the top 4. Likewise, in spite of being a better team than Portsmouth, we weren't able to beat them at Fratton Park... just like United and Liverpool. Boro away is another fixture that proved very difficult to big teams, and they are in a f****g relegation battle.

Again, who gives a f**k about the other teams? That is what Sp**s fans do.

"Oh how did they get along against the top four, so if we drop points it won't be that bad."

I mean come on...

No. Your arguments are ridiculous. I never said dropping points wouldn't be bad, in fact, allow me to quote myself from before the game:

RC8 said:
We need to win against Birmingham. We simply need to. We are now used to saying that every game, but we are simply too close to Utd for comfort. We could soon fall behind in the schedule, and if we are 4 points behind next month, even with a game in hand, it would put tremendous amounts of pressure over our boys.

However, that didn't stop me from saying that it was still highly likely Birmingham would do a good job. Again, I was proved completely right by the game. You in the other hand, ended up looking clueless.

Ibby said:
Did you always expect us to win when we played Bolton at the Reebok? I bet you did, and I bet you spent the whole afternoon cursing and bashing everyone involved with the club every time we failed to do it.

Expected yes, but Birmingham at home is nothing like Bolton away. Put it this way. We dropped points at home against relegation candidates.

Again, you missed the whole ****ing point yet again. It does not matter where they are in the table. It doesn't. Period. It's their performances against the other teams in the top 4 that matter. You talk so much about not giving a **** about how they do against other teams, yet you keep banging on about their position in the table. Bloody hell, stop being such a hypocritical idiot and start looking at your argument, which at this point is inconsistent as hell.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
I think people are beginning to be slightly less knee-jerk when we draw or lose which is good.

the plan for the season was to beat Sp**s to fourth anyway. Right?

So we are still performing over expectations.

Why knee-jerk?

outlaw_member

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:

Why knee-jerk?

We are Arsenal and a title push is the least I expect at the start of the season.

Illusion

Established Member
This result is unacceptable.

They were there for the taking and we failed to score even one goal from open play during 90minutes of domination which saw us have up to 75% possession! Inexcusable.

Had the scores stayed 1-0 it would have been disapointing, since we still wouldn't have scored from open play, but at least we'd have three points.

Man Utd faced a side which rolled over for them, but if we faced the same side would we have banged 6 in? I very much doubt it.

When Man Utd play a weaker team they are scoring a lot, they are putting 3 or 4 goals past them, in most cases before they even have a chance to respond. We just don't seem to do that and it's costing us.

I'm disapointed and I hope we can recover from this. We have given Man Utd yet another chance to run off ahead of us. Their goal difference is growing whilst ours doesn't move.

Tony Montana

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:

Why knee-jerk?

We are Arsenal and a title push is the least I expect at the start of the season.

How long have you been a gooner?

Tony Montana

Established Member
Illusion said:
This result is unacceptable.

They were there for the taking and we failed to score even one goal from open play during 90minutes of domination which saw us have up to 75% possession! Inexcusable.

Had the scores stayed 1-0 it would have been disapointing, since we still wouldn't have scored from open play, but at least we'd have three points.

Man Utd faced a side which rolled over for them, but if we faced the same side would we have banged 6 in? I very much doubt it.

When Man Utd play a weaker team they are scoring a lot, they are putting 3 or 4 goals past them, in most cases before they even have a chance to respond. We just don't seem to do that and it's costing us.

I'm disapointed and I hope we can recover from this. We have given Man Utd yet another chance to run off ahead of us. Their goal difference is growing whilst ours doesn't move.

Why are you comparing Arsenal and Man Utd to the goal? It's ridiculous. We beat Everton 4-1 away while Man Utd could only beat them 1-0. We beat WHU away while Man U lost. Shall we carry on? It doesn't mean that much if at all in the great scheme of things.

You say the result is unacceptable but you'll have to accept it and move on. There's not much else you can do. Why do we have to beat Newcastle 6-0 to prove we are as good as United? We're level on points and yes they've scored more goals but we've also put 3 or 4 past weaker sides this season as well.

Can we stop overanalysing?

DC Gunner

Established Member
Speaking of bad delivery on Corners, why don't we use Sagna , he is a good crosser of the ball, he can't do worse than what we have now.

Not to mention, he is not a scoring threat taken out of the play anyway.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
outlaw_member said:
gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:

Why knee-jerk?

How long have you been a gooner?

Since my first ever footballing memory which was seeing United beat Arsenal by a Winterburn own goal. So not long before Wenger arrived. I would really like to know why you ask?

sesquioxide

DC Gunner said:
Speaking of bad delivery on Corners, why don't we use Sagna , he is a good crosser of the ball, he can't do worse than what we have now.

Or maybe try taking the corners short? With our bad ball deliveries, it feels as if the only keeper we can ever score corners against is Paul Robinson.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
DC Gunner said:

you do realise wenger rate sagna so highly for him to score from corners?

he even replace sagna's defending duty to give to flamini when we are attacking a corner. its normally 2 fullbacks to defend.

Top Bottom