• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ARSENAL V Birmingham player ratings..

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6 Not sure if he could have done better with the goal but he made a great stop in the first half and was quick off his line to deny Birmingham on another occassion.
Sagna - 6 Supported the attack well down the right and also defended well.
Senderos - 7 Dodgy moments here and there but, those aside, a solid defensive performance.
Gallas - 7 Solid
Clichy - 7 As solid as always defensively and ran his socks off getting forward. He's actually putting in some semi-decent balls these days but he still needs work in that area.
Walcott - 3 Dear oh dear. Unfortunately he makes things difficult for himself. Refuses to play it simple. So many times he got himself in to good positions to pass after good dribbling but chose to try and take on more players and lost it. Not a good performance, and the crowd got on his back.
Fabregas - 4 Will somebody tell me where Fabregas is and who this guy pretending to be him is? Sloppy passing.
Flamini - 7 A very solid game from Flamini. Continues to justify his selection.
Hleb - 6.5 Masterclass in the first half but his head seemed to drop when Birmingham scored. Plenty of sloppy passes but he was still involved in most of our best opportunties in the second half.
Adebayor - 4 Nice penalty but was completely anon otherwise.
Eduardo - 5 Tried but had little impact.

Bendtner - 6 Made an impact but made one or two bad decisions in dangerous areas.
Diaby - 6 Actually passed the ball which gets him a 6 on it's own.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Senderos - 7
Gallas - 7 Solid
Clichy - 7
Walcott - 2
Fabregas - 4
Flamini - 7.5
Hleb - 6.5
Adebayor - 4
Eduardo - 4

dutchMasta

Almunia - 7 (Comfortable, did well and not at fault for goal imo)
Sagna - 6.5 (Fine, solid down the right)
Senderos - 7.5 (Good performance, won a lot of headers and tackles)
Gallas - 7 (Solid, could've won us the game, but not easy)
Clichy - 7 (Great, and his crossing was better today)
Walcott - 3 (Should play 1-a-side football)
Fabregas - 5 (Something's wrong, inaccurate passing and his so-called pinpoint long balls weren't working at all)
Flamini - 6.5 (Solid in the middle, and added to the attack, but didn't mark the man for Brum's goal)
Hleb - 7 (Incredible 1st half, average 2nd, with some poor and some decent moments)
Adebayor - 6 (Decent, nice peno, but not much service)
Eduardo - 5 (Fine, but even less service to him)

Bendtner - 6 (Little impact, good pass to Hleb though near the end)
Diaby - 5.5 (Little to no impact, very slow to shoot)

Rohit

Established Member
Although Hleb wasn't as good in the 2nd, every chance we created still came through him. I can't stop imagining Gallas connecting to the ball that Hleb put across the goal.

lagos

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Senderos - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 7
Walcott - 1 for turning up! lets stop kidding ourselves this boy belongs in the reserves. he's a passenger which a team with genuine title ambitions cannot afford to carry
Fabregas - 5 - been dissapointing for a while now, at least you know what he can do
Flamini - 7
Hleb - 6.5
Adebayor - 5
Eduardo - 5

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 7
Senderos - 8
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8
Walcott - 2
Fabregas - 5
Flamini - 7
Hleb - 6
Adebayor - 3
Eduardo - 5

Bendtner - 6
Diaby - 6

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So I take it Walcott was terrible again? lol.
Fabregas is still off form it seems :(

go49oner

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Senderos - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 7
Walcott - 1 for turning up! lets stop kidding ourselves this boy belongs in the reserves. he's a passenger which a team with genuine title ambitions cannot afford to carry Fabregas - 5 - been dissapointing for a while now, at least you know what he can do
Flamini - 7
Hleb - 6.5
Adebayor - 5
Eduardo - 5

I agree, however I dont think his even good enough for our reserves.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeeiish, that bad? Havent (seriously) seen 1s or 2s for a while, and not good enough to play for our reserves? that bad?
O Theo...
From the comments you would forgive me for thinking we lost..but Birmingham reeaaaaaaallllyyy in all honesty should be 3 points in the bag, for a championship team. O dear. Tres disapointed.
How did you guys watch it by the way? I had a horrid time...

giuliob

Almunia - 6.5 Solid
Sagna - 6 Not as solid as usual and he slowed down in the 2nd half...Still a good effort
Senderos - 7 Nice job; some beaut tackles in the 2nd half
Gallas - 6.5 Put in a workmanlike performance...
Clichy - 7 Good; will be world class one day though not today;
Walcott - 4 Very disappointing especially against this this team
Fabregas - 4 He is not playing well, and hasn't in a long time
Flamini - 5. He was just okay for me today; wish he would cover for the back more; suspect on the Brum's goal
Hleb - 7 Finally a midfielder who played with intensity and skill; worked hard to get the ball up front; tapered off at the end...
Adebayor - 6 Well, the same old Ade, hard working
Eduardo - 5 He had his chances

Bendtner - 6 Another hard worker, and decent with his passing; oh so close a couple of times
Diaby - 3 What is his function out there? Does he know what the word "pass" means?

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 7
Senderos - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 7.5
Walcott - 2.5
Fabregas - 6
Flamini - 7
Hleb - 6
Adebayor - 4
Eduardo - 5

Bendtner - 6
Diaby - 5

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Gallas - 7 - led the team and didn't the desired result
Senderos - 8 - very impressive with his second half
Clichy - 7 - tried hard and varied his plays, also getting better at crossing and firing at ranges
Hleb - 7 - played well but got frustrated later on
Falmini - 6 - defended well
Cesc - 6 - a bit too relaxed in the first half, second half tried hard but unlucky
Walcott - 4 - this touch too heavy, next touch too light, maybe this is harsh to say but that's Championship player's ball control
Ade - 5 - another sub par performance this season, but ,much like the ones in his last season
Eduardo - 7 - linked up well, but never looked like getting into the goal poaching position

Sub:
Bendtner - 6 - made an impact, but was too fancy with his attemptes on goal.
Diaby - 5 - similar to Theo, and it's the speed of his decision making slowed down the team's attack in the final third

Wenger - 6 - played 4-4-2. Despite the possession and forward surging of our midfielders, to me there seemed to be confusion with the roles of the two strikers and Cesc+Hleb. Wenger did the right thing in taking Theo off with 25 mins to run. It's a bit unlucky for the team to get a draw despite the chances.

henry79

Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Senderos - 7
Gallas - 7 Solid
Clichy - 7
Walcott - 1 and I am generous
Fabregas - 4 when ever he plays badly the team struggles worrying!!!!
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 6
Adebayor - 4
Eduardo - 5

Bendtner - 6
Diaby - 5

FrankArsenal

I missed the first half so I'm not going to rate everybody.

- Senderos: I thought he was really solid in the second half. He deserves an 8. That's maybe a little high but that's because he gets a lot of stick and he was the only one who managed to get a header in all our second half corners.

- Hleb: Apparently he was great in the first half but I thought he was sh*t in the second. He did all the things that are annoying in his game but he didn't show the good stuff. A lot of sloppy passes and lost the ball to much.

- Fab: He isn't on form since his injury (1/2 games and suspension).. I thought he would be refreshed after that, but he wasn't. Then I hoped he would be refreshed after the break he got the last 10 days (with Gallas, Flamini, Hleb and co).. but he's still off form.
The goals have dried up.

- Eduardo: Maybe I'm believing the hype, but I though he did quite well. Could have scored if Flamini's ball was a bit slower and added a lot to the teamplay. He did a lot better on the left than when he first started there... I guess that's down to confidence.

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5
Sagna - 7
Senderos - 8
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8

Walcott - 4
Fabregas - 5
Flamini - 7
Hleb - 6

Adebayor - 5.5 - Why is everyone giving him 4s and 3s?
Eduardo - 5

Bendtner - 6
Diaby - *****

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AnthonyG said:
tactica442 said:
Wenger - 6 - played 4-4-2. Despite the possession and forward surging of our midfielders, to me there seemed to be confusion with the roles of the two strikers and Cesc+Hleb. Wenger did the right thing in taking Theo off with 25 mins to run. It's a bit unlucky for the team to get a draw despite the chances.
That's a really good point. Hmmm, 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 anyone?

I know that we don't play that formation much, but could be worth a go....
IMHO formation was not the issue. It's the messed up corner kicks and set pieces, apart from the missed chances.

Top Bottom