• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ARSENAL V Birmingham player ratings..

dutchMasta

Woah, just because we've been asking for 4-4-2 doesn't mean we're going to win all the matches automatically. The players have to perform too, especially the key ones like Ade, Cesc, Hleb, etc. but they didn't (other than Hleb in the 1st half). The formation does affect the game, but it isn't the only problem.

I still feel it's more effective than 4-5-1.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

dutchMasta said:
Woah, just because we've been asking for 4-4-2 doesn't mean we're going to win all the matches automatically. The players have to perform too, especially the key ones like Ade, Cesc, Hleb, etc. but they didn't (other than Hleb in the 1st half). The formation does affect the game, but it isn't the only problem.

I still feel it's more effective than 4-5-1.
I completely agree. Not that I got to watch the match, but just in general.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 5.5
Sagna 6.5
Gallas 6
Senderos 6
Clichy 7
Flamini 6
Fabregas 6
Walcott 4.5
Hleb 7.5
Eduardo 6
Adebayor 6.5

Bendtner 5.5

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 7
Walcott 3
Cesc 5
Flamini 6
Hleb 7
Ade 6
Eduardo 6

Bendtner 6
Diaby 6

awooga83

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Senderos 6.5
Clichy 7
Walcott 3
Cesc 4
Flamini 6
Hleb 5
Ade 6
Eduardo 7

Bendtner 5
Diaby 5

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 6 - good early save but needs to be more commanding from corners/free kicks
Sagna 6.5 - ok
Senderos 7.5 - very good today
Gallas 7 - Solid
Clichy 7.5 - never stopped running and trying to make things happpen
Walcott 4 - woeful
Fabregas 5 - ineffective
Flamini 7 - battled well enough
Hleb 6 - probed and tried
Adebayor 5.5 - good pen but couldnt do much
Eduardo 6.5 - did well in a position that doesnt really suit him, won us he penalty and linked up well in second half with Clichy and Bendtner

SUBS
Bendtner 6
Diaby n/a

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Almunia 5
Sagna 5
Gallas 7
Senderos 7
Clichy 7
Flamini 7
Fabregas 5
Walcott 3
Hleb 7
Eduardo 4
Adebayor 6

Bendtner 5.5

Christofaux

Amunia 8 - Good save first up, couldnt help the goal, came out confidently and effectively on numberous occasions

Sagna 7 - Had a relatively good game. Itsh ard when Larsson keeps kicking your ankles all night.
Gallas 6 - meh?
Senderos 7 - A few great tackles, some rather well appreciated surges forward. A good header on goal.
Clichy 7 -Same as Sagna, had a good shot that if the keeper was slightly off guard we could of been ahead.
Flamini 7 - Played well, is everywhere, seems to be getting too far forward at times when Fabregas is up too.
Walcott 5 - Definately shows promise. Under wenger his dribbling should improve and he will find those holes through defenders in the box.
Hleb 7 - This guy is a genious he is so quick on the ball. Gets out of tight spots with class.
Eduardo 5 - Won us a lucky penalty. Started to link up better with Ade.
Ade 6 - Was seen in defence at times when it was required so showed good presence. Too many back heels that made me frustrated like watching Henry in his last season at Arsenal.

Bendnter 5 - Didnt see much of him

Dragon181

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 6,5
Gallas - 6,5
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 7
Walcott - 5
Fabregas - 5,5
Flamini - 6,5
Hleb - 6,5
Adebayor - 6,5
Eduardo - 6

Asterix

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Almunia 6 - good early save but needs to be more commanding from corners/free kicks
Sagna 6.5 - ok
Senderos 7.5 - very good today
Gallas 7 - Solid
Clichy 7.5 - never stopped running and trying to make things happpen
Walcott 4 - woeful
Fabregas 5 - ineffective
Flamini 7 - battled well enough
Hleb 6 - probed and tried
Adebayor 5.5 - good pen but couldnt do much
Eduardo 6.5 - did well in a position that doesnt really suit him, won us he penalty and linked up well in second half with Clichy and Bendtner

SUBS
Bendtner 6
Diaby n/a

Agreed - nice summary. I was pleased with big Phil. Not pleased with our ineffectual attack. Maybe it was just one of those days. Another day two headers would have flown in.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Almunia 6 -
Sagna 6.5 -
Senderos 7.5 - What can we ask more from him today.
Gallas 7 - Solid
Clichy 7.5 - Never gave up!
Walcott 4 - First touch should get a improvement.
Fabregas 5 - Well, he is in a off-form right now.
Flamini 7 -
Hleb 6,5 - tried to create something but it was difficult and at the end he was a little bit frustrated.
Adebayor 5.5 Invisible.
Eduardo 6.5 - He seems to improve alot. with the general play.

AliBabaBrewer

Alumnia - 6
Did well enough. Perhaps could've done more for the goal but other than that a tidy game.

Clichy - 7
I was pleased with his attacking. Defensively he did alright, but was much better at attacking than he usually is. Ran his nuts off.

Senderos - 7
Despite still having 1 mistake, I was very impressed with him today, and at one point, I thought he could have been the best player in the second half. Suprisingly solid.

Gallas - 6
Did alright. Not too much to do and went forward at the end and looked commanding.

Sagna - 6
Got more from the game as Walcott passes to him more than Eboue, but did well enough attacking and defensively. Crapped myself when I thought he was injured.

Hleb - 6
First half I thought he looked fantastic. Second half I thought he looked poor.

Flamini - 7
Always impressed with his work ethic. Went back to cover when Clichy went forward and always tried to get the ball.The new team work horse.

Fabregas - 5
Looked very ordinary since his injury, which is a problem when he's probably the main component of the team.

Walcott - 4
Didn't know what to do with himself, lost possession 99% of the time he had the ball. Needs a rest, or a loan move or something.

Adebayor - 6
Well taken penalty and contributed a fair amount, even coming back to collect possession.

Eduardo - 6
Looking more a part of the team and linked up well with the other players.

Bendtner - 6
Came on and passed well. Missed an awkward chance, but didn't look to have the high impact he had before, but may be down to the Birmingham defence.

Diaby - 5
Came on and didn't do much, although actually made a pass, which gives him a 5.

Top Bottom