• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers -EPL- Wed 20th Jan 2010 - 19:45

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Massive, massive game.
This is the match that we've waited months to play and get out of the way, and any rivals watching will want it over and done with too.

Win, and we go 1 point behind Chelsea. Stunning, if so.

After a morale-boosting victory over West Ham in the FA Cup, it's time to meet our fate once again in our first league match of 2010.

----------------------------------

Rescheduled game finally being played.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Re: EPL - Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers - Wed 12th Jan 2010 -19:45

Winning would be better than losing!

CKD39

Established Member

Cavemen will be up for it since they'll probably have a new non-Ginger manager in place by then. Can't get complacent. Be interesting to see what Le Prof does in the absence of Song.

ultradoc

Established Member

match in ****ing hand at last. let's take it and shove it up theirs. Go arsenal!!!

TomasCR

Established Member

On if team selection could be a problem with the Fifth Round being just before the Champions League...

"It depends how many players return from injury. Today Arshavin, Denilson, Fabregas and Walcott and then there are players at the back who are out. Arshavin should be available for Wednesday but today he had a foot problem. I don't know how long Walcott will be out for because he has a rib injury and they are always difficult to predict. Last time he had it on the right and this time it is on the left. Last time he was out for nearly a month. We hope that this time it will be much shorter."
It seems like Rosicky was rested once again due to a lot of players (Denilson, Song, Fabregas, Walcott) being out the moment and Wenger didn't want to take the risk. Looks to me that if Denilson fails to recover for Wednesday, we'll see Diaby - Nasri - Ramsey in the middle with Rosicky - Arshavin - Eduardo up front.

Code:
             Almunia

Sagna   Gallas  Vermaelen  Traore

Nasri

Ramsey           Diaby  

Rosicky     Arshavin      Eduardo

If Denilson manages to recover, he'll play instead of either Ramsey or Nasri.

The line-up should be enough to beat that ****e Bolton side.

hoyden

It's on Jan. 6th not 12th., right?

Alfonso

Established Member

Goonergal, I think you need to change the date on the title :wink:

This match really depends on whether or not Bolton get a new manager in before Wed. If they do we could be in for a rough ride, Bolton have one of the best away records in the league and have scored more set pieces than anyone.

IBL

Established Member

Big game this, the one to put us right in the mix and put the other two teams under some pressure.

qs

Established Member

CKD39 said:
Cavemen will be up for it since they'll probably have a new non-Ginger manager in place by then. Can't get complacent. Be interesting to see what Le Prof does in the absence of Song.

Megson did a good job with Bolton, they're just a poor side. If they do get a new manager they might get a new manager bounce but if I was running Bolton I'd wait till after this game to appoint because a bounce is more likely after having played us at the Emirates.

Worried about Songs absence, especially with Denilson out. Could be a very unbalanced midfield.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

It's a home game. We've got the second best home record in the league and Bolton are parking at 18th place. We should win this game even with nine men on the field.

The Gambler

Alfonso said:
Goonergal, I think you need to change the date on the title :wink:

This match really depends on whether or not Bolton get a new manager in before Wed. If they do we could be in for a rough ride, Bolton have one of the best away records in the league and have scored more set pieces than anyone.

Key. I believe our record of goals conceded at set pieces is worse than average too. Need a big commanding game from Al and the back four to be on top form. That said, we have better than anything they've got. We should - and must - win.

IBL

Established Member

Hopefully Song and Denilson's absence wont affect us too much as you'd expect us to be on front foot for most of the game. I wouldnt mind seeing Vermaelen in a midfield anchor role if we had a decent enough CB to cover for him, I dont trust Silvestre or Senderos enough.

Rorz

Established Member

Would really like to see Fabianksi start this one... Almunia hasn't been too bad of late but Wookash put in a really good display today.

If he could build his confidence he would probably become a fine keeper... I still worry about how he would perform in important games though.

qs

Established Member

Coping without Song is likely going to be Wengers biggest test of the season, I hope he's flexible during this period and is willing to make changes if we start to look a little weak defensively.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

qs said:
Coping without Song is likely going to be Wengers biggest test of the season, I hope he's flexible during this period and is willing to make changes if we start to look a little weak defensively.
Me too. All the same I'd be very disappointed if we failed without Song. Looking at our fixture list we're playing Bolton, Everton, Bolton, Stoke, Aston Villa and Manchester United during the time he's out, and that's if Cameroon gets to the final. If they don't he might be back for the United game, or even Villa.

est

I'm pretty sure Diaby's going to be the one playing the Song-position. Hope Denilson and Arshavin will be fit, though.

Alfonso

Established Member

Song picked up a yellow card today and if im correct, it was his 5th one of the season? If so, he will miss the first game that he's back.

I would not be against getting Vieria on loan for the rest of the season.

est

I might be mistaken, but I thought the commentators said it was his 7th yellow. I'm not sure, though.

Top Bottom