• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers -EPL- Wed 20th Jan 2010 - 19:45

Del Boy

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Come on now, it's totally irrelevant. Arshavin is a winner, he wanted to score, so what. I believe Theo has already got over it, let's do the same. We won, are first...
Exactly, Arshavin has earned the right to be a bit greedy. The goals he has scored at Anfield and the Old Toilet were out of this world.

Remember when Adebayor didn't pass to Bendtner vs Birmingham...?

Now that was something to moan about... :p

otfgoon

Established Member
Swish said:
Henry is a poor example. He squared plenty of easy chances to the unmarked player at the back post during his time here.

Well yeah, I didn't become an Arsenal fan yesterday :mrgreen:

My point was it happens from time to time even with the invincibles and even with someone as unselfish as Thierry 'I enjoy assists more than goals' Henry.

I cannot remember selfishness costing us once this season or even the last. Last time I remember it pissing me off was when Nic failed to pass to Ade (or the other way around?) for a certain goal in THAT birmingham game.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Swish said:
Henry is a poor example. He squared plenty of easy chances to the unmarked player at the back post during his time here.

Its not a poor example. He was using that one time to explain that everyone can get greedy from time to time. Arshavin should have passed, he didn't. Big deal 4-2 up. It didn't cost us. Move on.

General

Established Member
Luaren not passing to Henry against Chelsea (I think it 04/05). Titi also threw a tantrum if I remember correctly.

MAK 14

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
Swish said:

Its not a poor example. He was using that one time to explain that everyone can get greedy from time to time. Arshavin should have passed, he didn't. Big deal 4-2 up. It didn't cost us. Move on.
It is a poor example. Henry went on to score then whilst Arshavin didn't. It was just a case of Arshavin being overly greedy and had we of not been 4-2 up at the time, i would of been very annoyed with him.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Swish said:

It is a poor example. Henry went on to score then whilst Arshavin didn't. It was just a case of Arshavin being overly greedy and had we of not been 4-2 up at the time, i would of been very annoyed with him.
:shock:

So if Arshavin would have score it would have been the right choice? It was a bad decision not to pass whether he scored the goal or not. Same goes for Henry. Perfectly valid example.

If we would not have been 4-2 Arshavin would have passed it.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
not having the replay at my fingertips right now, anyone think that maybe Arshavin thought he could not simply "slide the ball over to Theo" since there was a defender in between him and AA?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
arsenalfc0719 said:

So if Arshavin would have score it would have been the right choice? It was a bad decision not to pass wether he scored the goal or not. Same goes for Henry. Perfectly valid example.
disagree with this part.. if he scores, then its a good decision..

anything that leads to a goal (that is not blind luck) is a good decision

Del Boy

Established Member
I agree, I can't see how he would be at fault if he scored a goal. Anyway it is strange we are even talking about this, we always try and walk it into the net. If anything we are not selfish enough in front of goal.

otfgoon

Established Member
Del Boy said:
I agree, I can't see how he would be at fault if he scored a goal. Anyway it is strange we are even talking about this, we always try and walk it into the net. If anything we are not selfish enough in front of goal.

Well if that the way you look at it then he should be critisised for missing not for failing to pass. Especially since he ended up one on one with the keeper.

MAK 14

Established Member
USArsenal said:
arsenalfc0719 said:

So if Arshavin would have score it would have been the right choice? It was a bad decision not to pass wether he scored the goal or not. Same goes for Henry. Perfectly valid example.

Precisely. If the ball ends up in the back of the net then i don't see how it can be deemed the wrong decision.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
USArsenal said:
arsenalfc0719 said:

Precisely. If the ball ends up in the back of the net then i don't see how it can be deemed the wrong decision.
So then you cant blame him for not passing, you have to blame him for not scoring the goal.

True Gooner

Established Member
It happens.

I can see why Arshavin opted to go for goal.

I can see why Theo got pissed off.

As long as Arshavin realises that he shouldn't pull that stunt when we're not two goals ahead I don't think there's any need to get worked up.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i dont think he made the wrong decision, just had a bad result.. it happens.. he might have passed to Theo and he might have scored.. he might not have scored.. the pass might have been intercepted..

but he opted to shoot.. as oftgoon said, we dont seem to shoot enough anyway, so im OK with him shooting from that point blank range, its just a shame he didnt put it past the keeper

Humble Rex

Established Member
Woke up this morning extremely tired, since I was on A-M way later than I should have been last night, and then I remembered: TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!
Fantastic day from then on!

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i dont think he made the wrong decision, just had a bad result.. it happens.. he might have passed to Theo and he might have scored.. he might not have scored.. the pass might have been intercepted..

but he opted to shoot.. as oftgoon said, we dont seem to shoot enough anyway, so im OK with him shooting from that point blank range, its just a shame he didnt put it past the keeper
Swish thinks it was a bad decision and is criticising Arshavin's for being "selfish". And my post was in response to his.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Glad to see we are still bickering here. At least it is about something benign like the Arshavin incident. Great result......was absolutely fecked after the game...........too much Red Stripe and fair amount of the holy weed. Feelin' the effects of the celebrations today!

We are TOP of The LEAGUE!! We are TOP of The League!!

Now unto Stoke!!!

P.S. and more inujuries-for feck sake! :x

Top Bottom