• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers -EPL- Wed 20th Jan 2010 - 19:45

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
MAK 14 said:
USArsenal said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
:shock:

So if Arshavin would have score it would have been the right choice? It was a bad decision not to pass wether he scored the goal or not. Same goes for Henry. Perfectly valid example.
disagree with this part.. if he scores, then its a good decision..

anything that leads to a goal (that is not blind luck) is a good decision
Precisely. If the ball ends up in the back of the net then i don't see how it can be deemed the wrong decision.
So then you cant blame him for not passing, you have to blame him for not scoring the goal.

True Gooner

Established Member
It happens.

I can see why Arshavin opted to go for goal.

I can see why Theo got pissed off.

As long as Arshavin realises that he shouldn't pull that stunt when we're not two goals ahead I don't think there's any need to get worked up.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i dont think he made the wrong decision, just had a bad result.. it happens.. he might have passed to Theo and he might have scored.. he might not have scored.. the pass might have been intercepted..

but he opted to shoot.. as oftgoon said, we dont seem to shoot enough anyway, so im OK with him shooting from that point blank range, its just a shame he didnt put it past the keeper

Humble Rex

Established Member
Woke up this morning extremely tired, since I was on A-M way later than I should have been last night, and then I remembered: TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!
Fantastic day from then on!

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i dont think he made the wrong decision, just had a bad result.. it happens.. he might have passed to Theo and he might have scored.. he might not have scored.. the pass might have been intercepted..

but he opted to shoot.. as oftgoon said, we dont seem to shoot enough anyway, so im OK with him shooting from that point blank range, its just a shame he didnt put it past the keeper
Swish thinks it was a bad decision and is criticising Arshavin's for being "selfish". And my post was in response to his.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Glad to see we are still bickering here. At least it is about something benign like the Arshavin incident. Great result......was absolutely fecked after the game...........too much Red Stripe and fair amount of the holy weed. Feelin' the effects of the celebrations today!

We are TOP of The LEAGUE!! We are TOP of The League!!

Now unto Stoke!!!

P.S. and more inujuries-for feck sake! :x

Swish

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
USArsenal said:

Swish thinks it was a bad decision and is criticising Arshavin's for being "selfish". And my post was in response to his.
No, don't go putting words into my mouth.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
USArsenal said:
not having the replay at my fingertips right now, anyone think that maybe Arshavin thought he could not simply "slide the ball over to Theo" since there was a defender in between him and AA?

Yep thats all it is. The defender positioned himself very well and Arshavin knew there was a chance it mightn't make it so he went for goal because he thought it was the best thing to do. It really isn't a big deal.

James

Established Member
I was always worried that your username could've been after the band AFS :lol:

Anyway, Andrey being greedy really didn't bother me in the slightest. He'd just given us the goal to make things convincing and to put us top of the league...and then with a terrific dummy, was through on the goal. Was refreshing to see a player wanting to get a shot away rather than try get another pass in.

Of course, if it's 0-0 next Wednesday at Villa Park, and he does the same, it'll be a different matter.

russkiegooner

Swish said:
To be fair to Coyle, he prefers the Arsenal way of playing. He has inherited a team of thugs and will try to transform them into how Burnley played. Sadly, he can't turn a blind eye when the new team he has is notorious for being an aggressive bunch of thug c**nts and every team will stick it back to Bolton because thats the only way Bolton can play and Coyle will need to learn that.

Ok, that's a fair point: Coyle is working with the material he's inherited and that's probably not his dream in terms of style of play. That said, his statement about 'Gallas' 'assault' is nevertheless highly hypocritical. As though Bolton's fouls against Fab or Arshavin, to mention just a few, were mere friendly tapping on the shoulder... And we have Diaby out, into the bargain. He should shut up about 'dirty play', and some British tabloids should do exactly the same.

James

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
On the Gallas tackle, I just cant understand the furore. It was clumsy, late but never in a million years malicious.
Exactly. Like Alonso mentioned, it was a split second from being completely the other way around. It's hilarious really all the media attention. Bolton have "bullied" us for years, and the likes of Hansen, Shearer etc. have always praised them for this. In fact, it was in no way any worse than the tackles put in by Davies and his mob for the past god knows how many seasons.

kamikaze80

Established Member
having just seen it, it was nowhere near as bad as i thought it was given all the rage about it. he wasnt even sliding in at pace, he just stepped on his ankle. bad, late tackle, yes. yellow card, sure.

but not exactly exhibit A for billy gallas, dickhead defender. bolton and the english media need to shut their pieholes.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
The furor should be targeted at the referee for not giving a free kick, not at Gallas. It was a split second decision on a 50/50 ball. What is he supposed to do?

Wokich

Theo was open, but he didn't make it easy. I think he shoulda been further behind to open up the passing lane. As it was, the defender shut down the angle pretty well and I don't blame Sheva for taking the shot (missing is another thing).

I'm not trying to say it was 100% Theo's fault, but it took two of them to blow that chance. Theo could have made a better run.

Swish

Established Member
The longer Arshavin waited, the less Theo could do. By the time Arshavin did look up, the chance of squaring the ball was greatly reduced. Theo's run was perfect.

Mastadon

Established Member
After that turn you couldn`t blame Arshavin for trying to score. Top players will always have confidence in themselves to do what average players can`t. The fact that he didn`t manage to score doesn`t matter as we were leading by 2 goals and went on to win the give. Give it a rest.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom