• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea - Nov. 29 Sun - 16:00 GMT

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I keep having these thought that Eboue and Diaby would have made a difference.

sabret00the

Established Member
Captain said:
:lol:

Cole only came forward twice all game more or less.
So he only joined in the attack when he thought he could add something tangible. Our full backs could learn a thing or two.

L'Arse04

Gallas should have cleared by positioning himself better, or put his body Terry-shtyle to block the crosses.

algunner

As I said last game against Sunderland and now against Chelsea at home....why the freaking hell do we keep on crossing the ball?For who to win... it is not rocket science to see that....I thought we had the ball well in midfield but why do we keep doing that cross to the center from the wings I have no Idea?? I mean sometimes its ok to get a draw when the opponent is defending well but when you just pump the ball upfront to nobody is just plain stupid play! I have one thing to say to Walcott 'you are a p***y' Wilshere has more guts anytime anywhere than this new # 14. I would be so shocked if he went to world cup playing like this.....Anyways time to regroup and see what they come up in December!!!! If not all wins forget the title and work on Cup games.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
It's stupid to judge players who are just coming into the side especially if they've just returned from a lenghty injury lay-off. Nasri and Rosicky have just been through their pre-season and Eduardo is trying to adapt to a new role, again. Theo's been struggling with his fitness for ages now so give him some time to regain form and fitness ffs

algunner

Zico said:
Walcott had no impact on that game. Ashley was injured by the time Walcott started running into people. The kid is a waste on the wing
The guy has no guts......look at SPW or Arron Lennon they have guts at attacking the wing with a purpose and strength. They have great shot to cross low and hard after going behind the defenders. On the other hand, Walcott wonders there about and waiting for Fab to do the magic pass....your team is down 3-0 and he is waiting for a pass to make an impact....wtf is wrong with these players....yet they want to go to World Cup...keep dreaming Walcott!!!

Zico

Established Member
Like Benitez, Walcott is just amortizing the goodwill he gained on one glorious night. For Benitez, it was Istanbul. For Walcott, it was Zagreb.

progman07

Established Member
Zico said:
Like Benitez, Walcott is just amortizing the goodwill he gained on one glorious night. For Benitez, it was Istanbul. For Walcott, it was Zagreb.
I think Theo's run against Liverpool was bigger.

xcdude24

Established Member
Zico said:

He's 20, for goodness sakes.

MAK 14

Established Member
Zico said:
What about Liverpool? Milan? Chelsea? Believe it or not, Theo has been very important for us in the past...

He made very little impact when he did come on. But, I do think it was him that pegged Cole back. His off the ball running is very good, one of the reasons i think Cole lost his license to go forward. On the ball, however, he was awful.

True Gooner

Established Member
Or Villarreal. Or his little run of games leading up to Zagreb.

Maybe people have got carried away with Theo and have expected too much from him but he's only 20 and has an injury riddled career thus far and hasn't started enough games.

Captain

Established Member
Theo is a good player when he is on his game but you can't expect much from him right now as he has barely played and isn't as much of a natural footballer as some other players we have.

Zico

Established Member
Capi, the problem is Walcott is 20 years old and cannot control a football consistently and makes awful decisions. The second problem can be sorted out (exhibit a: Christiano Ronaldo), but the first problem is a major liability. I cannot see his basic control improving a great deal at that age. Look at Michael Owen now. Without his pace, all he has going for him is his finishing, and he has very few opportunities to show if off now.

Captain

Established Member
He can control a ball consistently once he gets going. 3-5 games usually but we don't have that time right now.

arsenalsocks

Established Member
algunner said:
Zico said:
Walcott had no impact on that game. Ashley was injured by the time Walcott started running into people. The kid is a waste on the wing
The guy has no guts......look at SPW or Arron Lennon they have guts at attacking the wing with a purpose and strength. They have great shot to cross low and hard after going behind the defenders. On the other hand, Walcott wonders there about and waiting for Fab to do the magic pass....your team is down 3-0 and he is waiting for a pass to make an impact....wtf is wrong with these players....yet they want to go to World Cup...keep dreaming Walcott!!!

That could be said for any of our players.

progman07

Established Member
algunner said:
Zico said:
he was trying, but nothing worked for him. He has just returned from a series of injuries.

FFS, stop writing every player off after 2-3 bad performances. Yeah, he isn't Messi, he isn't a 27 y/o Henry either, but he can be someone, if he keeps improving.

The blame goes for Wenger, who relies on 20 y/o unfinished products, not for the players. You can't tell Theo and co. to just go out and beat Drogba and Terry.

I'd be interested whether a 20 y/o Pires, a 20 y/o Ljungberg, and a 20 y/o Gilberto would have lead us to winning a league unbeaten.

Accomplished

Established Member
Zico said:

Please tell me this was sarcasm, please oh please tell me....

Zico

Established Member
Accomplished said:
Zico said:

Please tell me this was sarcasm, please oh please tell me....

No I was quite serious. I had the hots for the boy when he first came, but I have quickly realised that he is not much better than a Pennant. Everybody has some nice things they've done in games. Even Eboue, Diaby and Denilson can point to nice goals, runs, flicks, etc. Theo needs to develop his skills (dribbling, passing), impose himself more on the game (demand the ball, make the right runs) before I will be excited by him. For now he's just a run and gun merchant.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I still have the hots for Theo , but can't help but thinking going to England U 21 has put him backwards plus only my impression - he seems to have acquired an attitud recently it will just happen for him. No one can tell me Eboue would not have done a better job on the wing .

Latest posts

Top Bottom