• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Everton - Barclays Premier League - Sunday May 4,

• Thread starter qs
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 14,940

qs

Established Member
No fancy graphics etc but its 2 days from the game so some one needed to make a thread.

Anyway just came looking for this thread to let ye know Arteta is going to miss it which is good news for us I suppose.

I suppose we have to play as strong a team as possible. Wouldn't expect much change from last weeks starting 11 apart from Ade coming in for Robin.

illmatik

Established Member
Going to be tricky, but we will get the job done, 3-1.

Hopefully Chelsea and United drop some points, cmon Newcastle and WestHam

Cahill is out as well right?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Has it even happened that noone was willing to make a match thread when the match is just 2 days away?

McIntyre

Established Member
Everton will be going all out for three points to try and stay in the automatic UEFA Cup spot so we've got to take this one seriously. I can imagine Wenger sticking with the same line up as Monday too, apart from the RVP/Adebayor switch.

I guess we'll know by the end of the United/West Ham game on Saturday whether there's any point, title-wise, in going all out for three points. If we don't have to, Wenger may experiment and give a couple of kids some game time.

Although I'd hope he and the players will be looking to win our last home game no matter what.

qs

Established Member
WE should still be aiming to beat Chelsea to 2nd even if Untied win. Their game against Newcastle will be very tough.

AFCG7

Established Member
Robin will miss the game as a precaution according to Wenger , but we all know he's crocked.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i see this as being an extremely difficult game for us... Everton is still trying to secure a UEFA spot for next season, and with Villa snipping at their heels (with better goal difference) and an easier final 2 games, Everton will be fighting hard in this match...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
This match will sort the men from the boys, especially if ManU beat WHU on Saturday meaning our virtually extinct title hopes are just that.

I want to see us go out in style and put pressure on Chelsea for second. No feeling sorry for ourselves; give the fans and the people who come to watch some small reward for their support throughout this trying year.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
AnthonyG said:
This match will sort the men from the boys, especially if ManU beat WHU on Saturday meaning our virtually extinct title hopes are just that.

I want to see us go out in style and put pressure on Chelsea for second. No feeling sorry for ourselves; give the fans and the people who come to watch some small reward for their support throughout this trying year.

seriously, i am assuming the "title hopes" was tongue in cheek, right? LOL

i agree, i would like to see us win out the season though

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Absolutely US; I'd have more chance of seeing bigfoot in my bathroom than the title somehow falling into our laps. But come Sunday, when it will most likely be CONFIRMED (come on WHU, come on, lol), then how will the players react? Maybe they've given up the ghost anyway, but reality and almost reality are two different things, at least when I played rugger it was - as a player you still have a strange sense of optimism until the final nail.

So yeah, it took a lot of bollocks on my part to say it, but it was tongue in cheek(ish ... lol).

go49oner

Established Member
If United and Chelsea lose their games and we win ours it will make a very interesting last day of a season.

Am predicting 1-1 draw

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
If we want to continue our rebuilding process for next season, this could be seen as quite an important game against a strong opponent. I thought we were rubbish at Goodison, yet we won 4-1 thanks to Eduardo's deftness (just shows what he might have done for us in the run in) and team determination. I'd like to see us go out and thump Everton just to send out a message, but I think it will be close. I can see 1-1 or 2-1 to us.

Lancelot

Established Member
More of Adebayor-Bendtner and Fabregas-Denilson please, le boss.

I have a good feeling about this game. Let's keep the momentum going and finish the season well.

Arsenal 3 - 1 Everton.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
go49oner said:
If United and Chelsea lose their games and we win ours it will make a very interesting last day of a season.
Am predicting 1-1 draw
That's what this weekend potentially fascinating and nerve wracking. Let's say ManU either draw or lose to WHU (come on WHU, come on!), then we go out and beat Everton. Well, then, we have to wait to Monday for the Chavs to have their crack at it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Fabianski
Toure Gallas Song Clichy
Eboue Fabregas Denilson Theo
Adebayor Bendtner

Subs: Lehmann, Hoyte, Traore, Gilberto, Barazite

3-1 to the Arsenal.

nazo

Established Member
Everton aren't a bad team and we need to be much more solid defensively to win this. We will score so we just need to keep a cleansheet. This is at home too, i don't want us to goof around.

Top Bottom