• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ARSENAL V Liverpool ratings

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6 Could do nothing about the goal. Average match.
Traore - 4 Still not convinced. Can't cross a ball for ****, although that's a trend in our squad.
Toure - 5 Probably the most overrated player in our squad.
Gallas - 7 Good game.
Hoyte - 4 Heh.
Flamini - 8 Our best player probably.
Gilberto - 6 I don't think he did too badly today, but his passing still has me chuckling.
Fabregas - 5 Obviously shattered. Passing has gone to pot.
Eboue 2 - Embarrassing. Better second half, although that might have something to do with him being shifted to RB and Liverpool offering nothing at all in way of an attack down that side.
Walcott - 6 A little too predictable at times but he caused Liverpool some problems and I feel he's getting better all the time and is growing as a player. Has shown some aggression in the last couple of months which is good.
Bendtner - 6.5 Should have done much better in the first half with that clear chance but he scored the goal and had a decent second half.

Adebayor - 5 Tried
Clichy - 5
Hleb - 4 First time he's miscontrolled a ball in his career.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Traore - 5
Touré - 5
Gallas - 6
Hoyte - 4
Flamini - 8
Gilberto - 6
Fabregas - 3
Eboue - 3
Walcott - 6
Bendtner - 6

Adebayor - 5
Clichy - 5
Hleb - 4

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 4 - his positioning for that goal is quite pathetic
Traore 5.5 - poor in the first half, much improved in the 2nd. this guy is getting better
Gallas 6 - defending sometimes from him is poor, and why the hell does he need so long to get his contacts? almost cost us a goal had voronin shot that in.
Toure 5 - been clown in recent games
Hoyte 2 - get back to sunderland
Walcott 7 - tried too much to do things on his own. but did well in bringing the whole team to attack
Cesc 5.5 - must be very tired
Flamini 7.5 - ran everywhere and got us moving
Gilberto 6 - best game this year
Eboue 4 - rubbish on the wings, shaky in defence. he needs to just be backup
Bendtner 7 - decent 2nd half, showed quite a few trick runs.

Subs
Ade 5 - not his best
Clichy 5 - thought he would be an improvment over traore...but...
Hleb 5 - very tired i think

arsmile

Established Member
Al-6- got done at the near post but it was quite a shot..not a whole lot else to do

Hoyte-3- not nearly looking good enough for us, offered nothing in attack and was a liability in defence

Kolo-6- ok, done in the air for their goal, but to crouch.....

Galas-7- good

Traore-7- did a decent clichy impression (especially the last 20 minutes!), same good defending, same forward running, same dodgy end ball- looks to have improved tenfold (particularly positionally) since the last time we saw him

Eboue-6- thought he was okish today, made some impact at least, good at RB, playing toure there instead of him would be stupid in the next match

Flams-7- thought he was good

Gilb-7- was nothing in the first half- thought he was good in the second

Fabregas-5.5- looked really tired, passing was sloppy

Walcott-7- was good, we need to value every offensive player we’ve got who’s not afraid to take the shot on, was a threat- we hardly ever utilise his pace though

Bendtner-7- good goal, bad miss in the first half, did a decent job on the left

Ade-7- came on with great urgency(not a whole lot else, but hey ho)...extra point for the showboat cross

Clichy-7- did what he does, his crossing is a little better than troare’s...but it’s just a matter of wether the first defender gets his head, or his foot to it

Hleb-3- nothing he tried came off, diabolical first touch that anyone else on the pitch would have at least got a shot away

...what are the odds on a 1-1 at anfield??

i'm looking back on them and thinking i've been a bit generous all round

belgianfan

Flamini was poor today for his standards. People need to think of him different.
It's not because he is classed as a dm and he runs alot that he does his job.
Gilberto ran maybe half of the km of flamini, but if you really look at the game, he was great defensively, stole lots of balls and got into great positions to anticipate.

Flamini didn't get in those positions. What did he really offer us? Defensively bert was more solid and attacking wise he did nothing. He worked his but off and deserves credit for this but I am getting the feeling people are looking trough a 'flamini runs alot as a dm' glasses. I could be very wrong, and will accept it ifso but this is my feeling. I dare you to look at the game again and try to explain to me what he's done to be our best player.

When they attack, he's defending and when we attack he's there too, tremendous work rate but what has he done while being in that position. Bert stole more balls from them and attackingwise bert played some good balls to eboue.

I am big enough to accept when I am wrong but I fail to see the superb performance at times. Against milan it was obvious he dominated kaka but cesc did that too.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
About time for knee jerk rating.

Almunia - 7
Hoyte - 5 - unconvincing
Kolo - 6 - should've done better when defeding that longball leading to Courch's goal. Too many long balls & aimless clearance from Kolo as well
Gallas - 6
Traore - 6 - very poor first half. No concept with keeping away from the immediate pressure when making first touch. His possession was lobbed by Pennant too many times. Defensively, his back paddling juse gave time and space to the liverpool players in possession to push forward and find runners. HAving said that, Armand got far better in the second half and was brave to close down the ball effectively. I still think he is a winger.
Eboue - 4 - very poor as RM, did well after shifting to RB
Cesc - 5 - had an off day
Gilberto - 6 - better than today's Cesc, that's all i can say
Flamini - 7 - F*cking everywhere, I hope he can save some energy to read the contract offer and sign it - immediately!
Walcott - 6 - direct but sometimes too naive.
Bendtner - 6 - very poor first half. He held the ball but eagerly seeked deep passes to RM/CM. Scored a vital goal though.

Subs:
Ade - 6 - not bad, but he could be braver to take chances
Clichy - 5 - can't say he did well as the team dominated after he came up
Hleb - 5 - ineffective

Wenger - 5 - same old problem with defense. same old problem with eboue's lack of creativity. Bold starting lineup but the system was changed way too much.

sabret00the

Established Member
Almunia - 4 - Once you pop, he just can't stop [it!]
Traore - 5 - This kids just not improving. I know he's not getting the opportunities that Clich got but still.
Touré - 5 - Post ANC Toure or bust? Bust!
Gallas - 7 - The only defensive positive.
Hoyte - 5 - He's better than that and the attitude he showed walking off just weren't right. Make the most of your minutes.
Flamini - 5 - He ran a lot and then...
Gilberto - 7 - Got back to basics and done what he does best but it's not enough for our modern game.
Fabregas - 3 - Worst game in an Arsenal shirt.
Eboue - 1 - An Arsenal player? He could do more for us donning an opposition shirt.
Walcott - 6 - Our brightest spark in attack.
Bendtner - 6 - Had moments akin to atrocities but once he got going he seemed as though he could make a difference and then was shipped to the left wing.

Adebayor - 5 - Came on and ran...
Clichy - 5 - Hit and hoped.
Hleb - 6 - Got the ball from midfield to attack with more fluency but ****ed up when we needed him the most.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Almunia 5.5
Hoyte 4
Toure 5.5
Gallas 7
Traore 4.5
Eboue 2
Flamini 6.5
Fabregas 5.5
Gilberto 6
Walcott 6
Bendtner 6

Adebayor 5.5
Hleb 5.5
Clichy 5

Anzac

Established Member
belgianfan said:
Flamini was poor today for his standards. People need to think of him different.
It's not because he is classed as a dm and he runs alot that he does his job.
Gilberto ran maybe half of the km of flamini, but if you really look at the game, he was great defensively, stole lots of balls and got into great positions to anticipate.

Flamini didn't get in those positions. What did he really offer us? Defensively bert was more solid and attacking wise he did nothing. He worked his but off and deserves credit for this but I am getting the feeling people are looking trough a 'flamini runs alot as a dm' glasses. I could be very wrong, and will accept it ifso but this is my feeling. I dare you to look at the game again and try to explain to me what he's done to be our best player.

When they attack, he's defending and when we attack he's there too, tremendous work rate but what has he done while being in that position. Bert stole more balls from them and attackingwise bert played some good balls to eboue.

I am big enough to accept when I am wrong but I fail to see the superb performance at times. Against milan it was obvious he dominated kaka but cesc did that too.

said much the same in the Flamini thread - IMO he's more of a box to box mid than a real DM, and as such I blame his involvement in our attack as weakening our cover in front of our CBs. Today was different because Bert was playing, but if Flamini gets into the area normally then who's covering the CBs when our FBs are in the attack as well????

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
belgianfan said:
Flamini was one of the reasons the team got back attacking rythm since the late first half. When he was about received the ball, Liverpool midfielders closing onto him. His first touch and accelation literally broke opposition's midfield pressure and give the team vital 2-3 seconds to push forward. Without him, one doesn't even dream about the team could get back the attacking rythm as Cesc was having an offday.

I was watching streaming so I couldn't say I had a clear view. But from what I saw, Flamini and Gallas were the only two players trying to cheer teammates up.

Anzac

Established Member
American_Gooner said:
Almunia 5.5
Hoyte 4
Touré 5.5
Gallas 7
Traore 4.5
Eboue 2
Flamini 6.5
Fabregas 5.5
Gilberto 6
Walcott 6
Bendtner 6

Adebayor 5.5
Hleb 5.5
Clichy 5

probably the closest to how I saw it - although I don't know if anyone deserved a 7.............and I don't know if Ade deserved above a 5 - he looked impressive out wide but IMO contributed little in & around the area.............

asajoseph

Established Member
Seriously, what's the point?

Does this thread just exist as another excuse for people to make themselves feel a little better by giving Eboue a three?

Meh, they can all have 6 from me - some of them probably don't deserve it, but I can't be bothered.

belgianfan

Anzac and Tactica442 I get what you are saying but sometimes I really miss the point in having him. If he's a box to box then why do we play fab. Fab is the guy who needs a dm behind him so he gets the room to create. If bertie played on a good level this season and was as good as last year, he would be a better pairing for our team and fabregas. Now fab needs to work his arse off because there is a headless chicken whose running like a madman to the attack.

arsmile

Established Member
cesc and flams are both quite boxtoboxish...cesc is quite defensive for a ACM, flamini is quite offensive for a DM....they are both good allround players and that is why they work so well together, flamini's job today was not as a dm at all cossa gilberto's presence- (who did well today, but if we plays there is too much pressure on cesc alone to run the show)

cesc puts in tackles quite a lot and flamini makes forward runs quite a lot- they share the responsibility and rarely do we find both in the same place that leaves us vulnerable...

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Seriously, what's the point?

Does this thread just exist as another excuse for people to make themselves feel a little better by giving Eboue a three?

Meh, they can all have 6 from me - some of them probably don't deserve it, but I can't be bothered.

Eboue - 3

**** that feels good...

;)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6
Hoyte 5
Toure 5
Gallas 6
Traore 5
Gilberto 5.5
Flamini 6
Fabregas 5.5
Eboue 3
Walvcott 6
Bendtner 6

Adebayor 6
Clichy 6
Hleb 5

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia 6
Hoyte 4
Touré 4
Gallas 6
Traore 5.5 - Good performance considering that his last match was the United rape

Gilberto 5.5
Flamini 6
Fabregas 5.5
Eboue 3
Walcott 6

Bendtner 6.5

Subs
Adebayor 6.5
Clichy 6
Hleb 5 - Dammit, if only he got his shot on target!

Latest posts

Top Bottom