• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Man U CL 2nd Leg May 05, 2009, 19:45

TomasCR

Established Member
Change the pathetic discusion that were lead on the previous page. Didn´t notice the last two posts though, seems like it´s done now.

Anyway, thanks to the lads for yesterday´s game. It must be hard to keep playing when you know the game is over in 12th min. Can´t get Wenger´s picture out of my head, I´ve never seen him like that, absolutely gutted.

Credit to United, very strong they´re.

progman07

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Change the pathetic discusion that were lead on the previous page. Didn´t notice the last two posts though, seems like it´s done now.

Anyway, thanks to the lads for yesterday´s game. It must be hard to keep playing when you know the game is over in 12th min. Can´t get Wenger´s picture out of my head, I´ve never seen him like that, absolutely gutted.

Credit to United, very strong they´re.
To be honest he has looked like that very often this season.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Not as bad as yesterday - he actually looked in physical pain. Before he's looked frustrated and angry but yesterday was a new set of emotions - shame beign one of them I think

kramazov

So what's next? to where from here?

are we going to learn from the mistakes of the past 5 years or are we going to keep pushing the rock up the mountain again only to watch it fall like sisyphys?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
irishgunnerz said:
Not as bad as yesterday - he actually looked in physical pain. Before he's looked frustrated and angry but yesterday was a new set of emotions - shame beign one of them I think
Yeah. He was gutted, absolutely gutted yesterday. Half of the time he was looking like he couldn't bear to watch and kept clutching his face. He must have been utterly disappointed with our players

TomasCR

Established Member
The most sad thing about it was that he looked absolutely empty-handed, powerless, clueless about what to do. I believe there is no worse feeling for a manager than being in a situation where is absolutely no way out.

Having on the bench players who can make the difference when it doesn´t look good is the first thing to begin with, a very long summer ahead.

JazzG

Established Member
Even though Beckham was beaming from ear to ear Flamini did look very concerned up in the stands, whether he was concerned about the team or the bomb scare I don't though.

Feanor

Established Member
JazzG said:
Even though Beckham was beaming from ear to ear Flamini did look very concerned up in the stands, whether he was concerned about the team or the bomb scare I don't though.

Noticed that too, he did look pretty upset, I think it was about the game because it was before the bomb scare.

AFCFan4Ever

Well I finally watched the game today after recording it and now I know why I skipped it yesterday live....one of the most pathetic, gutless, heartless, anemic, and vile performances I've ever seen.

That goes from both Wenger and the players.

Adebayor and van Persie were anonymous...shocking I know...Man Utd. ripped our back 4 to shreds at will and no one looked like they cared at all.

On top of that, Wenger got it all wrong in a big game yet again and was thoroughly outclassed over two legs by Sir Alex.

Last night is exactly why the FA Cup semi against Chelsea still bothers me...that was clearly our best chance at a trophy and Wenger brushed it aside and then get slapped around in the Champions League, which was HIS priority...no matter what he says.

Wenger has a lot of questions to answer now, this summer is make or break for him...no more excuses.

It's pretty sad when a player who has been at our club for not even 5 months is already the most important player in the side...goes to show that the lack of quality at Arsenal is staggering.

hackajack

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Well I finally watched the game today after recording it and now I know why I skipped it yesterday live....one of the most pathetic, gutless, heartless, anemic, and vile performances I've ever seen.
There's no point in watching it now with your forensic hat on. It happened yesterday - it's over.

AFCFan4Ever

hackajack said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
There's no point in watching it now with your forensic hat on. It happened yesterday - it's over.

Well that's your opinion...I couldn't see the game anyways even if I wanted to...had to watch it today.

It hurts like hell no matter when it happened or when I watched it.

FrankArsenal

I'm happy Barca looked very bad yesterday against Chelski. (Don't get me wrong I like Barca better but..) Lot's of people on here are moaning about how bad our players are and that Wenger is past it. Well barca couldn't creat sh*t against chelski all game long.. we did better in the FA Cup semi. So barca are totally cr*p? And eto'o and messi are a bunch of donkeys? I guess not.. so some should calm it.

I'd even dare say it that we would be top in La Liga

asajoseph

Established Member
Barca had two problems yesterday:

1 - They couldn't find space in between the Chelsea defenders. That's because Chelsea are probably one of the best (if not the best) defensive teams in the world, and are superb at closing down space.

2 - Their defence definitely is dodgy.

However, though Barca were caught on the break quite a few times, they undeniably had by far the more posession in attacking areas, despite the fact that they created little. I know that's something we've been guilty of in the past, and I'm certainly not holding that up as something I'd like to see us emulate, BUT it's also a hell of a lot more than we achieved against Chelsea (or Utd) too.

FrankArsenal

I have to admit that Barca had a lot more of the ball than we did but they were poor. The kept on playing it sideways and backwards.. I think Denilson would fit in well.

AW is blamed for thinkering to much but what if Chelski just got one pen? They would be through and would everybody jump on guardiola? He messed up badly: Iniesta upfront and Yaya in defence so none of his lines were like they just to be. He could have played Hleb, Bojan etc upfront.. but Barca get lucky..

Top Bottom