• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Everton Match Ratings

outlaw_member

Established Member
Szczesny 6/10

Djourou 5/10
Mertesacker 6/10
Koscielny 8/10
Vermaelen 5/10

Song 6/10
Ramsey 6.5/10
Arteta 7.5/10

Walcott 5/10
van Persie 6.5/10
Gervinho 5.5/10

Invincible

Established Member
Szczesny 6

Djourou 6
Mertesacker 7
Koscielny 8
Vermaelen 8

Song 9
Ramsey 5
Arteta 7

Walcott 5
van Persie 7
Gervinho 6

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Szczesny 7

Djourou 7
Mertesacker 7
Koscielny 8
Vermaelen 8

Song 9
Ramsey 7
Arteta 7

Walcott 6
van Persie 8
Gervinho 5

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Scezch 7
Djourou 5
Mertesacker 6
Koscielny 9
Vermaelen 8
Ramsey 5
Arteta 6
Song 9
Walcott 6
RVP 7 (His goal was truly amazing)
Gervinho 5

error_prone

Scez 7
Back four had very little to do, d.j. and mert 6, kos and vermalen 7
Arteta 6, looked slow and he didnt wanted the ball, solid in defence
Song 7.5, MOTM, assist and good allround performance
Ramsey 5.5 He needs to take some responsability in front of goal and take a burden off van Persie
Gervinho 5.5, classic gervinho, goes one on one and instead of deciding the game he misses a sitter
Walcott 6, few good runs in first half but completely droped in second
RVP 7 few nice tricks, scored a great goal

Again, we are nothing without RVP, that man needs help up front. I see many articles about gervinho, walcott and ramsey, how they are doing so great this season, but they dont, they are too wasteful and RVP is carrying them.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Szczesny 7

Djourou 6
Mertesacker 6.5
Koscielny 8
Vermaelen 7

Song 8
Ramsey 6
Arteta 8

Walcott 7
van Persie 6.5 (was really poor until THE goal)
Gervinho 6

Jbruin

Established Member
Szczesny: 7. Nothing much to do but whatever he did do he did nice and simple, no fuss. Distribution was quick and got attacks going all game as well, something we miss badly when he's out. Also it's so nice to have a GK there and NOT have to worry about him spilling every cross he comes to claim.

Djourou: 7. Again, good game, didn't get tested much but did his role above average, gets up and down the wing a lot and with relative ease considering he's primarily a CB, shown good stamina since coming in.

Mertesacker: 7. Did well today, looks like he's starting to settle nicely, although as I'll say for the whole defence, wasn't tested much.

Koscielny: 8.5. Was great today, can't remember him losing out on a single aerial duel and this is against Tim Cahill who really is top class in the air, hell, he was even out jumping FELLAINI! Just an imperious CB, love watching him play.

Vermaelen: 8. Top LB performance, THAT clearance to stop Cahill from scoring from a cross from Baines left me thinking if Gibbs or Santos would have read that, interested to see if anyone thinks they would have. Also completely silenced Coleman who, from the times I've seen him, has given every LB he's come up against a torrid time and is atricky, trciky opponent to deal with.

Song: 9. MotM. Top performance, just a top performance, don't know what else I can say. Composed under pressure, hardly gave the ball away, can't remember him committing a foul yet won the ball a lot, world class assist, just a brilliant CM performance today, top stuff.

Arteta: 8.5. This guy is just Mr Consistent, always produces the goods, great composed, assured play in midfield and just holds it all together, picking the ball up from the CB's and starting off the majority of our attacks. Lovely pass for Theo start off a quick counter for us which SHOULD have ended in a goal.

Ramsey: 6. Just about average for the role he's been given, think he'd benefit hugely from being dropped into a more B2B midfield role, this AM business just doesn't suit him at all, not enough time for him to think make his decisions or even to have the odd bad touch, being played where he is just magnifies you poor decisions due to what we've come to expect from that role for so long. 1 thing to give him credit for is he ALWAYS gives 100% on the pitch, you can always guarantee a shift from him.

Walcott: 7.5. Good display from him, thought he could have made a few better decisions in key areas, when through 1 on 1 with Howard and he tried to cut it across for Ramsey/Gervinho for example, could have had an easy finish to the far corner with his left foot or just outside of his right, skinned Baines a fair few times today though and did well overall.

Gervinho: 7. Same as Walcott really, think he should have finished his 1 on 1 with Howard but to be fair to him it was a good save. Don't feel he contributed quite as much as Theo today thus the half a point less, was good though, no glaring shocking mistakes and did his job above average.

Van Persie: 8. Get's an extra point purely for the goal, the glorious, spectacular goal.

Freagle

Jbruin said:
Szczesny: 7. Nothing much to do but whatever he did do he did nice and simple, no fuss. Distribution was quick and got attacks going all game as well, something we miss badly when he's out. Also it's so nice to have a GK there and NOT have to worry about him spilling every cross he comes to claim.

Djourou: 7. Again, good game, didn't get tested much but did his role above average, gets up and down the wing a lot and with relative ease considering he's primarily a CB, shown good stamina since coming in.

Mertesacker: 7. Did well today, looks like he's starting to settle nicely, although as I'll say for the whole defence, wasn't tested much.

Koscielny: 8.5. Was great today, can't remember him losing out on a single aerial duel and this is against Tim Cahill who really is top class in the air, hell, he was even out jumping FELLAINI! Just an imperious CB, love watching him play.

Vermaelen: 8. Top LB performance, THAT clearance to stop Cahill from scoring from a cross from Baines left me thinking if Gibbs or Santos would have read that, interested to see if anyone thinks they would have. Also completely silenced Coleman who, from the times I've seen him, has given every LB he's come up against a torrid time and is atricky, trciky opponent to deal with.

Song: 9. MotM. Top performance, just a top performance, don't know what else I can say. Composed under pressure, hardly gave the ball away, can't remember him committing a foul yet won the ball a lot, world class assist, just a brilliant CM performance today, top stuff.

Arteta: 8.5. This guy is just Mr Consistent, always produces the goods, great composed, assured play in midfield and just holds it all together, picking the ball up from the CB's and starting off the majority of our attacks. Lovely pass for Theo start off a quick counter for us which SHOULD have ended in a goal.

Ramsey: 6. Just about average for the role he's been given, think he'd benefit hugely from being dropped into a more B2B midfield role, this AM business just doesn't suit him at all, not enough time for him to think make his decisions or even to have the odd bad touch, being played where he is just magnifies you poor decisions due to what we've come to expect from that role for so long. 1 thing to give him credit for is he ALWAYS gives 100% on the pitch, you can always guarantee a shift from him.

Walcott: 7.5. Good display from him, thought he could have made a few better decisions in key areas, when through 1 on 1 with Howard and he tried to cut it across for Ramsey/Gervinho for example, could have had an easy finish to the far corner with his left foot or just outside of his right, skinned Baines a fair few times today though and did well overall.

Gervinho: 7. Same as Walcott really, think he should have finished his 1 on 1 with Howard but to be fair to him it was a good save. Don't feel he contributed quite as much as Theo today thus the half a point less, was good though, no glaring shocking mistakes and did his job above average.

Van Persie: 8. Get's an extra point purely for the goal, the glorious, spectacular goal.

Agree with these ratings bar Mertsacker. Maybe I am a bit too harsh on the lad but I remember I was fuming when he didn't head the ball for a throw in in the final minutes, instead he flicked it towards an Everton player. He seems to me a fragile case to be honest.

The rest of the rating are spot on. Have to say we have got a new unsung hero this season and its Arteta. He has been an absolute peach to be honest. The way he dictates the tempo, track back and even win crucial fouls when needed just oozes class. I bet you Song is one happy lad having Arteta track back as well. It looks like Song was on a leash for the past few seasons and he only needed someone of Artetas experience to unleash him. However, here is hoping that doesn't go into Songs head and starts playing as an attacking midfielder..

yuvken

Established Member
Not surprising to see such differences, as this was a strange game, people playing positions unfamiliar (to us, at least), some play great for one half and poor the other (I think Ramsey, but even popular choice Song didn't start the game so well) and ultimately the outcome decided by the most beautiful goal, from the worst, and thus least likely, source on the pitch - who happens to be (normally) the best and most likely. So how much was the goal worth? giving VP 7 (or more) means the goal = everything. OK, I guess.

Basically agree with mista T- not much more to add in the bottom line.

outlaw - I like your bold suggestions, but Verm 5 is too much for me (I mean too little).

Another thing I noticed going through ratings - Theo seems to be clearly under team average. I don't agree with that at all. He should have been direct when he passed to Gerv (short corner open enough), but other than that he was good, and suffered from a flat day by the others in attack.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Theo's biggest problem was that as much as he was getting past his man, his crosses got progressively poorer as the game went on..

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Freagle said:
Agree with these ratings bar Mertsacker. Maybe I am a bit too harsh on the lad but I remember I was fuming when he didn't head the ball for a throw in in the final minutes, instead he flicked it towards an Everton player. He seems to me a fragile case to be honest.

If I'm not mistaken he was covering Djorou at that timee.

The rest of the rating are spot on. Have to say we have got a new unsung hero this season and its Arteta. He has been an absolute peach to be honest. The way he dictates the tempo, track back and even win crucial fouls when needed just oozes class. I bet you Song is one happy lad having Arteta track back as well. It looks like Song was on a leash for the past few seasons and he only needed someone of Artetas experience to unleash him. However, here is hoping that doesn't go into Songs head and starts playing as an attacking midfielder..

In the first half he did play as AM, with Ramsey as B2B

fabo

6.51 / 10
Szczesny.........6.5

Djourou.........5.5
Mertesacker........6
Koscielny............7.5
Vermaelen..........7

Song............6.5
Arteta.....7.5
Ramsey..........6

Gervinho.........5