• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Ipswich | FA Youth Cup | 19.00 | Tonight

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Thanks to a certain web channel cancelling all their live broadcasts you won't be able to view this one. But hey, no worries, we get live text instead! No idea if there are any streams out there though, but don't count on it. It's still a round or two too early for that I think.

I think the starting eleven will look like this:

Code:
                Dunn
Hajrovic  Boateng  Miquel  Evina
              Frimpong
       Henderson     Aneke
    Deacon     Afobe    Freeman

Highlights will be available on ATVO afterwards too. It's always something, I guess.

M+D

Established Member
Very tricky draw, could go either way if they knock us off our stride like they did in the league fixture.

Not very often in Academy games that it is the opposition who has the most talented player on the pitch but it's very close in this one - Conor Wickham is a hugely talented player, as well as being physically more developed than the majority of our players. Already made plenty of appearances at first team level too. He ripped us apart in the league game that we lost 3-2. But in that game Hajrovic and Miquel were always going to struggle physically against a striker like Wickham.

Certainly our Academy is the better one though and the likes of Aneke, Afobe and Frimpong have just as much potential as Wickham even if in development terms they are a year or so away from that level.

Chris Kiwomya is (I think) still in charge of the Ipswich team funnily enough, having left a position working for our academy for the job a few years ago.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Good news! According to the live text on ATVO Ipswich are lining up without Conor Wickham tonight. He's not on the bench for them either.

M+D

Established Member
------------------- Dunn --------------------

Hajrovic --- Boateng --- Miquel --- Evina (c)

---- Ozyakup --- Frimpong ----- Aneke -----

Deacon ----------- Afobe ----------- Freeman

Subs: Yennaris, McDermott, Byles, Obed, Meade

M+D

Established Member
They now seem to believe Wickham is playing. I'd be surprised if he wasn't.

M+D

Established Member
Been all Arsenal since those two goals apparently, a goal before half time and I could see us coming back to win.

bigtimetopbanana

Rohit said:
Ughh.... isn't the Arsenal team younger than the other teams in this competition?

Wickham is only 16 though.... sign him up !!!!!

Their goalie, Mirko Ranieri is a Sp**s player on loan. I find that odd. A youth player being sent to another team to play in their Youth team! I've never seen us do that.

M+D

Established Member
^^^ We have a goalkeeper who was initially on loan is playing right now, and was the main reason we're still in the competition.Last season we had Harry Lee in goal, on loan from Charlton.

bigtimetopbanana

Merida+Denilson said:
^^^ We have a goalkeeper who was initially on loan is playing right now, and was the main reason we're still in the competition.Last season we had Harry Lee in goal, on loan from Charlton.

I stand humbly corrected.

M+D

Established Member
Game over, Ipswich go through and the holders are out.

As I said before the game, not so much a shock result as a bit of a disappointing one.

dbig

Disappointing. Some of this year's batch may well make it further than last year's, but they aren't really playing well as a team.

dbig

Yeah, definitely.

Let's get him!
Angry+Mob+Simpsons.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom