• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs West Ham - Player Ratings

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 7 - Solid

Hoyte - 7 - Soild
Toure - 7 - Solid but could have done better when defending the corners, especially at the near post
Gallas - 7 - Look above
Clichy - 7.5. - Solid and an excellent long ball for Adebayor -

Eboue - 7 - Very good game..didnt even do too much play acting either...must be his New Years resolution or something
Fabregas - 7.5 - Good in the first half and even better in the second..his best game since he returned from injury by far
Flamini - 7 - Soild and made some positve attacking runs as well..typical terrier type performance
Rosicky - 7.5 - Great performance..one of his best..hardly lost the ball and it was his through ball that created the chance for Eduardos goal. Showed energy, pace and ability..would have got an 8 if he scored..

Ade - 7.5 - Involved in the overall play, his touch was good and scored an outstanding goal which I know most of you will call a 'fluke' :roll:
Eduardo - 7 - Didnt do much at all in the general play, infact he was invisible but it was his excellent goal that set the tone for the afternoon..

Subs
Walcott - 6.5
Diaby - N/A
Hleb - 6.5 (he took a few shots from outside the box :shock:)

Special Mention to Lehmann who was laughing on the bench..nice to see..especially if this is the last we will see of him :)

Ref - 9 - Really good game from the ref as well..kept it flowing and tried to avoid booking too many players..not often I say this but well done ref

Happy New Year everyone.. :D

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 7
Hoyte 5
Toure 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 7
Cesc 7
Flamini 7
Rosicky 7
Ade 8
Eduardo 7

Theo 5
Hleb 7
Diaby N/A

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Almunia 6
Hoyte 5
Touré 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 7
Eboue 6
Cesc 6.5
Flamini 6.5
Rosicky 6.5
Ade 6.5
Eduardo 6

Walcott 4
Hleb 6.5

Jaded

Almunia - 7, Should have come out to collect crosses often, but overall did well, with few saves, one on the near post from Freddie's shot and another a last ditch palm from Carlton Cole.

Hoyte - 6, Some say he was rusty, i say he always play like that.

Kolo - 6.5, mixed 1st half. An important block but also fail to mark Pantsil overhead kick, and Anton's shot causing scramble in front of the goal line.

Gallas - 7, Solid.

Clichy - 8.5 Faultless performance. Absolutely dominated the left flank, even the big Carlton Cole was having a torrid time on the left side. Close crosses very fast.

Eboue - 7, one of his better game. Some nice penetration and dribbling but wish he was more decisive in the final third.

Cesc - 7. in influential first half, although got an assist. Much better second half (although i blame West Ham for giving him too much space)

Rosicky - 7.5, Linking up really well especially bringing up the ball from the halfway line. Impress by his workrate especially after moving to the middle.

Flamini - 8, Dominated the midfield area. Was winning the ball and his passing was spot on today. He was impeccable doing the dirty job for Arsenal.

Ade - 7.5, Good goal, solid linking up but wasn't impress with his fancy passing, and after his goal, he looks selfish particularly during one counter attack, he should have pass to the open Eduardo instead overdribbled and lost the ball.

Eduardo - 7. Clinical finishing. He makes the goal look easy.

Theo - 6
Hleb 6.5 - Nice pass to Rosicky.
Diaby - 0

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 7 - some crucial saves in the first half
Hoyte - 6
Toure - 6
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8
Eboue - 6
Cesc - 7
Flamini - 7
Rosicky - 7
Eduardo - 7
Ade - 7 - (it's very attemping to award Ade one extra point for not being off-side and socre)

Sub:
Hleb - 7
Walcott - 5

Wenger - 7 - for asking players to hoof timely long balls :D

lagos

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Almunia 7
Hoyte 5
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 7
Cesc 7
Flamini 7
Rosicky 7
Ade 8
Eduardo 7

Theo 5
Hleb 7
Diaby N/A

I'll go with that

Wenger 10 :D I'm liking this pragmatic aproach.... long pass rules :lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 7
Hoyte 6
Touré 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 8 .5
Eboue 7.5
Cesc 7
Flamini 7.5
Rosicky 7
Ade 8
Eduardo 7.5

Theo 6
Hleb 6.5
Diaby N/A

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 7
Hoyte 5
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 8
Eboue 7
Cesc 6.5
Flamini 7
Rosicky 7
Ade 7
Eduardo 7

Theo 5
Hleb 6

dutchMasta

Almunia 7 (Good in goal, giving me more and more confidence each game)
Hoyte 5 (Nervy game, understandably, but ok mostly)
Touré 7 (Solid, but shaky aerially)
Gallas 7 (Solid, also aerially not completely reliable)
Clichy 8 (Awesome on the left, racking up some assists too!)
Eboue 7 (Improving his ability on the wings, a threat to the Hammers defense)
Cesc 7.5 (Much improved performance, solid on the ball and meaningful passes, plus yet another assist)
Flamini 7 (The usual Flamini performance)
Rosicky 8 (Great game by him, hardly lost the ball and very attacking, most in-form midfielder for us, though could've racked up another goal near the end)
Ade 7 (Great goal, and a big threat, but wasted one massive chance by being too greedy)
Eduardo 7 (As before, not completely integrated, not completely involved, but great goal and great link-up when he had possession, plus some good hassling, TOP TOP finisher)

Theo 5 (One good turn, but should've passed to Cesc, otherwise poor, but just came back, good run-out for him)
Hleb 7 (Positive impact, hopefully him and Cesc and back)
Diaby N/A

Good game from the ref too

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hoyte wernt that bad, and arsenalfc0719 your just harsh :p

arsmile

Established Member
Al-7.5-saved it all, swept it all up, caught it all
Hoyte-6.5- was given a real hard time by freddy, which is worrying- better once he went off
Toure-7-yep
Galas-7-yup
Clichy-8-his final ball has shown some real improvements of late, also many of our recent ‘long ball goals’ have come from his long balls…coincidence?-probably, otherwise got what we’ve grown to expect from him
Eboue-7.5-did ok…looks dangerous, but on some occasions completely ineffective
Cesc-7.5- did all that passing stuff
Flams-7.5-did all that tackling stuff
Rosicky-8-got in some great areas, did some good stuff with the ball
Ade-8-this was good ade, touch was good, finishing was, on at least one occasion, defying the laws of physics
Eddy-8-scored a great goal…that’s his job, he did it
Theo-7-was a threat when he came on
Hleb-7-was a threat when he came on
Abou-6- couple of minutes of averageness

True Gooner

Established Member
I found it very disturbing that Diaby gave away the ball with EVERY (literally, Ive watched the game a few times now and Diaby was terrible)pass...:?

Nyingmeh

Almunia - 7 ( was god on the day with a few mistakes

Gallas - 7
Toure - 6.5
Hoyte - 5.5 ( not
Clichy - 7.5 ( 3 assist in 2 games )
Flamini - 6 ( was on par )
Cesc - 7 ( best performance since injury )
Rosicky - 7 ( was excellent )
Eboue - 7 ( was could, almost hoped he'd not get injured by a fly )
Eduardo - 7.5 ( His finishing is sublime )
Adebayor - 8.5 ( that finish , you see that once in a life time )

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Jasard said:
Hoyte wernt that bad, and arsenalfc0719 your just harsh :p
He wasn't bad, he just had an average performance, not good but not bad either, thus why I gave him a five. Although, yes, compared to the most of you, I do look quite harsh with my ratings.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yeah I guess theres an inconsistency in what number means what in the ratings

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 6
Toure 7
Gallas 6
Clichy 9
Hoyte 6
Flamini 6
Fabregas 7
Rosicky 7
Eboue 6
Eduardo 7
Adebayor 8

Hleb 6
Walcott 6
Diaby 5

giuliob

5=average

Almunia 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7.5
Clichy 8.5
Hoyte 5.5
Flamini 7
Fabregas 7
Rosicky 7
Eboue 7
Eduardo 7
Adebayor 8

Hleb 6
Walcott 6
Diaby 5

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 7
Hoyte 6
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 9
Eboue 7
Cesc 7
Flamini 7
Rosicky 7
Ade 7
Eduardo 7

Theo 6
Hleb 6
Diaby N/A

Btw, Wenger went with 4-5-1 in the second half just in case noone noticed. He put Edu on the left wing (disappointing i know) then noticed he wasn't do as good and threw on Theo who did even worse.

Top Bottom