• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Wigan - Player Ratings

ricky1985

Established Member
Mannone - 6. Had very little to do, but looked shakey on set-pieces, and whenever the ball came near him. Although he did make one really good save.

Sagna - 6. Quiet game, but made a couple of good tackles and interceptions. Got forward a bit more in the second half without any joy.

Gallas - 7. Lost a few headers in the first half, but also made some very intelligent tackles. Very impressive goign forward.

Vermaelen - 9. Defended almost flawlessly, I celebrated his second goal like a madman! Best defender in the League?

Clichy - 8. Flawless, for the first time in about 2 years! Looked super-concrentrated, and was intelligent going forward!!!

Song - 5. Thoguht he was diabolical, made lots of poor decisions, got beat one-on-one far too many times, and didn't really contribute much going forard. His form has severely tailed off, inexplicable really, because he was playing to a very high level at the start of the seaon. Perhaps the lack of competition has made him too comfortable?

Fabregas - 6. One or two great moments apart, I thought he was poor in every aspect of his game, and along with his midfield mates was the main reason we looked brittle in the first half. Hope he isn't injured too badly.

Diaby - 6. Brainless defensively in the first half, not lazy, just stupid. Some good moments going forward, but overall pretty ineffective.

Eboue - 7. Some good running, but his decision-making is ridiculous.

Eduardo - 7. Came to life in the second half once we got a foothold in the game. Such an intelligent footballer, and nearly scored a fantastic goal.

Van Persie - 4. I thought he was decent in the first half, except his woeful finishing, but in the second half his head dropped and the little bit of confidence he had left went completely. He looked like he didn't want to be out there, he was playing that badly. Bendtner is now pushing him hard for his spot.

Subs

Ramsey - 5. Gave the balla way quite a lot, and wasted some decent chances to create.

Rosicky - 7. Such a fantastic player. So quick and agile, and his touch is out of this world.

Bendtner - 7. Did really well in his limited time, got free on the right so many times I lost count.

Gurgen

Established Member
Can't be bothered to do ratings but Song and Cesc shouldn't get anything above a 3.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
On the contrary I think Song was very good.

Ratings:

Mannone: 6 - People hating on him for no reason, as usual. Did well twice to deny Wigan on that corner and generally had a good game, apart from a couple of mistakes. Looked like nerves mostly. It must have felt great for him to keep a clean sheet. We might need him more than we like this season so people would do well to get behind him.

Sagna: 8 - Brilliant defending as usual. Very good crossing today too; with a bit of luck (read: another striker centrally) we could have scored twice.

Gallas: 6 - Not his best game this season, but still a good performance. Could have conceded a goal but Sagna saved his ass. Commanding in the box as usual. It looked like he got a bad knock on his knee in the first half.

Vermaelen: 9.5 - Monster in the defence, maestro in the attack. Superior in every aspect of his game. I'm calling it: he'll end up as the best defender in the league this seaosn.

Clichy: 7 - Very good game, I thought. Cut back more often and generally played along the grass much more than he did against Standard Liege. Defensively solid.

Song: 7 - Monster. Very clever yellow card in the first half when Wigan might have scored otherwise. Maturing both physically and tactically.

Fabregas: 6 - Good game from Cesc without dominating. Recieved a lot of kicks early, some of which should have been punished with more cards. The knee that hit him in the head was a red card offense. I hope he isn't too badly injured.

Diaby: 6 - Ball carrier today. Got too much stick in the match thread as usual.

Eduardo: 6 - Clever, clever player. Best first touch in the squad. Drifted too much from time to time but the volley that hit the post was just class. The goal belongs to him and not Eboue as far as I am concerned.

van Persie: 5 - Mostly for effort and spirit. A 2 is flattering for his performance today. He doesn't score and he holds back a lot of the attacking game. He played a good ball to Bendtner who then set up Cesc's goal but he almost lost it again before that. He trips on the ball, can't shoot and goes down as soon as he feels he's got a defender in his back. I don't like how he gets scapegoated for everything that's wrong with our attack but all the same the situation is getting unbearable right now.

Eboue: 7 - Best attacking player for the day. Great movement off the ball. His finish and some of his passes in decisive moments let him down again, but his inclusion in the attack brought the much needed pace and movement that we lack with both Robin and Bendtner.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Mannone 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 8

Song 6
Fabregas 7
Diaby 6

Eboue 7
Van Persie 7 - Thought he still played well, the goals will come in time.
Eduardo 7

stiiphunn

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Can't be bothered to do ratings but Song and Cesc shouldn't get anything above a 3.
Agreed. He was really poor today. Song was slightly better but still poor, as was Diaby.

nazo

Established Member
Mannone 7 did what was asked of him and got a cleansheet

Sagna 7 he was good defensively but offensively he wasn't as good
Gallas 7 solid but lost a few challenges
Vermaelen 9 excellent goals and solid overall
Clichy 8 very good overall

Song 5 sloppy
Fabregas 5 sloppy
Diaby 6 average, nothing special

Eboue 7 good overall
Van Persie 7 he missed chances yes, but he was involved in 3/4 of the goals
Eduardo 7 ok first half but much better second

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Manone- 6 (Didn't have much to do but did well when called upon)

Sagna- 6
Vermaelen- 9 (Really has estlabished himself as a quality premiership player. He was outstanding in both defence and attack today)
Gallas-7 (Good performance and will be pleased with his part in keeping our first league cs)
Clichy-7 (Very good second half, closed the ball well and really pushed forward)

Song- 6
Diaby- 6
Fabregas- 6.5 (Get half a point more for the goal. Generally a good display with its ups and down. The midfield was average in general, they didn't keep the ball as well as they should have and really didn't dictate the game)

Eboue- 7 (If only he had final product)
Eduardo-7 (Not his best position but he looked good)

van Persie- 6 (No luck, he worked hard but missed a few good chances)

Subs:

Ramsey- 5 (Really sloppy)
Rosicky- 7 (A real class act, never gave the ball away and almost scored as well)
Bendtner- 6.5 (Looked jaded in recent weeks, hopefully a rest today will see him regain his best form. Played a good ball for Fabs to score too)

Proof

Established Member
Mannone - 6

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Vermaelen - 9 MOTM
Clichy - 7

Song - 7
Diaby - 6
Fabregas - 6

Eboue - 7
Eduardo - 7
Van Persie - 7

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Mannone 6
Sagna 6
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 8
Song 6
Diaby 5
Fabregas 6
Eboue 7
Eduardo 7
Van Persie 6 (He really needs to play in RWF.)

MAK 14

Established Member
Mannone 6 - Didn't have the much to do in all fairness.
Sagna 7 - Reliable at the back, did nothing wrong.
Gallas 8 - Good performance.
Vermaelen 9 - Scored two great goals and a rock defensively.
Clichy 7 - Was good today, big improvement.
Song 6 - An OK game from him.
Cesc 7 - Scored a goal and did well.
Diaby 6.5 - A decent performance from him.
Eboue 7.5 - A really good performance from Eboue.
Eduardo 7 - I thought he did well
Van Persie 6.5 - Needs to sort out his finishing, quickly.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Mannone 6

Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 8

Song 7
Fabregas 7
Diaby 5

Eboue 7.5
Van Persie 6
Eduardo 7

ThaSaltCracka

Song definitely deserves at least a 6, and maybe a 7. Diaby about the same. 6 for Cesc seems about right. Eboue, Vermaelen, Clichy, and Eduardo were our best players today, no doubt.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Mannone 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 8
Song 7
Fabregas 6
Diaby 6
Eboue 7
Van Persie 5
Eduardo 7

Ramsey 6
Rosicky 7
Bendtner 6

asajoseph

Established Member
Mannone - 4 - Looked incredibly fragile every time the ball came near him. Well, well out of his depth at this level.

Sagna - 6 - Tidy at the back, and some marauding runs, albeit with no end-product.

Gallas - 7 - Some nice tackles, tidy on the whole

Vermaelen 9 - Aggressive at the back, and two superb goals, particularly the second, which any striker would have been proud of.

Clichy - 5 - Good challenges, but generally wasteful in posesssion.

Diaby - 4 - Stupid, anonymous, though at least his performance was more of a non-event than a catastrophe.

Fabregas - 6 - Very, very sloppy at times, and slow with his passing, but also created some good chances, and showed good awareness for his goal. A very mixed performance.

Song - 5 - Some very good tackles, and some very persistent moments, but also too sloppy at times, and didn't show a huge amount of awareness.

Eboue - 6 - Some very good running, actually, but the usual brain-farts whenever he gets anywhere near the goal. Waste of space in midfield or attack, really.

Eduardo - 5 - Very, very quiet, and didn't really contribute a whole lot.

Van Persie - 6 - Couldn't buy a goal, but not for lack of chances or trying. Showed some good movement, and turns in the box, but too tentative when it came to pulling the trigger and it cost him a goal.

Subs:

Rosicky - 7 - Very bright passing and movement when he came on - a big improvement on the average-ness we had on the pitch up until his arrival.

Bendtner - 6 - Full of running, and nice assist, but also a bit slow in possession at times.

Ramsey - 5 - Quiet, really, apart from one nice (deflected) shot.

ricky1985

Established Member
Very surprised at your rating for Clichy, Asa. Admittedly I only got the view from a stream, but he looked faultless, in fact I can't remember him giving the ball away once and immaculate defensively. Also Eduardo seemed to be heavily involved in the second half.

I bet that second Vermaelen goal was a fun to celebrate? Wish I was there for that.

asajoseph

Established Member
To be honest Ricky, I didn't really know what to give Clichy - I didn't have a particularly strong feeling about his game either way, but I had the impression he gave the ball away a bit.

Maybe I'm wrong there...

I bet that second Vermaelen goal was a fun to celebrate? Wish I was there for that.

Took me about 20 seconds to realise it was Vermaelen who finished that one, not Van Persie!

ricky1985

Established Member
Hah, I think everyone was a little taken aback by it. Vermaelen is certainly a bit special. Clichy was actually pretty good today mate, for the first time in a long, long while. He was almost universally praised in the match day threads, and you know how seldom we all agree in here.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, as I said above, I think he made some good tackles, and defensively he did his job. So maybe I just have the wrong impression about his attacking play!

awooga83

Established Member
Vermaelen's goal was quality and I knew it was him when he got the ball so to see it bend in was awesome, also I think he had shown a glimpse in a previous game where he had bent one towards goal to be just saved.

Top Bottom