• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal's wage structure

Fab Fabre04

Our wage bill is growing rapidly and currently still manageable but we cannot afford players on high wages to not perform.
Currently only Cedric is the one on high wages and not contributing and most of our squad is locked in till 2027 but if new signings like Havertz/Rice don't perform we are back with wage issues.

Current hierarchy seems to be (kept bit on a higher side and assuming new deals for White/Ødegaard)

300k+ - Saka Ødegaard
250k+ - Saliba Jesus Partey Havertz Rice
150k+ - Martinelli White Gabriel Zinchenko Jorginho
100k+ - Nketieh Nelson Timber Cedric Ramsdale Raya Trossard ESR Tierney
60k+ - Viera Elneny Tomiyasu Kiwior Lokonge Tavares Runarasson

(some wages like ESR/Tierney are assumed and also have added players out on loan)
Looks like a healthy pyramid that you’d see in a tier 1 global football club tbh

CannonBals

Looks like a healthy pyramid that you’d see in a tier 1 global football club tbh
Yes, Martinelli will get a bump in a one year i guess as he should already be in that top 2 bracket.
Apart from that Viera would get a bump if he keeps putting in good displays. Others are where they should be actually.

After Martinelli we may have max 1 space in the top 250k+ bracket. 1 more if we put Partey in the lower bracket with renewal. So there is that, we don't have much space left now to get ready made stars from wage bill perspective.
Although it could be argued we may also need just 1 more 250k+ player in CF.
Other holes RW, DM (once Jorginho+Elneny leave), CB are squad options.
The only concern is Left 8. If Havertz/Trossard/ESR/Viera does not work.

I expect our current wage bill to be 270m+ now.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom