• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Happy with the squad. Are you guys actually insane?

We can probably shuffle the team around if ESR or Saka get injured. We will be less effective but we will probably get by.

If Leno gets injured we will be in the bottom 5 of the league. GUARANTEED.

We need a back up keeper.
Don't think anyone happy with squad if we have choice to make changes this window we'll make it quick i still think we'll get backup keeper

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its very likely now that nothing will happen this window, other than the bare minimum.

Get in a backup keeper, and if possible a backup attacking midfielder on loan. Save the major work for the summer, if we can get major work done.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I still hope we get Depay this winter. I'd prefer him as our first option as a striker, but he would also be able to replace ESR if necessary.

I understand people are happy with ESR (I am too), but I still think it would be foolish to not strengthen the front 4 with a player who could play in ESR's position. We're too reliant on him. Also bit light on cover if we don't use Willian (we shouldn't) and Nelson.

I think we crumble again offensively if ESR is taken out. Get Depay or Oliseh or Ødegaard on loan if possible.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Meh, rather nothing happens when the alternative is being stuck with Erikssen/Isco or some expensive loan where the club will sign the player permenantly because we just can't help ourselves.

We'll run our youngster a bit too thin, but I can live with the drop in quality, be it by form or injury as long as we try to manage them better.

El Duderino

Tell you what tho, Edu and Arteta need to keep their mouths quieter or at most give the old Arsène "We are only after, top top qualitee/we'll let you know" line.

The whole "We have a plan/my phone is ringing nonstop" thing paints Edu in such a bad light when it starts looking like there wasn't really a plan afterall for ins.

The Sokratis thing should've been resolved much sooner, as well. It was clear we were going to cancel his contract and he kept taking forever to make up his mind.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Meh, rather nothing happens when the alternative is being stuck with Erikssen/Isco or some expensive loan where the club will sign the player permenantly because we just can't help ourselves.

We'll run our youngster a bit too thin, but I can live with the drop in quality, be it by form or injury as long as we try to manage them better.
Don't want Eriksen/Isco either, that's why I mentioned specific names. Don't just get anyone because they are a cheap stop gap, they need to be quality.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Tell you what tho, Edu and Arteta need to keep their mouths quieter or at most give the old Arsène "We are only after, top top qualitee/we'll let you know" line.

The whole "We have a plan/my phone is ringing nonstop" thing paints Edu in such a bad light when it starts looking like there wasn't really a plan afterall for ins.

The Sokratis thing should've been resolved much sooner, as well. It was clear we were going to cancel his contract and he kept taking forever to make up his mind.

Its a shame that Edu have forgotten that he has a hidden number.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are trying to get bodies out the door now to be able to do something, think that's fairly clear. Whether that's a backup keeper or something else remains to be seen.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather ESR continues developing than wasting minutes/cash on a 6 month loan that most likely wouldn't be here next season anyway.

If Ødegaard is a no-go i'd say at least get Eriksen for 6 months. It's not something any of us particularly want but purely for practical reasons it's a sensible thing to do, he plays in a position we're short in, he has PL experience etc.

ESR can't play every important match from now till the summer, that's just not gonna happen. We're fools if we think he can carry us to European football next season, it's not fair on him to expect that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It would be lunacy to not buy another creative player. We saw how **** we looked against Newcastle when Smith-Rowe didn’t play. You can’t expect him to carry the burden by himself when we will pretty much be playing twice a week from now until May.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It would be lunacy to not buy another creative player. We saw how **** we looked against Newcastle when Smith-Rowe didn’t play. You can’t expect him to carry the burden by himself when we will pretty much be playing twice a week from now until May.

Agree with you, feel we will get Eriksen on loan though and I will be sad :(

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Don't want Eriksen/Isco either, that's why I mentioned specific names. Don't just get anyone because they are a cheap stop gap, they need to be quality.

I agree with the sentiment, but imagine for example that in April or whatever we're in a Europa League semi-final or final and millions of pounds are depending on the result, ESR has picked up a thigh injury and isn't available, do you want Willock playing or Eriksen?

It is possible just to loan a player for 6 months with no intention to buy. We did it with D. Suarez. Just tell Eriksen "listen come and do a job for us, get your form back, but we have other plans in the summer so think about finding a new club afterwards". A simple mutually-beneficial transaction.

El Duderino

I agree with the sentiment, but imagine for example that in April or whatever we're in a Europa League semi-final or final and millions of pounds are depending on the result, ESR has picked up a thigh injury and isn't available, do you want Willock playing or Eriksen?

It is possible just to loan a player for 6 months with no intention to buy. We did it with D. Suarez. Just tell Eriksen "listen come and do a job for us, get your form back, but we have other plans in the summer so think about finding a new club afterwards". A simple mutually-beneficial transaction.

We 100% had the intention on buying Suarez, tho. He pulled a Kallstrom and we had to call it quits.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We 100% had the intention on buying Suarez, tho. He pulled a Kallstrom and we had to call it quits.

Yeah I guess the problem is that we're a very stupid football club. We do stupid things, but still, bringing no one in could also be very stupid. If ESR gets injured or loses form, we finish 9th and get knocked out of the EL every single fan will say we should have at least got a loan in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom