• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like Arteta said after the livepool game, we need some magic. Really badly, we need two creative players. Genuinely feels like watching united before they got Bruno.

I feel like Pepe won't cut it in this league unless he changes his attitude. This isn't knee jerk btw, I've noticed for a while he doesn't fight for the team.
The problem with keeping him is the uncertainty of whether he will improve next season so we can sell and try to get a huge chunk of our investment back or will he regress and reduce his current value even further. He's got Gervinho MKII written all over on him for me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I feel like Pepe won't cut it in this league unless he changes his attitude. This isn't knee jerk btw, I've noticed for a while he doesn't fight for the team.
The problem with keeping him is the uncertainty of whether he will improve next season so we can sell and try to get a huge chunk of our investment back or will he regress and reduce his current value even further. He's got Gervinho MKII written all over on him for me.
Pepe at the moment not performing week in week out he looked good against City was key in both goals today game was bad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pepe at the moment not performing week in week out he looked good against City was key in both goals today game was bad.

This is harsh, he came on quite late into the game and was doubled up on. Hes a winger who needs space in front of him which means he needs a full back creating space and then a decent creative player working that space.

He has neither of those things.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is harsh, he came on quite late into the game and was doubled up on. Hes a winger who needs space in front of him which means he needs a full back creating space and then a decent creative player working that space.

He has neither of those things.
Yes im expecting better next season he kind if player that give you 15 goals and 15 assists when settled

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not even sure it will take much investment from the Kroenkes to actually get us to a decent spot. We don't need to have a vast net spend at all actually.

I'm more looking at the board to shift the crap in this squad than the Kroenkes having to dip in and give us 100m.

We need a CB. £20-40M
We need Partey. £45M
We need a creative mid, whether that's Grealish, Aouar or someone else. £40M
We need some proper magic. That Alexis style magic we used to have. Someone who can creative something out of nothing. You could pay anything between 25 and 125 million for that.

Either way Arteta needs to spend around £150M this summer to bridge the gap, but the net spend of that could easily be £50-75M if the board does the right things.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
At one stage I thought we should just put everything together to try to buy Havertz, but maybe we need more than that. We need like two or three, in addition to ESR. We used to have Rosicky, Hleb, Arshavin, Nasri etc, all guys who could basically play anywhere in attacking midfield and combine together.

Buy two or three players like that aged between 20-25. I dunno, maybe a David Brooks on the cheap for example. Benrahma obviously another one.

Like take Dani Olmo who went to Leipzig from Zagreb for 17m, prime example of a player we'd have been in for before. Wenger would have been all over that. Same goes for Nkunku.

There's got to be guys out there, don't have to be big names, just players with a high technical level who can pass and move.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Oh forgot Buendia, that's an obvious one. Maybe even Cantwell, although i'm less convinced by him. But you could pick up Buendia, Cantwell and Brooks and probably do a lot more with them than you could with Partey, who's not gonna create you any chances.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Benrahma
Buendia
Cantwell
Brooks

Take your pick, all young, all under 30m, all creative. Get two of them and bring ESR into the team and you're more technical and more creative, and you'll win more games against smaller sides. Or one of them and Coutinho on loan. Outsmarting the market etc.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd rather use ESR than put money into Cantwell and Brooks.

Buendia looks a good player id take him. On your Partey comment we still need Partey. We are missing physicality and athleticism in the midfield as well as creativity. Xhaka, Ceballos, Partey, Willock, Grealish, Szoboszlai would be perfect.

Complete overhaul of the midfield and massive improvement for what would be around £50M net.

Arteta knows what we want just depends on what we can get.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

At one stage I thought we should just put everything together to try to buy Havertz, but maybe we need more than that. We need like two or three, in addition to ESR. We used to have Rosicky, Hleb, Arshavin, Nasri etc, all guys who could basically play anywhere in attacking midfield and combine together.

Buy two or three players like that aged between 20-25. I dunno, maybe a David Brooks on the cheap for example. Benrahma obviously another one.

Like take Dani Olmo who went to Leipzig from Zagreb for 17m, prime example of a player we'd have been in for before. Wenger would have been all over that. Same goes for Nkunku.

There's got to be guys out there, don't have to be big names, just players with a high technical level who can pass and move.
Agreed with all your points. Need more technicality in the team, even though we're sorely lacking physicality as well. NKunku would be perfect and I am baffled as to why we never made an effort on Olmo. I would also add Aarons and Godfrey to your list from Norwich.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Not even sure it will take much investment from the Kroenkes to actually get us to a decent spot. We don't need to have a vast net spend at all actually.

I'm more looking at the board to shift the crap in this squad than the Kroenkes having to dip in and give us 100m.

We need a CB. £20-40M
We need Partey. £45M
We need a creative mid, whether that's Grealish, Aouar or someone else. £40M
We need some proper magic. That Alexis style magic we used to have. Someone who can creative something out of nothing. You could pay anything between 25 and 125 million for that.

Either way Arteta needs to spend around £150M this summer to bridge the gap, but the net spend of that could easily be £50-75M if the board does the right things.
We'll get one of #1-3, #4 if he's 25mm or below.

Gross spend will be 50mm if we're lucky, net is a pipe dream.

Gunner-Union

Maybe a sangare or bosouma instead of partey and spend more to get grealish and cabellos
And throw ESR in the mix too

Cabellos. Sangare. Grealish

happy for partey over sangare if we can afford it. Also if we are going to play laca like a targetman then let’s get one like mitrovic or similar ilk. We fire in crosses non stop but none of our strikers are good in the air

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maybe a sangare or bosouma instead of partey and spend more to get grealish and cabellos
And throw ESR in the mix too

Cabellos. Sangare. Grealish

happy for partey over sangare if we can afford it. Also if we are going to play laca like a targetman then let’s get one like mitrovic or similar ilk. We fire in crosses non stop but none of our strikers are good in the air

Gotta remember this isn't the formation Arteta wants to use. Crosses won't be as prevalent when he has the right players.

I know he did perform better against City. My problem with him is he is not hitting the levels his price tag suggests. He does seem a bit reluctant to fight for balls which he could easily win if he went for. Call it hiding or whatever. If only he could learn to dribble on the outside and beat the opposition with pace other than skill sometimes or use a mix he could turn out great. You see Mahrez, Salah doing this all day and I don't see why Pepe who is arguably faster than Mahrez at least, shouldn't be doing.

I'll cut him some slack this season but he's got to deliver in the next. On the bright side, all his problems could be coached and I feel we just have the right man in Arteta to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom