• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You worry about what happens next if we spend big this window and have another poor season.

Nowhere to go then.
better to spend smartly than big.

I'd spend smartly on Grealish. Genuinely think even though he comes across as a prick on the field he brings in what we need. I'd settle for him and nothing else unless Aubameyang leaves.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
better to spend smartly than big.

I'd spend smartly on Grealish. Genuinely think even though he comes across as a prick on the field he brings in what we need. I'd settle for him and nothing else unless Aubameyang leaves.

But how smart is a move for Grealish? If Villa stay up he's going for 45-50m. I guarantee there are players out there as good or better than him that you could buy for half the price.

Grealish might be an obvious move, but I don't know if it's the smart one.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You worry about what happens next if we spend big this window and have another poor season.

Nowhere to go then.

True.
However, where our core issues exist seems to be pretty apparent ever since - getting a bunch of good middle-price talents in should do us just great.

Malang Sarr on a free, Benrahma, Partey, Szoboszlai and Gabriel or Ben White is doable with many outgoings.

Saliba coming in as well and maybe ESR.
Think we'd have veery little chance of doing badly.

Question remains though, if our board would even remotely consider such a set of signings - but theoretically speaking, you could do it quite easily.

African Flair

But how smart is a move for Grealish? If Villa stay up he's going for 45-50m. I guarantee there are players out there as good or better than him that you could buy for half the price.

We should enter the chat now. Jack for 30, that's somewhat fair or Watford will win with 6 and your lot are down.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Meh. I disagree. With Grealish you know what you get. You pay that money and he will come in and do the job. You pay the money for the reduced risk to fill the vacancy we need. A creative player who will work for the team. Pay the money.

Arseshavin

Our midfield clearly needs more creative players, because if we have one creator, he could easily be marked out of the game, and also, we become too predictable if we only have one creator from midfield. And the players we have now are simply not good enough creativity wise (Ceballos might be if we loan him again). Any new midfielder also has to be good defensively and have high stamina and work rate.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Meh. I disagree. With Grealish you know what you get. You pay that money and he will come in and do the job. You pay the money for the reduced risk to fill the vacancy we need. A creative player who will work for the team. Pay the money.

He’s carried a team of absolute plumbers this year, the drop off between him and their second best player is hilarious.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If we had defeated Villa we'd have been in a better position to buy him. Now we'll have to beat Watford and get Sarr.

We have so many attackers but none of them feels like an attacker that will lead our attack, be the main man, control the tempo in the final third and open up space for others.

That has been my main issue with Auba on the left-wing right from the first time we played him there. While he can score a lot of goals there it is a spot I think best suited for a player that forces things more technically and creatively.

Grealish seems obvious signing but I doubt we will go for him. Raul doesn't have balls to sign players from PL.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Are there any players going down from Watford/Norwich/Bournemouth we can take?

Ake looks like he's joining City, Ryan Fraser links have died (so far).

Are Doucure/Sarr any good? Sarr striked me a lot like a pace merchant from the very little I've seen.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Are there any players going down from Watford/Norwich/Bournemouth we can take?

Ake looks like he's joining City, Ryan Fraser links have died (so far).

Are Doucure/Sarr any good? Sarr striked me a lot like a pace merchant from the very little I've seen.

Bit biased but I think David Brooks is quality, looked really good last year but has been out most of the year with an ankle issue.

Think he’d be the perfect player for us, rate him much higher than say Buendia. I also love Sarr, been a big fan for a while, he’s a bit unpredictable but like Wilf he just makes things happen.

Wouldn’t mind Cantwell but for me he seems so limited, like a poor man’s Dele Alli.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Bit biased but I think David Brooks is quality, looked really good last year but has been out most of the year with an ankle issue.

Think he’d be the perfect player for us, rate him much higher than say Buendia. I also love Sarr, been a big fan for a while, he’s a bit unpredictable but like Wilf he just makes things happen.

Wouldn’t mind Cantwell but for me he seems so limited, like a poor man’s Dele Alli.

Yeah, I think there are deals to be done like the one Benrahma one to complement the team.

Doesn't Sarr play right wing tho? Think Cantwell has a low celling, feels like the type of signing Everton would make/overpay for.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Grealish is out of our price range now. Villa will want similar to what Palace wanted for Zaha, Leicester Maguire, Chilwell etc

Be a fight for top six next season at best.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I think there are deals to be done like the one Benrahma one to complement the team.

Doesn't Sarr play right wing tho? Think Cantwell has a low celling, feels like the type of signing Everton would make/overpay for.

Benrahma if he doesn’t get promoted plus Brooks would probably be 40M at most for both and I’d honestly believe that our level would skyrocket.

Cantwell at max 15M would be a decent buy. Probably sell him for double that in a few years but yeah don’t think there’s much of a ceiling with him either, runs around and can score a few goals but technically pretty average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom