• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It’s just not clever to spend that much on one player in our situation. Say we have £150m to spend after sales etc I’d much rather see us make 3/4 signings like City often do rather than 1/2.
I disagree. I'd rather 2 quality players than 4 good players. I think that's more important for us. Our squad is massive and needs streamlined.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
80m is within our range if you consider what we paid for Pepe.

It really depends how much of an injection Stan wishes to give us or who we move on. If we move on Lacazette 20m AMN 25m and Guendouzi 40m it covers a potential fee.

Its doable if we want to do it of course.

You'd pay 80m for Grealish? I'd go up to 40m for Grealish, any higher and i'd be having doubts.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Guess we are surely all sitting in the same boat, desperate for some exciting news on the transfer front or Auba's contract

Unfortunately, I don't expect any news of note until the fa cup final has happened.
Pretty sure there would have been 1-2 deals already agreed and close to being official, if there was no plan a,b,c that needs an answer to European competition.

Even if Auba and the club have intensified talks, will he do anything before he knows our fate entitely ? Can't see it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd spend 80m on Grealish AND Zaha together, not a chance I'd spend it on one of them.
Palace wanted 80m for Zaha last season. And if it was a choice one or the other its Grealish all day long and twice on Sunday.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The way Arteta talks about having different options and waiting until we know where we stand in terms of having EL football or not, it looks like we’ll be slow to get going again this upcoming transfer window.

At least Mkhitaryan will be officially gone come August I guess.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The way Arteta talks about having different options and waiting until we know where we stand in terms of having EL football or not, it looks like we’ll be slow to get going again this upcoming transfer window.

At least Mkhitaryan will be officially gone come August I guess.

Well to be honest Arteta, the players and the club in general only have themselves to blame. Dropped points at Brighton, Leicester and Sp**s after leading not good enough. Getting beat last night the same.

If we are going to be hampered and running about at the 11th hour again it's no good.

Arteta should have 2 lists of players. One for if we get Europa Legaue and one for nothing.

And most of those 2 lists should be the same players bar 1 or 2. He should be planning for nothing and if we get Europa it's a bonus. Not working the other way.

Who's the best players we can attract with no crap Thursday night football and at what price. Do they improve the team. If yes. Sign them. If we cant find any players to improve us sign nobody. No middle of the road signings

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm done with all these big money signings that lead to us being disappointed. Can't be disappointed if you expect nothing.
No Partey, lets sign Douglas Luiz from Villa instead.
No Upamaecano, lets sign Gabriel from Lille
No Zaha, lets sign Behrama from Brentford
Lacazette out, Edouard in from Celtic.
All of that must cost us 70 million right? That's doable.

pikey2000

Agree with most, no way i'd be spending £80m on Grealish, same with Zaha, thought we overspent on Pepe despite the fact I think he'll come good.

I'm keen on seeing what ESR can offer given a run, Saka will kick on, Martinelli to come back into the mix, still think Pepe will kick on, but maybe I'm just to optimistic :)

First thing I would do is pay Özil out of his last year and tell him to do one, then i'd rather take Coutinho on loan for 1 season only, no obligations to buy, focus the actual spending on CM/CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom