• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think bringing players in is a problem. It's more about who we can get rid of and how.

Mustafi- can we get rid?
Sokratis- will he go?
Özil - will he go?
Elneny - can we get rid?
Kola - can we sell?
Guendouzi - can we swap?
Laca - can we swap?
Torreira - can we sell?
Auba - will he stay?

So much up in the air. Who we bring in will be determined by how ruthless and efficient we are on outgoings.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I'd spend 80m on Grealish AND Zaha together, not a chance I'd spend it on one of them.

Thats where wheeling and dealing come in to it. 40 up front for each, an extra 5 if we get europa league next year, and another 10 on top if we get champions league in the enxt 3 years or whatever. The players will kick up a fuss and the clubs need the money. You improve the team by a quite a bit. It might not be doable but we sure as hell should be trying.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Mkhi is a good player, just not a good EPL player.
Yeah, wee bit of tongue-in-cheek trolling on my part :p

It’s a good question though. Aouar and Nkunku would be two shouts. Maybe Grealish but I’d count him as a winger

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we get good offer for Nelson we should sell if we bought a good winger and not youngster we could make 40-50M from Nelson and Niles.

benjamin86

Established Member
Who's up for sacrificing Nelson to get Benrahma?
If Brentford don't go up even just loaning Nelson in a deal for Benrahma could be pretty attractive to Brentford.
My thought is 15m upfront, Nelson on loan with no loan fee and then 2.5m for every 20 goal contributions in premiership(assists and goals) upto 5-10m.
(My one worry on Benrahma is could he be like Boufal who looked great in Ligue 1 but crap in Premiership)

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

If Brentford don't go up even just loaning Nelson in a deal for Benrahma could be pretty attractive to Brentford.
(My one worry on Benrahma is could he be like Boufal who looked great in Ligue 1 but crap in Premiership)

Benrahma is playing in the Championship though. Clearly not the same scenario as Boufal.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Who's up for sacrificing Nelson to get Benrahma?

I’d even give them Nketiah as we’ve already got Martinelli.

The likes of Nketiah and Nelson are easily replaceable, I wouldn’t let AMN or Willock go though.

benjamin86

Established Member
I’d even give them Nketiah as we’ve already got Martinelli.

The likes of Nketiah and Nelson are easily replaceable, I wouldn’t let AMN or Willock go though.
I wonder what Nketiah and Nelson are like in training as i've not seen an awful lot on the pitch. I'd love Nketiah to be the next Ian Wright but from what i've seen i think he'll be limited to a super sub role similar to Defoe.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think bringing players in is a problem. It's more about who we can get rid of and how.

Mustafi- can we get rid?
Sokratis- will he go?
Özil - will he go?
Elneny - can we get rid?
Kola - can we sell?
Guendouzi - can we swap?
Laca - can we swap?
Torreira - can we sell?
Auba - will he stay?

So much up in the air. Who we bring in will be determined by how ruthless and efficient we are on outgoings.
how much just in wages will we save if we can sell all these players and Auba stays

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Aside from the obvious dross we should test the market for players like Nelson, Nketiah, Willock(maybe not) as they're young & british so will bring decent offers from lower mid table or championship clubs. Selling players that'll never make it is always a hefty way to get some transfer budget

Sydney-Gooner

I wonder what Nketiah and Nelson are like in training as i've not seen an awful lot on the pitch. I'd love Nketiah to be the next Ian Wright but from what i've seen i think he'll be limited to a super sub role similar to Defoe.

If he has Defoe like potential you definitely keep him for a few years before flogging him off to Everton for £50 million.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A lot of clamour for Benrahma. Don't forget he needs to step up the the premiership. Remember a certain Tarabt. The gap is significant when your expect a player to contribute in the final third on a consistent basis. Just something to be aware of.

We should go for Buendia though. He has 7 assists this season and it should be about 15 to be honest. The amount of chances he has laid on a plate to be missed are ridiculous. I'm talking one on ones.

If we are going to play Saka in the lcm with Auba left and Tierney at left back, finding a player who is comfortable in the right half space is hard to find.

Players like Benrahma, Szoboszlai and Ceballos all play to the left. Buendia is more two footed and takes up the right side.

Buying potential top players from the lower teams is something we simply have to do. Don't always go for the massive standout player like Sigurdsson at Swansea, we need to go for the player who would excel with better players around him.

Buendia is incredibly creative at Norwich. How creative could he be with Auba, Pepe and Saka close to him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agree with that, would much prefer Buendia over Benrahma. Don't really get the hype for Benrahma, obviously a good player but he's 25 in a couple of weeks. He's not exactly been pulling up trees in his career if he's already 25 and only just getting linked to the PL.

West Ham apparently want him if Brentford don't come up and I think that's his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom