<

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

1. Partey

68.5%
  2. Aouar

31.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Hes a 10-20M player though.

2. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

It's not the transfer fee that is proving a stumbling block in shifting him, is it?

The wages though...

3. HairSprayGooners

Hes willing to take a wage cut so not much of an issue

4. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner All Deals Off

Mad that with less than 30 days to go we haven't sold a single player yet.. Hopefully 8-9 of them will be out of the door soon

5. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

So much debate over formations and what Arteta wants to do. I think we have all been making the same mistake.

Arteta is a modern coach. He will use different formations and fluid systems where he even switches between formations in game. Just because he buys a certain player it doesn't mean we are shifting to a system that we will use every match.

Back 4, back 3 none of that matters, what matters is that we will sign players who can play more than one position. It's also a case of thinking about our bench.

Arteta has played a cm who moves to lcb, a lwb who moves to cm, a lwf who moves to Cf, a cf who drops into an am, a rb who moves into dm, a lb who moves to lwf and a lcb who moves to lb.

It's literally a guess what Arteta wants to do. He could play Aoaur wide if we got him. Nobody knows.

6. HairSprayGooners

If Arteta has the players he wants he will play a set team for most games in a 433.

7. The_Playmaker

You literally have no idea that he will do that. You are just guessing from what he did at City, which by the way was Peps way before Arteta was there.

8. HairSprayGooners

Hes consistently said he hasnt got the quality to play how he wants?

9. The_Playmaker

That's doesn't mean he wants a 433. Could be a 4231. Could be 442. You have no idea. He's currently using a back 3. Could be 3 5 2.

10. HairSprayGooners

Hes currently using a back 3 because he doesn't have the players/doesnt trust the players to play a back 4.

He was using 4231 when he first came in. We lack serious creativity in a 3 hence why we want and need to get away from it.

11. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Why is their so little mention of the laca situation? It's sell or extent and on his wages this is a bit of a headache tbh

12. The_Playmaker

That doesn't mean he won't stick with the 3 even with the players he wants. He may want to play a 3. What I'm saying is you literally have no idea. So you can't say he prefers to play a 4 3 3 when he has tried it one time in a friendly.

13. HairSprayGooners

He might play 343 against big teams away when we dont have the right players. But why play like the underdog constantly if you want big titles? You play 343 for a reason.

14. The_Playmaker

343 can be attacking. Just depends on the players you have and the way you play.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Arteta: "So how are we processing with our next few buys?"
    Vinai: "What? How do I do that?"
    Arteta: "You are bringing in more reinforcements this transfer window?"
    Vinai: [insert in google search]How do I make convincing deepfakes?[/google search]

16. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

Yeah it is a bit odd. Could be the club don't think they can get anyone good enough this summer so aren't willing to sell.

Or he's intertwined with Partey or just there's no interest with his wages

17. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Depressing state of affairs really.

18. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Ffs, we have brought in Willian, Gabriel and gotten Dani back (plus Saliba has also joined us now) all of them are quality players who will make a difference this year, yet people are acting like we haven't signed anyone :lol:

Still got a month left too, chill.

19. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I think he will turn out to be one. Having a back up left footed Cb is always welcome, should allow the system to translate well to rotated lineups.

Think the outrage, which I can understand, is because we bought him when we already had backups and needed a starter.

bingobob likes this.
  20. HairSprayGooners

Who needs new midfielders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.