• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I absolutely agree with you, but there's way more factors in play here.

• Partey and Aouar would go very far to securing top 4 for us. Champions league football will boost our commercial power and revenue streams in a huge way.
  • Uefa and the PL have already said losses will be scratched this year.
  • Whilst it may not seem like it now, Arsenal are in an excellent position in terms of "deadwood". In the next 9 months, including the rest of this window, you'll see £50M a year leaving the wage bill.
  • You then have fees we could still potentially get this window. Could be anywhere between 25-50M.
  • The refinancing of the loan from Kroenke doesn't indicate anything, our finances are blocked off from public viewing so nobody really knows what that will help with. What we do know is £36M cash is now available to put back into the club how we wish.
In short, making CL football, transfer fees this window and wages off the books over the next 9 months equate to around £120-150M.

I'm quite sure the full fee wasn't paid up front for Gabriel and it'll be the same for Aouar. With the relevant sales we are likely to still break even this summer even if we get Partey and Aouar.

That's just my take on it, Arteta has said multiple times our business is dependant on who leaves.

One of the problems is we've been using the 'If we sign X player, he'll pretty much pay for himself by getting us Top 4 and Champions League money' a lot over recent seasons. None of the players we've bought in to date have done that. If a signing the quality of Auba couldn't do it I've got no reason to think a relatively inexperienced player like Aouar would, at least in the short term. This season with everything that's going on financially, it would be a massive risk.

You've also got to factor in we've got a massive wage bill / we're struggling to shift out deadwood and we're more reliant on match day revenue than pretty much any team in the league.

I think if we get one of Aouar or Partey we'll have done a very good job this window, considering the circumstances we're under and I'd consider it a success.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
All these financial losses will make the competition for the self-sustained teams way worse than it already is - City and co just getting another cash-check for Christmas from their owners with FFP non-existent.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we were to get rid of the players you mentioned and bought Partey we'd be on a net spend of 0. And considering Aouar can be done in instalments I don't think there's any argument that we can't get the business we want to do done.
considering our covid losses might be close to 100m a net spend of 0 aint bad, we can go crazy next summer if need be.
Right now its about making sure we come out of this crisis as healthy as possible
A lot of other clubs planned for football fans to return by this end of year but its now looking like we wont see full stadiums till next season when the vaccine has been distrusted to most ppl.

I obviously wanted both but if we can get the necessary players out of the club and secure one of the two, I will call it a brilliant window.

We were never going to fix the mess that has been created over the last 2-4 years in just one window

I think if the club decides to be financially responsible then I will support them on it

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
One of the problems is we've been using the 'If we sign X player, he'll pretty much pay for himself by getting us Top 4 and Champions League money' a lot over recent seasons. None of the players we've bought in to date have done that. If a signing the quality of Auba couldn't do it I've got no reason to think a relatively inexperienced player like Aouar would, at least in the short term. This season with everything that's going on financially, it would be a massive risk.

You've also got to factor in we've got a massive wage bill / we're struggling to shift out deadwood and we're more reliant on match day revenue than pretty much any team in the league.

I think if we get one of Aouar or Partey we'll have done a very good job this window, considering the circumstances we're under and I'd consider it a success.

Agree with most things here. If we are only able to sign one then it has got to be Partey for me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Business as usual then? :lol: Can’t stand Payton and Darren, ****ing idiots.
Would block him but then I'd miss insight like this:
Untitled.jpg

He's said literally nothing but people will still tell you he's reliable for some reason

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not in relation to transfers, he's never had anything right. Just another attention-seeker.

And you thought a random bloke in the diamond club had good sources so you're hardly a good judge of character.

I'm not talking about transfers... he has sources for other things related to Arsenal. That's a fact.

senna

considering our covid losses might be close to 100m a net spend of 0 aint bad, we can go crazy next summer if need be.
Right now its about making sure we come out of this crisis as healthy as possible
A lot of other clubs planned for football fans to return by this end of year but its now looking like we wont see full stadiums till next season when the vaccine has been distrusted to most ppl.

I obviously wanted both but if we can get the necessary players out of the club and secure one of the two, I will call it a brilliant window.

We were never going to fix the mess that has been created over the last 2-4 years in just one window

I think if the club decides to be financially responsible then I will support them on it

This is a cycle though - if we are short cos loss of match day revenue, Lyon are likely to be hit as well and more likely to need help as they dont have european football & much less income from TV & sponsors. Same with most clubs not receiving a big TV deal or rich owners.

Also the club must have planned for big wages of underperforming & no longer needed players coming of the books next summer eg Özil, Mustafi, Sokratis etc.

But agree fixing the mess of Gazidas will take a few windows.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Think CHO is United bound. They wont get Sancho. Would say CHO potential is about Sanchos level so good signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom