• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

With how everything is unfolding and if we can indeed afford one big signing. just trigger Partey’s rc imo. Would put immense pressure on Aulas and he might have to lower price of Aouar a lot.

If not just play Willian in midfield. He has the intelligence for it and is hard working...

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Darren's the type of guy who only ever really gives stuff like once in a while knows if a player is starting or some other small detail then uses vague statements to seem like he knows any more

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we're going to sign one of Partey and Aouar I'd think there is probably more chance of us signing Aouar at this stage.

Given the financial constraints we appear to be under could probably work out a deal for Aouar where we back load the fee and pay a relatively small amount up front, maybe £15-20m.

We know with Partey that is a straight £45m up front.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hot take: Its liverpool with CHO bid and both Salah and Mane leaves before window closes

Quote me on dis

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Which talent has a higher ceiling...CHO or Reiss Nelson? They’re pretty much the same age too.

@MutableEarth
Very slightly Hudson-Odoi. Has more power and better base level of confidence. Both players are technical, good dribblers and potentially a lot of end product but confidence and general power seems to separate the two.

He can play RW too but his best position is on the left.
This pretty accurate describes Nelson too.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Very slightly Hudson-Odoi. Has more power and better base level of confidence. Both players are technical, good dribblers and potentially a lot of end product but confidence and general power seems to separate the two.

Isn't CHO waaaaaay faster than Reiss ?
Has he lost pace due to his inhury maybe - remember him being one of the fastest in the game

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Great for us that Nelson has contract until 2023 and seems to be at least on four times lower wages than Hudson-Odoi.

He's a good asset no matter if he succeeds well here. Still young.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we're going to sign one of Partey and Aouar I'd think there is probably more chance of us signing Aouar at this stage.

Given the financial constraints we appear to be under could probably work out a deal for Aouar where we back load the fee and pay a relatively small amount up front, maybe £15-20m.

We know with Partey that is a straight £45m up front.

We shall see.

I did a prediction like 2 months ago which was way off :lol: so naturally one will now do a prediction for the final two weeks.

My final two week prediction is -

Outs - (Italics = happened already)
Greenwood - £1.5M
Emi Martinez - £20M
Mikky - FREE

Balogun - £8M
Torreira - loan with option to buy at £22M overall.
Sokratis - £4M
Kolasinac - £8M
Mustafi - £8M
Smith Rowe - Loan
Nelson - Loan
Guendouzi OR Willock - Loan

= £80M inc loan fees.

Ins -
Ceballos - LOAN
Willian - FREE
Gabriel - £24M

Partey - £45M
Aouar - £45M + £10M add ons

= £114M

Net spend of £34M. Wham bam thank you Ma'am.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Isn't CHO waaaaaay faster than Reiss ?
Has he lost pace due to his inhury maybe - remember him being one of the fastest in the game
Nelson's quite quick himself but Hudson-Odoi is a bit faster. Haven't seen him hit stride since his injury though.

Great for us that Nelson has contract until 2023 and seems to be at least on four times lower wages than Hudson-Odoi.

He's a good asset no matter if he succeeds well here. Still young.
Nelson needs games, as does Hudson-Odoi. Both players have had a mixed time and fluctuating confidence as a result but both have real top class potential. Both players ideally would go on a loan where they're gonna get at least 30-40 apps and be a main guy somewhere. It's not so much what they have to learn but to show what they are really made of.

I still back Nelson to succeed here but his pathways been made a lot more difficult than perhaps any of us anticipated.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We shall see.

I did a prediction like 2 months ago which was way off :lol: so naturally one will now do a prediction for the final two weeks.

My final two week prediction is -

Outs - (Italics = happened already)
Greenwood - £1.5M
Emi Martinez - £20M
Mikky - FREE

Balogun - £8M
Torreira - loan with option to buy at £22M overall.
Sokratis - £4M
Kolasinac - £8M
Mustafi - £8M
Smith Rowe - Loan
Nelson - Loan
Guendouzi OR Willock - Loan

= £80M inc loan fees.

Ins -
Ceballos - LOAN
Willian - FREE
Gabriel - £24M

Partey - £45M
Aouar - £45M + £10M add ons

= £114M

Net spend of £34M. Wham bam thank you Ma'am.

For a normal, non-covid affected summer transfer, I think that would not be out of the question in terms for incomings / outgoings.

Given the situation we're in , I think it's exceptionally optimistic.

I hope you're right though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom