• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They are not good owners. Not surprised to see you say that though.

We have been badly run for years which starts from the top and works its way down. No coincidence at all since he took over we have declined. This guy takes money out of the club under the dubious “consultancy fees” title, puts none in and sees us as financial leverage for other franchises rather than a passion project or even subject of interest. No leadership or voice & allowed Wenger to take a ridiculous amount of abuse when he was managing us on a shoestring budget. I still feel much of the toxic atmosphere we witnessed for years was in large part to Kroenke cowering behind his Wenger shield.

No more AGM’s for us thanks to our owner either, can’t even be bothered to engage with his teams supporters a couple of times a year.

That said he isn’t the worst owner but can count himself extremely lucky in landing Arteta who has managed to restore a feeling of positivity around the club. We are still yet to see how the club will be run in the near future after recent failures.

I think you've made some good points but you can't state all the negative as Kroenke's fault then call appointing Arteta as lucky. If the bad's due to him, so is the good

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Oh do one would you negative Nancy.

We have spent £610M in 5 years, go blame the Kroenkes for that yeah. Idiot.

The club has been poorly run and that's on the Kroenkes. They have 0 interest in us apart from a financial one and that much is pretty evident by how they are just never here.

Josh spend 3 weeks with us and that was it. Him and his da' can't even be bothered to show up for the odd game. They are not good owners because they're not present, they lack ambition because they can't present us with anything that can get fans excited since they know zilch about football in England after over a decade of being majority owners.

The fact that Arsenal spent money on players is not the same as ambition or good ownership. Look at what happened with Wenger, a good owner would've either sat with Arsène and told him to go/not renew him after his last FA Cup/have a sucession plan ready and not wait until the stadium got empty to take any sort of action.

Look at how many things happened during their watch because they had no oversight on their 100% owned club.

It's no wonder that they can only succeed in a franchise system, where the franchise itself does its best to prop teams up on the playing field and commercially.

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
I think you've made some good points but you can't state all the negative as Kroenke's fault then call appointing Arteta as lucky. If the bad's due to him, so is the good
I don’t think he’s the worst owner, but to call him a good one is a huge stretch imo.

I think the sheer amount of negatives outweigh the very few positives, can only really think of Arteta & the restructuring of loans.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is a cycle though - if we are short cos loss of match day revenue, Lyon are likely to be hit as well and more likely to need help as they dont have european football & much less income from TV & sponsors. Same with most clubs not receiving a big TV deal or rich owners.

Also the club must have planned for big wages of underperforming & no longer needed players coming of the books next summer eg Özil, Mustafi, Sokratis etc.

But agree fixing the mess of Gazidas will take a few windows.
Lyon are moving on Depay, Reine-Adelaide and have already sold Traore, Terrier and Gouri.

I'm sure they will accept a lower fees and would be willing to agree on a structured deal for Aouar but I dont think they need to sell him to balance the books

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They are not good owners. Not surprised to see you say that though.

We have been badly run for years which starts from the top and works its way down. No coincidence at all since he took over we have declined. This guy takes money out of the club under the dubious “consultancy fees” title, puts none in and sees us as financial leverage for other franchises rather than a passion project or even subject of interest. No leadership or voice & allowed Wenger to take a ridiculous amount of abuse when he was managing us on a shoestring budget. I still feel much of the toxic atmosphere we witnessed for years was in large part to Kroenke cowering behind his Wenger shield.

No more AGM’s for us thanks to our owner either, can’t even be bothered to engage with his teams supporters a couple of times a year.

That said he isn’t the worst owner but can count himself extremely lucky in landing Arteta who has managed to restore a feeling of positivity around the club. We are still yet to see how the club will be run in the near future after recent failures.

I didn't respond to your comments on it @roz because its pure fiction. If you want to see owners taking money out of the club look at United. That's visibly taking money out. Wheres the evidence about the leverage for other franchises?

Weren't the Rams on the floor before for a long time during his reign and now theyre at the very top whilst being self sustained in terms of wages etc?

Everybody knows that the stadium was built before football got ridiculous. If Sp**s hadn't made that CL final they'd be spending exactly like we did in the beginning.

When we started to spend big money under wenger he completely failed. He and Gazidis ballsed up so many transfers and refused to work with big agents. So how can you expect to create a title winning team with a very nice guy as manager in a new era when you need something a little more?

Wenger didn't deserve abuse, but at the end of the day the bloke was slowly ruining his legacy with poor decisions.

Like owners of anything anywhere, there's some good and some bad decisions. Naturally, people are only human no matter how much cash they have. We have built this club up from when the stadium was built and FINALLY, it looks as if the goal is starting to be reached.

Lots of bad decisions from many different people have got us here a lot later than anticipated.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On the flip side would you give a new employee £100M of your own cash after 6 months of him being there?

The Kroenkes are good owners, allow us to spend what we have and have some what helped during these hard times. You cant ask for much more. If we had a good manager over the past 4 years and made better decisions on buying players nobody would batter an eyelid about the Kroenkes.
It was Stan who brought in people like Ivan, Raul, in turn Emery etc, who then all made big mistakes.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thinks we'll get one rather than both, Aoaur isnt impossible as he understands Aouar is represented by the same agency as Arteta. Says Lyon have a good relationship with Edu. Partey more likely given he has a set fee release clause and Arsenal need strengthening in his position. But no more info. Getting both depends on KSE sanctioning it which is possible as they've sanctioned big moves before.

Also: Nelson is available as a loanee.
You guys have probably talked about Orny's comments already but I found his KSE comments interesting
I think if Arteta goes to them and says I need both they might sanction it as long as we move enough players out so its not financially irresponsible and we are meeting that homegrown and non homegrown stuff

Also apparently Arsenal are one of the few clubs that prepared for the worst case scenario of no football fans being allowed in for quite some time, hence the redundancies to stadium staff and have set aside money to invest into the team even with the losses they will incur.

Also good to know the club will prioritize Partey's signing, we have nobody like him in the team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was thinking, if we lose the next NL derby to Jose and Sp**s, most of this forum wouldn’t be able to sleep, Arteta probably have nightmares for weeks, even Edu and Vinai will struggle to show their face in London for a few days. But it will have zero affect on our owner.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going to laugh at everyone who fired shots at the club for making staff redundant when over the next few weeks you'll see every single club in the league do the exact same thing.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Going to laugh at everyone who fired shots at the club for making staff redundant when over the next few weeks you'll see every single club in the league do the exact same thing.

Mate, I like you, but you're giddy at the thought of us spending £100m on a couple of footballers during a global pandemic while at the same time waiting for other clubs to sack normal staff to justify our clubs unethical behaviour.

We all love the club and football in general, but some things are more important.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mate, I like you, but you're giddy at the thought of us spending £100m on a couple of footballers during a global pandemic while at the same time waiting for other clubs to sack normal staff to justify our clubs unethical behaviour.

We all love the club and football in general, but some things are more important.

Nah I do understand the situation at hand.

But for me you cant just stand still in any walk of life right now. Standing still is the worst thing you can do.

That goes for people who are on furlough, even if its just self improvement in whatever way. You cant stand still.

In this sense to me its not just being giddy about spending £90-100M on two players. To me thats utilising a window where clubs would usually be all over Aouar and Partey to our advantage.

I'm thinking long term here. 2021 season fans start coming back in good numbers. You've made CL football due to signing A+P. Commercial streams have been boosted massively and you are one player away from challenging for the title.

Short term gluttony for long term success.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

On the flip side would you give a new employee £100M of your own cash after 6 months of him being there?

The Kroenkes are good owners, allow us to spend what we have and have some what helped during these hard times. You cant ask for much more. If we had a good manager over the past 4 years and made better decisions on buying players nobody would batter an eyelid about the Kroenkes.

:lol:

Are the club paying you to post that? Imagine thinking that Silent Stan is a good owner. That sort of mentality is why we haven’t had CL football since 2016.

Stan and Josh are more interested in the Denver Nuggets and the Rams than Arsenal.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Nah I do understand the situation at hand.

But for me you cant just stand still in any walk of life right now. Standing still is the worst thing you can do.

That goes for people who are on furlough, even if its just self improvement in whatever way.

In this sense to me its not just being giddy about spending £90-100M on two players. To me thats utilising a window where clubs would usually be all over Aouar and Partey to our advantage.

I'm thinking long term here. 2021 season fans start coming back in good numbers. You've made CL football due to signing A+P. Commercial streams have been boosted massively and you are one player away from challenging for the title.

Short term gluttony for long term success.

Fair enough, I just don't think anyone should be looking forward to anyone losing a job just to try and prove a point about what our club has done.

Anyway, I really hope you prove to be correct about our potential signings. If that's the case we'll have had an amazing transfer window and we'll all be delighted on here :)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:lol:

Are the club paying you to post that? Imagine thinking that Silent Stan is a good owner. That sort of mentality is why we haven’t had CL football since 2016.

Stan and Josh are more interested in the Denver Nuggets and the Rams than Arsenal.

Not many clubs in world football have a wage bill of over £220M a year and spend on average £100M a year on football players.

Put things into perspective. If Klopp joined us in 2014/15 we would have won CL's and PL's by now. The man would've been able to spend more money here than he has at Liverpool.

If things go wrong people point at owners and shout INVEST MORE MONEY!! If things go well everyone has done a marvellous job.

You know why Liverpool fans praise their ownership? Because Klopp can do whatever he wants with the money they get. Free reign. What do you reckon Liverpool fans responses would be if Klopp failed? Probably get the owners out they don't spend enough money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom