• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Okonkwo

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Okonkwo doesn't have his own thread? @A__G ? Do I make one from this article?

goal-2021-quote-2-line-&-text--f9134e12-da31-4178-bfa3-7f372566d7f6.png

drippin

From this article one can understand how much it means for own youth players to succeed at their own clubs. This makes me hopeful for the other Hale Enders wanting to extend, and I knew it with ESR with the Villa sillyness.

Okonkwo has been at Arsenal since age 7, and seems very mature, ready to go on loan and come back when ready to challenge for #1 spot.

It's interesting he has always loved making saves, compares it to the feeling of scoring goals. He has had much trouble adjusting to his height through youth levels, because he is 198cm tall now. But that's some luck too to become so tall when you were a goalie since a child!

"“I’m a completely different goalkeeper now than I was in pre-season,” he says. “Being in and around the first team every day, you improve not only as a keeper, but as a person.

“You learn how to communicate better, you understand your environment better.

“I’ve obviously also had a few games with the Under-23s, so it’s all been really positive for me and I’ve seen a huge improvement in myself in the games I’ve played in."

---

"Focusing on Leno, Okonkwo says: “Bernd has sat out most of this season after playing almost all of the games last season.

“But he’s been amazing. He hasn’t once changed his character or the way he has trained.

“Day in, day out, he’s still good around everyone. He’s still the same Leno I knew last season and that shows me a lot from a learning point of view.

“As a keeper, especially at top teams, there are going to be times when you are not playing and I have to take all of that on board.
”"

---

"Okonkwo lists Leno and Alexandre Lacazette as the two players who have helped him the most since he joined the first-team.

He regularly asks both for advice, with the youngster describing Lacazette as "an amazing character" who "always helps the young players" when it comes to advice.

The current Gunners captain is also one of the two team-mates Okonkwo singles out as the best finishers he faces in training, along with Gabriel Martinelli.

But who are the players he hates to face when Arteta decides it’s time for some shooting drills at London Colney?

“I don’t hate facing anyone,” he said. “I enjoy facing everyone because I just want to make saves.

The Hardest shot? Eddie Nketiah can hit the ball. Granit [Xhaka] as well.

“He doesn’t do much finishing so I always forget about him, but when he does, you know about it!

“I would say those are the people to be afraid of in training.”"

goal-2021-quote-2-line--3dc3cdbb-0e1a-43a5-9022-45ce398cc9fe.png

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The more Hale End kids the better although he's only about three years younger than Ramsdale isn't he, urgently needs a loan in that case.

Looked well shaky in the couple of reserves games. Also a bit malnourished.

drippin

The more Hale End kids the better although he's only about three years younger than Ramsdale isn't he, urgently needs a loan in that case.

About 3,5 years younger yes. The article says that the club and Okonkwo both see a loan coming next summer. It's great that he has now matured as a person to being ready for another environment in senior games.

Would you suggest a currywurst diet for him or what is the best option for some weight?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There are fewer players who need a loan more than Okonkwo. He has the skill, the size and the ball-playing to be a very good goalie but he has so much nerves in him whenever he steps up a level. He'll need a lot more time to cook, and I think playing first team football at a lower level would be very good for him. I think perhaps League 1 would be a good landing spot, Championship might be too soon for him IMO.
That said, despite his jitters, on his game he's extremely talented. Has made very impressive saves and is usually strong on crosses owing to his height.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
There are fewer players who need a loan more than Okonkwo. He has the skill, the size and the ball-playing to be a very good goalie but he has so much nerves in him whenever he steps up a level. He'll need a lot more time to cook, and I think playing first team football at a lower level would be very good for him. I think perhaps League 1 would be a good landing spot, Championship might be too soon for him IMO.
That said, despite his jitters, on his game he's extremely talented. Has made very impressive saves and is usually strong on crosses owing to his height.

Think Hein has the higher ceiling. I’ll be very surprised if Okonkwo makes it here.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He's 21. That's very young for a keeper. Can afford a couple of years on loan, hopefully to a championship team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Think Hein has the higher ceiling. I’ll be very surprised if Okonkwo makes it here.
Hein has more experience owing to being Estonian so he already plays for them. Okonkwo IMO is more talented but there's not much between them in terms of pure talent. Hein's distribution is also not very good but he's a keeper so I'm not terribly bothered by that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hein has more experience owing to being Estonian so he already plays for them. Okonkwo IMO is more talented but there's not much between them in terms of pure talent. Hein's distribution is also not very good but he's a keeper so I'm not terribly bothered by that.

We should sign more kids from these dead national teams.

They’re getting full international caps aged 16 ffs. Like sending them out on loan without having to do anything :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The first time i saw Arthur in pre season yes he made terrible errors but he have the body strength and height to be top keeper. Being a keeper is annoying job because if you lose your place like Leno or being 3rd keeper like Arthur you'll never get chance.

Next season will be likely similar to this season for him so i hope we can send him on loan.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
About 3,5 years younger yes. The article says that the club and Okonkwo both see a loan coming next summer. It's great that he has now matured as a person to being ready for another environment in senior games.

Would you suggest a currywurst diet for him or what is the best option for some weight?
Why would I suggest Currywurst? Gross.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

In fairness, he was out for well over a year quite recently with a mystery illness that was never disclosed. Only Jeorge Bird knows what it was and when pressed, refused to reveal what it was so must have been serious.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Needs a loan next season.

Ramsdale, Turner and Ejeheri probably our GK’s next season, big downgrade.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom