• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floating

Established Member
Arsenal will move for Bayer Leverkusen ace Arturo Vidal if they lose Cesc Fabregas or Samir Nasri this summer.

According to reports in Germany, Gunners boss Arsène Wenger, who is an avid Bundesliga fan, is well aware of the Chilean's talent.

And the Frenchman thinks Vidal could fill the void left by either Fabregas or Nasri, who are both being linked with moves away from the Emirates this summer.

As ever, the 24-year-old captain is wanted by boyhood club Barcelona while Nasri, who is out of contract in a year, is wanted by Manchester United.
Vidal's star has risen rapidly since arriving at Leverkusen from Colo-Colo in 2007 but his club may need to sell him this summer or risk losing him for nothing this time next year when his contract expires.

AC Milan have already had a £9m bid rejected by the Bundesliga club, who are demanding at least £13m for the 24-year-old - just a third of what Arsenal will receive for selling Fabregas to Barca.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8616/9/arsenal-target-bayer-leverkusen-star-replace-fabregas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... e-fabregas</a>?

Arturo Vidal for £13m? Yes ****ing please - he's exactly what we need in midfield. But hopefully he'd come as a supplement, not a replacement.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Shue said:
Sell Cesc, sign Vidal, go 442 with Vidal and Wilshere in the middle?

I'd much rather keep Cesc and get quality around him to take us forward than replace him with an inferior player.

KY

Established Member
we need him more than Gervinho, Alvarez, Oxlade or Mata. Will be a better option than Parker too. Sign him up please!!!

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Shue said:
Well yeah, but if Cesc is going, we need a plan B

I don't see him going, but if it was to happen i'd look to invest on our wide areas.

Vidal would be a decent shout with Wilshere, but in a 442 we'd need another CF.

Herbas

I would be surprised if this "report" was not created after reading Matuidi thread here.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Quality DM and someone we desperately need within our ranks. However he is not a Fabregas replacement at all.

If this is true, then with the Samba signing these become our most import imports.

ricky1985

Established Member
I remember this guy impressing me a lot at the World Cup, but don't know much more about him than that. How good is he defensively, is he what we need? Better than Song?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'd say he's the equivalent to Flamoney, but an upgrade on him as well.
Can play DM, CM, even RB.

Good goalscoring record, good work rate, a bit of a hothead which got him many bookings in the early stages of his career, but he managed to cool down last season, and was a massive part of the, yeah, success story of Leverkusen in recent season.

Also very disciplined on the pitch, don't know how he's off the pitch. Didn't like, him making his wish to leave Leverkusen, public couple of days ago.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
He's not a Cesc replacement. He plays deeper and is far more aggressive and dynamic. I would ****ing love him here. The new Ballack (and not just because of the Leverkusen connection) but a more intelligent/adaptable footballer, as he can play in any position in midfield to a high level.

If we don't get him now, we never will. He'll be worth 3 times that price this time next season.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Only seen him at the world cup and he was playing left back iirc. I'd take him purely based on how highly rated he seems to be and the fact i'm desperate for a midfielder with defensive qualities.

Bourne

Established Member
I'd sign him up, and the fee being bandied around for him doesn't seem too steep. He's predominantly defence orientated, I believe. Would be a good thing to have in the ranks.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd be ecstatic if we signed him to be honest. Pretty confident it won't happen for more than 5 reasons:-

* Song
* Diaby
* Coquellin
* Frimpong
* He isn't an unknown bargain basement player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom