• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

EidNRdJXcAU7yyV

Meanwhile.

EidNRdFXcAIyzn9

i know which one I want :(

credit to @Tir Na Nog

razörist

He wouldn't have landed like that if Ceballos had got out of the way.

Not sure why you're suddenly a massive Emi fan when you hated him before.
Leno needed to go knee first into Ceballos like a man instead of flopping over him. Could have broken his own neck only to spare Ceballos. That’s why good goalkeepers never do that, you don’t get out the way, you’re fecked. Simple as.

Re Emi: Never hated him unlike you, I was just indifferent because he was eternal 2nd goalie. When he got his chance I saw him for the majestic goalkeeper we missed all these years.

And unlike you agenda merchants I’m willing to revisit my opinion on players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Re Emi: Never hated him unlike you, I was just indifferent because he was eternal 2nd goalie. When he got his chance I saw him for the majestic goalkeeper we missed all these years.

And unlike you agenda merchants I’m willing to revisit my opinion on players.
You used something Emi did to bash another player, that's the definition of agenda.

And your "majestic" goalkeeper nearly cost this team the cup:
d_aFfZqZeR-jfVKnr3pOK4RyNiZcYWEjj-QjhyXxZSc.png

razörist

You used something Emi did to bash another player, that's the definition of agenda.

And your "majestic" goalkeeper nearly cost this team the cup:
d_aFfZqZeR-jfVKnr3pOK4RyNiZcYWEjj-QjhyXxZSc.png
Lol if you wanna talk nearly Leno nearly had the ball vs the same opponent as your picture but he went underneath it for a Jorginho tap-in.

the difference

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Lol if you wanna talk nearly Leno nearly had the ball vs the same opponent as your picture but he went underneath it for a Jorginho tap-in.

the difference
The difference is that I've always said Leno has to improve on crosses, went to come and went to stay on his line. You think Martinez is world class based off of a 5 week purple patch.

Breezy

Emi was quality for us, but some of this is ridiculous on here.

"Always knew he was an elite keeper", "Prime Cech" ...ffs :lol:

If he was either of those things, he wouldn't be playing for Villa right now!

This will be his first full season as a starter for a top flight team, let's see how he does before immediately ranking him alongside the best of the best shall we.

Why is that funny? I also happen to think Saka could go on to be better than Pele.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Emi was great for us when called upon, and helped us to two trophies (Community Shield is a trophy if you win it). For that, I'm grateful, and was genuinely sad to see him go, as I believe him staying would have pushed both him and Leno to get even better.

Leno was incredible for us pre-injury, saved us from slipping further down the table and was arguably a player of the season candidate.

I'm more than happy to have Leno in goal, and I refuse to spend my season comparing him to Emi. Both did great, I'll cheer Emi on at Villa to get his Argentine n°1 dream.

What's done is done. Comparing the two at every turn serves no purpose. They were both great, and they both deserve to start and play.

Agreed. I do think we've lost the better keeper but we have far bigger issues than Leno in goal. You're right about both deserve to be No1, that's why one had to go.

razörist

The difference is that I've always said Leno has to improve on crosses, went to come and went to stay on his line. You think Martinez is world class based off of a 5 week purple patch.
Don’t put words in my mouth now, simply saying I think Emi is the better gk all around and would fit us perfectly. Another year of great reflexes but at the same time making the defense super nervous coming up under Leno.

Top Bottom