• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've no idea how to rate Smith as a manager but they've got a pretty decent side. Good balance to their midfield. I mean they didn't even start Traore today. I'd say top 10 is possible for them certainly, but there's a lot of competition this year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Grealish is going to progress to the mean this year.

His actual numbers last year were depressed by that terrible Villa side and now they’ve got semi-competent players around him he’s going to go up a level.

I prayed they wouldn’t get promoted in 2019 so we could buy him. I think injuries nonwithstanding he’s going to have one of the great PL seasons.

I mean Özil at Werder or final season Bale at Sp*rs level.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Damn, was hoping this bump was going to say how Emi got sentenced to 6-12 months... :(

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Obviously painful for Villa to lose an academy player. Perhaps even more so when ESR proved somewhat more loyal than their product.

That being said, I am sure the £100m would soothe the pain.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Hello Stevo. Aston Villa is a massive Club. It was sad when they got relegated. To me, they were a Premier League constant, Arsenal, Villa, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and some others.
I still remember the late Dalian Atkinson scoring at Selhurst Park against Wimbledon in the rain, then celebrating under an umbrella. The John Gregory All British team was good during the 1990's. Collymore, Merson, Dublin, Barry , Southgate, Hendrie. Then Martin O' Neill assembled a decent team, Young, Downing, Milner.
I have been to Villa Park three times. Against Arsenal, Manchester City in 1995/96 (went with a Man City supporting workmate). Then Hull City, took my Aston Villa supporting Uncle, it was a Birthday present for him. An impressive ground, one of England's Traditional Stadiums.
My other football team is Gloucester City. An ex player of ours is Adie Mings, (Tyrone Mings Dad). Adie was a striker, and Tyrone used to watch his Dad play at Gloucester. Tyrone played for Chippenham Town, then onto Ipswich Town etc.
Good Luck for the Season ahead.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Was just thinking who has had a foot in both Camps. 🟥⬜. 🟪🟦 These are names that I have thought of, off the top of my head. Bound to be more.

David O' Leary:- Arsenal Club Record appearance holder. Manager of Aston Villa.
Remi Garde:- One of Arsène Wenger's first signings. Coach at Aston Villa.
Paul Merson:- Played for Arsenal and Aston Villa.
Martin Keown:-Was at Aston Villa, then finished playing at Arsenal.
Henri Lansbury:- Think he played for the Arsenal First Team. Later signed for Aston Villa.
Emiliano Martinez:- Goalkeeper at Arsenal, now at Aston Villa.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wonder if Rangers fans will be raging like Celtic fans were with Rodgers leaving them for Leicester. Or perhaps Rangers fans live in reality?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's nice and smart step and going to prove his coaching ability at Rangers he did achieve the maximum at Villa the expectations will be tough.

Liverpool keeping eye on him in case klopp leave so his villa job going to prove if he'll make it into the top level or he'll be nothing just midtable manager or lower.

Villa fans not that happy not sure what they expecting.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom