• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Barcelona v Arsenal | CL QF 2nd leg | Tue 6 Apr. 19:45 | SS2

progman07

Established Member
The funny thing in this tie was, that many Arsenal fans thought of this tie as "the game of two teams playing beautiful football, how great it will be that these teams playing the passing game will participate in two matches against each other"... and what happens? We can't string 3-4 passes together, especially not in their half... Our supposedly amazing passing game is really up for improvements.

edit: Freagle, it started last season in important games like Chelsea in the FA Cup and Man Utd in the CL.

dutchMasta

Abs said:
dutchMasta said:
I don't get how people can be ok with us being slaughtered, yet AGAIN, by a big team. It's almost just confirming that without our best players, we're just an average team. Either that or we really suck at big games/we're just not at the same level as the top teams. Plus, as the past few years have shown us, we yet again have failed to stop the opposition's star player.

I was hoping for us to at least make Barca really work for a scrappy win, make them feel relieved that they got through. So sick of getting totally raped out of competitions and big games.

we are not as good as barca at full strenght, no team is. Taking out 5 starters makes us even weaker, so how can you expect the team that started yesterday to beat Barca at Nou Camp? Sometimes teams are better than you and you have to accept it.
:roll: Please, tell me where I said I expected us to beat them?

CKD39

Established Member
It's the manner in which we've been out fought, out played and out thought in these matches against teams that we're supposed to be matching that's worrying.

Abs

Established Member
dutchMasta said:
Abs said:
dutchMasta said:
I don't get how people can be ok with us being slaughtered, yet AGAIN, by a big team. It's almost just confirming that without our best players, we're just an average team. Either that or we really suck at big games/we're just not at the same level as the top teams. Plus, as the past few years have shown us, we yet again have failed to stop the opposition's star player.

I was hoping for us to at least make Barca really work for a scrappy win, make them feel relieved that they got through. So sick of getting totally raped out of competitions and big games.

we are not as good as barca at full strenght, no team is. Taking out 5 starters makes us even weaker, so how can you expect the team that started yesterday to beat Barca at Nou Camp? Sometimes teams are better than you and you have to accept it.
:roll: Please, tell me where I said I expected us to beat them?

you didnt, but being raped or scrappy loss is the same thing really.....you go out. For me nothing changed, I knew before the game we were not on their level and it was shown. This so called rape is better for us, than a scrappy loss. Atleast now it shows the manager he need few more class players.....and i think he will bring in players in the summer. That Im sure of

number_0

Established Member
Freagle said:
We lose against big teams for one season and suddenly that became a trend for all of you? Last season we only lost once to a big team in the Premier League yet we won f**k all. We just can't seem to balance things right now. Some of you lot would jump on anything just to create a negative vibe around here.

Thank you.
I am glad some people haven't lost any perspective, yesterday the best player in the world was on form and it showed. Our defense was never a water tight unit, and yesterday we got exposed.

Nothing wrong with our team, we made stronger man utd sides look silly.

awooga83

Established Member
number_0 said:
Nothing wrong with our team

Now you can try to look on the positives but you can't possibly believe that. If there was nothing wrong with our team we wouldn't have lost to United and Chelsea 3-0 and crashed out in Europe when we met the first decent side.

ricky1985

Established Member
I think as fans we've got to be real about last night. It's all too easy to say "but we had so many injuries....". We did, and it was so damn unfortunate for that to be the case, but, we all know in our heart of hearts that even if we had everybody available, it would have been the same haphazard, sloppy and disorganised performance, only we would have looked a little better in doing it. The problem goes beyond a lack of quality, it goes beyond not turning up in the big games, the problems starts and ends with the manager. He has not done a good enough job in building a team that functions well enough when under pressure, the sort of pressure only teams with similar kind of quality to ourselves can put us under. Tactically we're an aberration, and Wenger needs to fix that.

JGooner

ricky1985 said:
I think as fans we've got to be real about last night. It's all too easy to say "but we had so many injuries....". We did, and it was so damn unfortunate for that to be the case, but, we all know in our heart of hearts that even if we had everybody available, it would have been the same haphazard, sloppy and disorganised performance, only we would have looked a little better in doing it. The problem goes beyond a lack of quality, it goes beyond not turning up in the big games, the problems starts and ends with the manager. He has not done a good enough job in building a team that functions well enough when under pressure, the sort of pressure only teams with similar kind of quality to ourselves can put us under. Tactically we're an aberration, and Wenger needs to fix that.

Exactly. A lot of bizarre white-washing here last night.

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

New territory? :D

KingReyes

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

Spot on.

We had close to our best 11 in the first leg and still got slaughtered in the first 30 minutes so the injuries excuse is boring.

Wenger's record in the important games recently is poor and needs sorting.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Wenger needs to buy ... something we have all been saying for the last 2 years. It hasn't made him do it. I have no idea what would.

He really acts like an ass at times. I wish he would stop it and get back to being the Professor that we all remember him as and want him to be again.

Still, until that fat lady finally gets singing her lungs out in May. I am with the team and AW ... that was a promise to Aaron Ramsey. After that? We will see.

thegame24

Established Member
Thats becaue the 2008 team was better than all the others left and we were robbed, this year we arnt all that.

3 big players missing from that side, maybe 3 and a half.
Ade, Flams, Hleb and a pre african cup kolo.

famous no 10

Established Member
Alfonso said:
The loss to Liverpool at this stage in 2008 felt 100 times worse than last night.

...and that loss to chelski in the Invincible season which I still haven't got over.

We were easily the best side in Europe that year, and that season was the making of "the special one".

Grrrrr.

thegame24

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Alfonso said:
The loss to Liverpool at this stage in 2008 felt 100 times worse than last night.

...and that loss to chelski in the Invincible season which I still haven't got over.

We were easily the best side in Europe that year, and that season was the making of "the special one".

Grrrrr.

Oh that 2004 team should have won the treble.

two silly results in one week and we battered both chelsea and united, losing to two fluke goals.

CKD39

Established Member
thegame24 said:
famous no 10 said:
Alfonso said:

Grrrrr.

Oh that 2004 team should have won the treble.

two silly results in one week and we battered both chelsea and united, losing to two fluke goals.

We didn't batter Chelsea, 2nd half they were all over us.

number_0

Established Member
awooga83 said:
number_0 said:
Nothing wrong with our team

Now you can try to look on the positives but you can't possibly believe that. If there was nothing wrong with our team we wouldn't have lost to United and Chelsea 3-0 and crashed out in Europe when we met the first decent side.

Obviously our team is not perfect and has many weaknesses that we've been screaming about all season.

What I meant was, you can't take out the barca game to highlight our mistakes considering the circumstances.

We got out played by an inform barca side and those 4 loses to chelsea and united were a result of individual lack of concentration and some jammy finishing from their side, but thats another discussion.

lagos

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
Alfonso said:

Grrrrr.

Bingo! That was the greatest ****up of the Wenger era!

Top Bottom