Barcelona vs Arsenal | August 4th | KO: 19:00 BST | Joan Gamper Trophy

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

AMN-Chambers-Sokratis-X pretty sure against Newcastle.

Not sure who will play on the left, Kola looked okay today.

2. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

I knew we would concede the moment I saw Mustafi coming on but on the brighter side Dani looks a real player.He got the better of busquet 2 3 times.Saka at the age of 17 has that special wonder kid feel..Played two wonderful cross which we should have scored.

3. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Where was Mustafi going just before the ball is played? He left all that space behind him for Suarez to run into. Where was he going?

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Chambers was fine, wtf. :lol:

SingmeasongSong and Fallout like this.
  5. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Guendouzi to me is a liability on defense. He also still doing the same **** of holding on the ball too long in our own half, inviting pressure.

It's just crazy to see the same mistakes and sloppiness from certain players almost every game.

Niles being too casual, Xhaka with at least 1 or 2 hospital back passes that puts the opposition through on goal, Guendouzi holding onto the ball and trying to draw a foul in our own half lol.

Then you have Mhki and Mustafi with their usual brain farts too smh.

The_Playmaker likes this.
  6. Manberg

Manberg Predator

With Koscielny gone Mustafi is our second choice CB. We have to deal with it and stop booing him.

7. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

Chambers has been away for a year people thinks he will be suddenly turn into a world beater are mistaken.Need to get rid of him and mustafi asap.

8. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

So the fans should just be quiet and pay their money to watch us lose. No. Fvck that. Boo him every weekend until he's either dropped or he leaves.

9. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Willock > Guendozi judging from this preaseason imo, better positionally AND better at the things Gwen is good at.

Liked what I Saw from the Youngbloods : Saka, Martinelli, Reiss

And I can get behind Ceballos to

Not that I like to follow the stream but it cant be emphazised enuff! Mustafi must go
    And obviously Monreal

Amn was Good apart from the og

Geofranco likes this.
  10. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Chambers was good and is fine for a 4th choice central defender for a side aiming for the top 4.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  11. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Not sure that's what @Rex Banner said, just that having a winger to stretch the play will mean the team won't end up inviting so much pressure.

12. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

What and be left with Sokratis and Holding?

No one is saying Chambers is a world beater, everyone knows we need a new CB, but getting rid of him isn't the answer.

13. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Delighted with the performance to be honest, it’s the main thing on the eve of the season. No surprises that Mkhitaryan and Xhaka stood out for being ****, pair of jokers.

Willock is different gravy, Guendouzi was brilliant and Ceballos is the type of filthy sauce you need, what a man.

Nelson was a bit timid but technically showed he’s good enough one again, AMN ain’t a RB but we know that.

Roll on Sunday.

14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

We have to accept that he will definitely play a big part this season, jeering him can only make him play worse.

15. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

He’s clearly filled with errors and just seeing him on the pitch fills me with anxiety. I’ve had enough even without today. I wouldn’t boo him, but I want to see him gone. What’s your suggestion for fans to do to show their displeasure with the club at keeping this liability around?

16. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

I don' think they're "keeping him around" willingly. Every indication is they want him gone as much as we do.

17. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

18. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Maybe it's just because we support Arsenal and focus on our players, but it just strikes me that so many of our players have multiple flaws or single massive flaws in their game.

The rate at which Xhaka constantly makes a MASSIVE error every game is unreal. Guendouzi will also get caught in possession every game at least once.

This is why I want a Ceballos, Torreira and Willock midfield.

celestis, Geofranco and Tourbillion like this.
  19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

If that was true a CB ready to play this season would have been signed already.

20. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Constant cheating & diving.
    Continually in the referees ear.
    Consistently brilliant finishes.

Luis Suarez in a nutshell.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.