• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Are players are not fit though.

Several of them are carrying knocks, others are burned out physically. It was very evident second half of the Aston Villa game, unrecognizable fitness levels.

Since Arteta doesn’t give anything away it’s hard to know the status of the squad, but it’s pretty clear to me that fitness are holding us back atm

A shame Teta refuse to rotate in a significant way.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

When is the last time we had a big win?

We didn’t win at City
We didn’t win at Anfield
We didn’t win away at Newcastle
We didn’t win away at Villa
We didn’t win away at Chelsea
We didn’t win away at Sp**s or Utd Last season.

…….

We won at Sp**s last season. Was our first win at their new hovel actually.

Tom Mix

Let them have the ball in the middle of the park and see what they can do. Prevent them from getting into the danger areas. Steal balls and go for quick counters.

Play a carefully selected first XI for the occasion. Go for the jugular after the hour mark.

Be prepared to take 5,6.7 very good penalties.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tucheliban... how will Arteta respond to this deviant innovation?

How will our LHS function in response to this as that side has been lacking this season.

Martinelli needs to have the game of his life tomorrow vs Kimmich who he struggled against at the Emirates. Bring Trossard on as a super-sub.
This is clever and will expose how one sided we are tactically. Close off the right side where saka, white and Ødegaard plays and we are done. Tell Arsenal beat us in any other way if you can. It’s game like tonight our 170 million investment in the summer will be exposed how limited they are technically

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah I get you. That's a good question tbh....

🤔 Must have been a fair while ago !

I guess we did win at Villa and Newcastle last season but I meant more the big sides, when is the last time we beat even Utd at Old Trafford? City, Liverpool? Allienz tonight will be more hostile than all three of these combined.

I still cannot wait though…. Bring it on.

Thrice

When is the last time we had a big win?

We didn’t win at City
We didn’t win at Anfield
We didn’t win away at Newcastle
We didn’t win away at Villa
We didn’t win away at Chelsea
We didn’t win away at Sp**s or Utd Last season.

…….
Tbf, when was the last time Liverpool had a big win away from home? They beat us in the FA Cup, but that must have been it. They usually don't win at Old Trafford, they usually don't win at Stamford Bridge, they never win at the Etihad.

elemoo

Everyone saying "if we play how we did in PL against city/L'pool" like have you not seen our last 5 matches in the CL... our boys have CLEARLY not been able to do this in the slightest, what makes you think it will suddenly change? Nerves and inexperience have been the main thing holding us back in the CL and is to be expected.

Can't see how our defense don't concede against their attack tbh, can see Kane getting a goal for sure. I just pray that Arteta and the players give the performances of their lives for us to be proud of.

Heart says 1-1 (goes to pens and fingers crossed)
Head says 3-0 Bayern

Grandolph

What I miss most from the Wenger area is the freedom and trust he gave the attacking players(the good ones at least), and that everyone could basically play everywhere. Makes rotation a lot easier.
Seems like Arteta wants to control every aspect of the game. He would probably have been a perfect assistent to Wenger, responsible for the defensive setup.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Like Thierry says we have to play our game and show no fear. If the likes of Ødegaard, Saka, Rice, Saliba etc want to prove that they’re world class then this is the type of night when they have to show what they’re about and not buckle due to the atmosphere.

I don’t care what anyone says but we all saw a 18 year old Cesc Fabregas silence the Bernabeu by completely running the show. If they also want to prove many wrong about this “bottler” mentality stuff that we’ve seen over the past few days then the stage is set.

I hear ya, and hope you are right.

But take that Madrid game in 2006 for example...in the previous 4 years we won 5 trophies, we had so much top level experience still in that team around Cesc to let him shine.

These poor lads are not only quite young, but think what the trauma of the last few years has done to them...lost Top Four in the last 2 games to our city rivals in 2022, lost a great chance at a trophy in 2023 and probably lost the league now...they have been through so mich with nothing to really show for it.

And now we have to beat a team like Bayern away who just have so much experience and winners in their team, massive task mentally.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
lost Top Four in the last 2 games to our city rivals in 2022, lost a great chance at a trophy in 2023 and probably lost the league now...they have been through so mich with nothing to really show for it

This current team has turned me into a poor broken housewife these days, I have had enough!

I am just waiting for the abusive husband that is Emirates era Arsenal to **** off to his job in Germany (one he will probably lose ffs) and I am ready to take the kids and run... already got the papers to change our second names 😅

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Defensive solidity, combined with directness is the order of the day.

Same double pivot setup for the bigger games, I’d start TP5 in that setup as he has the ability to play in tight spaces and unleash that killer through ball to our attackers. TP’s sometimes wayward passes are also covered if we’re keeping it tight.

At the back, drop both Zinny and Kiwi, we don’t need them for this type of game.

Upfront we going to need technicality in transition. So start either Trossard or Jesus in the 9.

Martinelli Trossard Saka
Ødegaard
Rice TP5
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This is clever and will expose how one sided we are tactically. Close off the right side where saka, white and Ødegaard plays and we are done. Tell Arsenal beat us in any other way if you can. It’s game like tonight our 170 million investment in the summer will be exposed how limited they are technically
A lot of sides have tried to stop our right side and failed. Will depend on which team is more switched on during the game. Just because they are prepping for it doesn't mean it is guaranteed to come off

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Gabby needs to get better friends...

...I reckon that's why he's been poor this season, they are forcing him down to their level by association.

A dog handler & a cardboard cut-out.

Gabriel could find better prospects on the floor of Moe's Tavern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom