• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
He is a fantastic shot stopper, one of the best, he also reads the game well knowing when to come charge out of the box, I hope though the new goalkeeping coach can work on his flapping on high balls, although I have seen some improvement in recent times, he still looks shaky punching balls when entering the fray.

The biggest disappointment is distribution, either too slow when releasing for pass out from the back or his long balls are pretty shocking, seldom does he land the ball in a decent channel to benefit our attackers,
Just needs a tweak and this guy could be legit elite.

I feel like he often look to get a quick pass to start an attack. Usually it's zoomed in on him so you can't see, but i get the feeling that players might not always be in a good spot/position to use it.
I do agree that it doesn't feel like he distribute it well though.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Interesting to read Lehman's view on him - fantastic shot stopper, generally good decision maker but needs to be forceful and vocal in arranging the defence in front of him.

I'd probably go with that, he's a little too passive when really need a leader at the back. Still time to work on that side of his game though (and tbf can't legislate for some of the performances in front of him recently, enough to make a grown man weep)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Sure, he can work on his authority, and probably will be better as he is young for a goalkeeper and have his prime years ahead of him but to let that overshadow his strengths is insane. No names given tho

Wryer

Glad to see this bumped up. Was thinking it's probably still in some odd pages.

What a quality keeper. The club form is the only reason he is not held to the same esteem as the likes of Ederson and Alisson. Leno has improved since joining us, amidst the adversity. His shop stopping is unquestionable, but he has also improved his command of the box and his handling. The ability to play out is also extremely valuable.

Give him a new contract now.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The more I see that De Bruyne save, the better it gets.

One of the saves of the season, KDB absolutely smashed it. Unreal stop.

I thought the one he did yesterday to deny Harry Wilson was class, couldn't see and it was some shot from Wilson.

Thank God the goal from the deflection didn't count.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi and Sokratis should thank the gods that they don't have Lehmann behind them. They'd be dead by now.

That being said, Lehmann would have been in the asylum with those two in front.

Leno is our perfect stoic for trying times.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
That save against Liverpool Wilson before end of game was fantastic. Good to see in last 2 games he only faced 3 shots on target.

You'd fancy Leno to save 75% of shots faced so limiting the opposition to a small handful of chances means we'd see a fair amount of clean sheets, good news all round tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom