• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm going to continue to support Emi, but hate that this forum is making me want to see him fail at times.

Leno being compared to Almunia?! Some of these guys must not have seen him in goal against Barca in '06. Literally cost us our first CL title.
Probably the only fanbase who has agenda for players as a higher priority than the good of the team. Shudder to think what would've happened if some of the twitters folk were actually at the game. They'd be booing Leno every time he misplaced a pass.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Also our ability to play out of the back so seamlessly is gone now because Leno underhits every single pass. Can't even do the simple chip to the wing backs cleanly.

That's completely nonsense.
We played the same way out of the back today like we did with Emi. We just scored a goal against Fulham due to this.

Martinez never played special passes, he played the same 5 yard passes like Leno today. There aren't underhits, but you will never have a 100% accuracy in these moments.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
That's completely nonsense.
We played the same way out of the back today like we did with Emi. We just scored a goal against Fulham due to this.

Martinez never played special passes, he played the same 5 yard passes like Leno today. There aren't underhits, but you will never have a 100% accuracy in these moments.

Does Leno know how to hoof the ball and find a. Arsenal player? I've. Ever seen him try....he over complicated things. Imagine if we could have PEA or Nketiah beat the last defender with a long ball from our keeper.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Stop using Emi in your arguments he is gone. Focus on Lenos many faults. He made standard textbook saves like a average/above keeper. He is nothing phenomenal. Last season was last season. Talk about him now.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Stop using Emi in your arguments he is gone. Focus on Lenos many faults. He made standard textbook saves like a average/above keeper. He is nothing phenomenal. Last season was last season. Talk about him now.
I think Leno critics need to make up their minds cause as far as I can see they're the only ones who keep bringing Martinez up. Can't have it both ways when it suits your agenda

Miyata

We need to stand behind Leno, confidence can crush a goalkeeper's career.
Hé is here now, hé won't dissapear so let's judge him at the end of the season.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We need to stand behind Leno, confidence can crush a goalkeeper's career.
Hé is here now, hé won't dissapear so let's judge him at the end of the season.
Arsenal fans:
tenor.png

shoot for the top

There was an instance today, the corner came in and VVD knocked Leno over. Some refs might let that go. That's why having a gk with a good command of the area is important.

Malky

Established Member
Seriously, what's the obsession with Martinez? Talk on here makes it seem like his passing was peak Özil/Cazorla, when it was bang average and apparently he never fumbles the ball, " his hands are like glue, the ball just sticks to them " when he literally ****ed up for Villa hours before the game and got off with the help of VAR.
Play around the 1:30 minute mark. Imagine the meltdown if Leno did that :facepalm:

moloso

Leno is decent but it's constant panic stations when balls are put in the box and always has been.

We've had much worse keepers and the form/skillset of Martinez has highlighted his weaknesses pretty starkly but he really needs to settle down.

Pleased to see him get that VVD free kick after trying to claim a corner - made the point a few pages back, if you go up strong enough without flapping you will probably get a free kick, so hopefully that's being drilled into him.

But for the love of God, please put some ****ing weight on the passes out from the back! I'd be amazed if that isn't improved upon in the next couple of games.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Seriously, what's the obsession with Martinez? Talk on here makes it seem like his passing was peak Özil/Cazorla, when it was bang average and apparently he never fumbles the ball, " his hands are like glue, the ball just sticks to them " when he literally ****ed up for Villa hours before the game and got off with the help of VAR.
Play around the 1:30 minute mark. Imagine the meltdown if Leno did that :facepalm:

He knew that was offside so sold them false hope, what an amazing Goalie wish we never sold him. Leno wouldn't have that quick thinking.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I hate this fanbase ffs

Think it's more this forum in all fairness. I follow guys on Twitter who really know their stuff on football and it's much easier to read and understand their views because you know it's been thought through and processed.

There's about 3 posters on this forum who are worth listening to when it comes to football, the rest are losers trying to fit in somewhere in life since outside this site they have nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom