• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakarta

This guy is everything that’s wrong with the modern era.

A man without the aggressive manliness.

No cojones.

GunnerShy

Club backed Leno. He has been seriously good for us since joining.

Emi was superb when he got his opportunity but it was a small sample size and I remember some really ordinary efforts as recent as last season in the cups.
Time for people to get over it and move on. It's certainly not where we need to he focusing our attention.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

But but Leno. No keepers immune of mistakes.

I’m assuming the people on here that are criticising Leno aren’t really focusing on his mistakes as every goalkeeper makes them but more his attributes and his glaring weaknesses in comparison to Emi Martinez. Him flapping at everything in the air is a huge concern and causes a lot of panic to our defence.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Think it's more this forum in all fairness. I follow guys on Twitter who really know their stuff on football and it's much easier to read and understand their views because you know it's been thought through and processed.

There's about 3 posters on this forum who are worth listening to when it comes to football, the rest are losers trying to fit in somewhere in life since outside this site they have nothing.
Yeah there’s defo people compensating for something on this site :lol:

Moah

I’m assuming the people on here that are criticising Leno aren’t really focusing on his mistakes as every goalkeeper makes them but more his attributes and his glaring weaknesses in comparison to Emi Martinez. Him flapping at everything in the air is a huge concern and causes a lot of panic to our defence.
What was Emi doing on that video then, trying to pouch it like a kangaroo?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What was Emi doing on that video then, trying to pouch it like a kangaroo?

If you can read then look at what I posted. I said they’re basing it on attributes/ability rather than errors as every goalkeeper makes them. I can play the same game if you’re highlighting errors, Leno’s weak wrists gifted Liverpool their first goal, are you forgetting that?

Moah

If you can read then look at what I posted. I said they’re basing it on attributes/ability rather than errors as every goalkeeper makes them. I can play the same game if you’re highlighting errors, Leno’s weak wrists gifted Liverpool their first goal, are you forgetting that?
Weaknesses result in errors, you call it an error for Emi and weakness for Leno. You can believe what ever you want but we will all be able to see Emi's true quality now that he is a starter.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Forget about comparing him to Emi. He was far from flawless himself despite his good run of form. The fact remains Leno is very shaky on crosses, corners and free-kicks either from crossing positions or ones from down the field punted into the box. These are a massive weak point for him. We can't just ignore them and pretend he's flawless. People are way too touchy over this. I've heard both Keown and Adams talk about Leno's weaknesses, and these lads played as CB's so they'll know what they want from a goalkeeper. All CB's want a goal-keeper to come and take control in those situations. Unless Leno improves that aspect of his game our defence won't feel at ease in those situations.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Weaknesses result in errors, you call it an error for Emi and weakness for Leno. You can believe what ever you want but we will all be able to see Emi's true quality now that he is a starter.

No, I’m not doing that.

You showed me one error that Emi Martinez done but I don’t understand what have you concluded from that? Leno has a glaring weakness and people like you are getting touchy about it. He’s terrible in the air and eventually it will cost us like it did last year against Chelsea.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Martinez aggressive keeping is a plaster over a **** defence/ midfield. Shouldn’t be used as something to knock Leno with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom