• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Arsenal Matches You Have Seen Live In The Flesh...HD!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Carrying on from the theme of recent "best of", thought I would go for the best Arsenal games we have all been to at Highbury/Emirates/other grounds...before anyone says it though, I am assuming that everyone here has been to Anfield in 1989, so lets just leave that one out shall we ;)

1. Arsenal v Middlesbrough 2004, 5-3...easy first choice for me, absolutely love this game...was almost in tears as a 12 year old at 3-1, wanted the unbeaten record so badly...the football we played to comeback was unbelievable, teams must have loathed playing us back then...we were better, bigger and just sexier than everyone!

My dad went to get me a coke just before Middlesbrough scored their second and missed it, so when Bergkamp scored he thought it was 2-2...he turned to me and said "least you have the record again", there was a massive guy on the seat next to him, that I thought was gonna slap the taste right out of his mouth for jinxing it!

2. Arsenal Legends v Milan Legends 2016, 4-2...picking this one, obviously for the pointless nostalgia, but also because this is when it started getting really hard for Arsène and this was a nice little rest from that...losing the league to Leicester the previous year was the peak of many fans frustration with Arsène, mine too...so to just get the old gang back together for just one more time was amazing...even if Henry and Bergkamp pulling out the day before was a swift kick in the balls!

Bobby and Freddie just looked in tremendous fitness, best wing display the Emirates probably ever saw...Kanu bagging a hattrick, despite trying to start the game as our 12th player...Parlour injuring himself with his first shot, then being seen in the group photo after the game with a beer in hand...etc, etc...just a great game, beautiful day and the Milan team had top legends too.

This was the first Arsenal game I watched live with my mum, she got into football/Arsenal through me, so it was like a weird switch of a parent taking their kid to their first game, was really happy for her...plus, the day before I was in an arcade with my dad playing some air hockey, he had a cup of coffee which he accidentally spilled on the table...he told me, "Wait here, I know what to do" he then bolted out of the arcade, quickest I have ever saw him run...I froze for a bit before eventually getting the hell out of dodge, didn't see my dad for a few hours until we were all back at the hotel...I asked him what his plan was, he told me to let me deal with it...sneaky bastard :rofl:

Hope to see what great Arsenal games yous have all been too, trying to keep it to your top 1, 2 or 3 or so, so we are not all putting down the same games...also, if you have any funny stories from during the game do share to...come on AM, lets get closer as a couple!

Last edited:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
tottenham-child-crying.jpg

Away end at WHL in a 4-1 ET Arsenal win. Good times.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Probably the last one I went to 3-2 against Everton. The 6-0 win over Blackpool nearly a decade ago now also was a good one.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
02/03 at home to Bolton, last minute winner. Henry missed a penalty and Seaman let one go in over his head, a matter of months after Ronaldinho. I got punched in the head when the winner went in in. Saw another last minute winner that year, can't remember the game though. Might have been Fulham

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Arsenal - Atleti in the Emirates cup, but it's because that was the only match I was able to attend ever.

It did have a great moment tho, because Rosicky was coming back from injury and the whole ground gave him a huge cheer when they were announcing the line up.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Arsenal - Man City in gothenburg was quite a fun game. Akpom scoring and Elneny running the show from deep. Peps first game as a city coach i think

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Arsenal 3-1 Juventus, late 2001
Arsenal 3-1 Manchester United, late 2001
Arsenal 1-2 Barcelona, May 2006 (despite the devastation)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal 3-1 Juventus, late 2001
Arsenal 3-1 Manchester United, late 2001

Matthew Upson having Trezeguet and Horse-face in his back pocket in these two matches, his career peaked in these matches!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

One of the first games I went to was an FA Cup replay I think when Henry completely mugged off Cudicini against Chelsea. Can’t remember the year or final score although I think we won.

I went to the 2014 FA Cup semi final against Wigan which was heart attack stuff.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
One of the first games I went to was an FA Cup replay I think when Henry completely mugged off Cudicini against Chelsea. Can’t remember the year or final score although I think we won.

I went to the 2014 FA Cup semi final against Wigan which was heart attack stuff.
Was that the game in Feb 2001? If so, that was my very first game as well!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Arsenal 2 Barcelona 1

Delayed flight meant I was on the tarmac in Malaga four hours before kick-off trying to get off the plane so I could at least watch the game on telly.

They wouldn't let me off so I was forced to fly, ran to the Heathrow Express and then tube to King's Cross and Arsenal and raced to the stadium where the score was still 0-0 as I went through the turnstiles. Then as I ran up the steps a huge groan and I knew they'd scored. They had.

The rest is history. Jack Wilshere's finest hour (literally) we outplayed them and overturned the result. As I saw that high lofted cross towards Arshavin I knew he was going to score. Glorious night. We'd have knocked them out if it hadn't been for the usual Barcelona cheating when they're in trouble, the referee wrongfully dismissing Van Persie, or Bendtner had a longer toe.

I've only been to three games. Arsenal - Olympiacos back in the day. Think it ended 2-0. Arsenal - Crystal Palace 2-1, late winner. Then my least favorite Arsenal - Brighton 1-2.

Don't think I will travel again for Arsenal game but it was an experience for a lifetime for sure!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
2 August 2014: Arsenal 5 Benfica 1

The day on which Yaya Sanogo did what few Arsenal players have done, score FOUR goals in a game as he single-handedly destroyed the twice-winners of the European Cup.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I attended my first NLD earlier this season, although the result wasn't great, the atmosphere was electric. I've never seen The Emirates like that before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom