• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best english midfielders

Anocht

There are many english midfielders; and not only that: many of them play very well. Here's my top five. Yours?

1. Frank Lampard
2. Steven Gerrard
3. Shaun Wright-Phillips
4. Stewart Downing
5. Lee Hendrie

...and I'm sure that Jermaine Pennant would be one of the best whether Wenger gives him more chances. Don't you think?

gakc1

Lee Hendrie... really?

1. Steven Gerrard - Different class this season and end of last.
2. Frank Lampard - Vital for Chelsea (not quite as good as Gerrard though)
3. Shaun W-P - Wenger likes him he must be good (and he is)
4. David Beckham -Despite all the criticism still the best English mid at passing.
5. Jermaine Jenas -

stevieboy2k

1) Stevie Gerrard - awesome player
2) Scholes - continually proves his quality
3) Lampard- nearly as good as Scholes altho nowhere near as complete as Gerrard
4) Wright Phillips- Superb prospect
5) Beckham

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
1. Gerrard- Potentially the best midfielder in the world, almost complete in all facets of the game
2. Scholes- Best English attacking mid, still the most creative and best range of passing
3. Lampard- Cross between Gerrard and Scholes, but with lesser class
5. SWP- England's best natural winger
4. Beckham- Still useful for set-pieces, and is the best long passer

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Mark said:
Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, SWP, Downing.

would agree with all but Downing... too early for him yet... only been good this season....if he continues his form after this season, then maybe...the rest have been good for a while (with maybe the exception of SWP, but its been longer than just this season).....

and who on earth said Lee Hendrie??? sheesh

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Joe Cole? Mr. Inconsistency himself?? no way... talent yes, application, no... Pennant has talent too, but he isnt even close

ol

1. Steven Gerrard by far the best in England, possibly in the world (?)
2. non
3. non
4. Shaun Wright Phillips
5. Frank Lampard

JB

1- Gerrard (the best miedfielder in Europe)
2- Lampard
3- Scholes
4- Right Philipps
5- Downing

In England You can see the Real Madrid matches? Beckham, out the free kicks is a very mediocre player. He plays because he sell a lot of t-shirts around the world.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom