• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best manager in the world ?

Best manager in the world ?

• Total voters

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I didn't see this thread on AM and maybe it would be interesting topic to talk about it.So,who is the best football manager in the world in your opinion ? Votes will be only for active managers.I put most recognizable managers in the list and you can say who's your favourite.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
At this particular time - I would pick Conte. I just love how tactically aware he is and what he did with Juve, Italy and now Chelsea is great. I do love our Arsène though and Simeone is great along with Klopp.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Zidane - a league win with a team on paper that shouldn't come close to Barcelona who boast the greatest player of all time and the second best player in the world at the moment. Although Barcelona's poor pick of manager in Enrique has played a part. Plus two CLS in a row.

Conte and Allegri next.

Last edited:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Pep was also rated as best manager when he was in Barca,he had great team and Barca had good players.Think that his reputation went down in Bayern and even more in City.

Simeone and Ancelotti for me.

Wilshere1010

Zidane - a league win with a team on paper that shouldn't come close to Barcelona who boast the greatest player of all time and the second best player in the world at the moment. Although Barcelona's poor pick of manager in Enrique has played a part. Plus two CLS in a row.

Conte and Allegri next.
I wouldn't say it shouldn't come close. Real have a better defence and the best midfield in the world. They are a better all round team than Barca. That doesn't take anything away from Zidane's achievements though.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I wouldn't say it shouldn't come close. Real have a better defence and the best midfield in the world. They are a better all round team than Barca. That doesn't take anything away from Zidane's achievements though.

Also,Real had luck last season with easy draw in CL,they were no where near the best team in competition.I don't take anything from Zidane,time will tell how good he is.It's always doubt how good manager is when he had world-class team.

Wilshere1010

Also,Real had luck last season with easy draw in CL,they were no where near the best team in competition.I don't take anything from Zidane,time will tell how good he is.It's always doubt how good manager is when he had world-class team.
Yeah its why I have doubts about Pep to this day. Managers like Allegri and Simeone I naturally seem to rate more because they compete with squads that don't have the stars that Bayern, Barca and Madrid do (still good squads though) and not as much resources.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Midfield I agree the Kroos and Modric combo is awesome. However defensively Barcelona are much better, even with that twit Enrique in charge they managed to concede fewer goals. The likes of Marcelo and Ramos get all the media attention due to their attacking play but are very poor defensively.

Player for player Barcelona defenders are better defensively:

Alba > Marcelo
Pique > Ramos
Umtiti > Varane

The only Madrid defender I would take is Carvajal over Roberto.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Midfield I agree the Kroos and Modric combo is awesome. However defensively Barcelona are much better, even with that twit Enrique in charge they managed to concede fewer goals. The likes of Marcelo and Ramos get all the media attention due to their attacking play but are very poor defensively.

Player for player Barcelona defenders are better defensively:

Alba > Marcelo
Pique > Ramos
Umtiti > Varane

The only Madrid defender I would take is Carvajal over Roberto.

I agree,but Barca's focus was always on good offense and mf.They were never so exposed in defence so i don't take as a big advantage when you compare Real vs Barca at the moment.Also,Real's first choice was Pepe who is better CB than Pique and Umtiti.

But i reckon that mf is the biggest difference between sides.When Xavi and Iniesta played their best football,Barca always had main word in CL and La Liga.Situation is quite different now.

Yeah Barcelona have second best player in the world and third and fourth best player in the world in their attack. Better defense and their midfield is not that bad either.

Real Madrid have a good team with best player in the world at the moment but Barcelona still better team overall in quality.

Zidane done very good job.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Yeah Barcelona have second best player in the world and third and fourth best player in the world in their attack. Better defense and their midfield is not that bad either.

Real Madrid have a good team with best player in the world at the moment but Barcelona still better team overall in quality.

Zidane done very good job.

Attack is only part when Barca is really better.Other is on Madrid's side,but mf is biggest difference.Kroos and Modric are top class.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger is an old battler who's done something all the others haven't. . . managed incredible consistency over a long period . . with money, without money, whoever he's been forced to sell, whatever the injuries.

Even last season when he lost out in the top 4 by one point. He still beat the champions to the Cup. You can never write that guy off. You can't even sink him psychologically, as some of our fans and Mourinho have tried . . . . he still rises like a cork.

The man is a legend and in 100 yrs time they'll say . . . . Pep who? But Wenger will be immortal and his quotes trotted out like Bill Shankly and Alex Ferguson.

He is the best in my opinion . . . . the only one made of true steel, solid determination and genuine class. :lol:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I would say that Mourinho was probably the best manager until 2011.Porto,Chelsea,Inter.You can hate him all day long but he achieved something special with those teams.

Great managers have too be flexible and to adapt situation.Also,with limited budget they can get great results,even when some great players left team.Simeone is probably the best example of that.

Ancelotti is also there,but don't think that he is the best manager in the world at this moment.Like his spells with Real,Chelsea and Milan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom