• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Big Arsenal Interview - BBC Sport

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think the fact that he's showing his face, giving interviews, talking to the fans, is a positive sign. First we criticized the Kroenke's for hiding, not speaking etc. now they speak we don't believe them...
Also, much to suggest that Josh is not like his father in terms of how he views sport.

I think the fact that he's showing his face, giving interviews, talking to the fans, is a positive sign. First we criticized the Kroenke's for hiding, not speaking etc. now they speak we don't believe them...

You can fall for it sheep! I ain't. I'm still waiting for us to model Bayern or Leicester success.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Leicester success.
Please explain? 1 fluke season and suddenly they're the model to follow? I get that they have continued, for the previous couple of seasons, on an upward trend but they are still being robbed of their best players each window and have yet to cement themselves as a top side. Why should we emulate something that is not proven to be a winning formula?

Also find the Bayern comparison strange. Completely different league, competing in completely different circumstances... Virtually impossible to emulate in our current climate. They have the pick of the creme de la creme of youngsters there.

Please explain? 1 fluke season and suddenly they're the model to follow? I get that they have continued, for the previous couple of seasons, on an upward trend but they are still being robbed of their best players each window and have yet to cement themselves as a top side. Why should we emulate something that is not proven to be a winning formula?

Also find the Bayern comparison strange. Completely different league, competing in completely different circumstances... Virtually impossible to emulate in our current climate. They have the pick of the creme de la creme of youngsters there.

It wasnt me who said this.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I prefer Josh to Stan. His words materialised in to a great summer in his pre season interviews. It earns a little open mindedness from me. That's not to say I'm convinced yet, but at least they've given us some reason to be positive now.

I actually think the clubs actions in the last couple of seasons have been OK in line with our issues being out of the champions league. The real damage was done before that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What is our netspend this window if we take installments and top add ons for both in and out goings?

I said it woukd be somewhere around 60 M but guessing it is somewhere neae 80-90 M? And we are propabky hoping for 25 M for Mustafi and Elneny.

It is good if we are spending more. Positive sign. But this is still all money that the club generated by it self and has been sitting on for way too long. So long that we fell very far behind...
This isnt wrong. But what weve seen is a positive change.

New left back, new centre back, new midfielder and a wide forward. Everything everyone asked for. Weve rebuilt the spine of the team as well in the last few windows. Auba, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi, Sokratis.

We are making massive changes on and off the field with the last 3 windows showing we are being pro active rather than reactive. That interview is reinforcing what we saw. Now the next steps are to continue to build upon that. A strong league campaign followed by pro active recruitment, some of which is already in place with Saliba.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The fact is media oulets were pushing this narrative of 45m to spend insisting on how we won't be able to strenghten properly. Basically the usual doom and gloom of Arsenal transfer season. Now they're trying to fit this narrative again in the context of installments (as if Arsenal invented it) trying to save their faces by downplaying our business with Gross spend equal to the ''reported'' budget while they should be pointing out we bought quality players in value of 100m+.

At no point did I say Arsenal had confirmed the £45m budget or that it was true, I just pointed out that Swiss Ramble claims our gross spend was £46m + wages taking it to about £70m. That figure has dropped further due to sales so gross spend is lower, as I posted in other posts today. I also didnt claim we invented instalments either. Sometimes its good to read the whole conversation before jumping it!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just saw the interview i like how Josh is becoming more involved yes they are still far away to win Arsenal fans but i like what Josh doing he promise us to deliver in transfer market and the club did that. let's hope now they keep it up and not go quiet.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom