<

Big Arsenal Interview - BBC Sport

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 19, 2019.

1. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think the fact that he's showing his face, giving interviews, talking to the fans, is a positive sign. First we criticized the Kroenke's for hiding, not speaking etc. now they speak we don't believe them...

2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Also, much to suggest that Josh is not like his father in terms of how he views sport.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

You can fall for it sheep! I ain't. I'm still waiting for us to model Bayern or Leicester success.

arsenefc likes this.
  4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Please explain? 1 fluke season and suddenly they're the model to follow? I get that they have continued, for the previous couple of seasons, on an upward trend but they are still being robbed of their best players each window and have yet to cement themselves as a top side. Why should we emulate something that is not proven to be a winning formula?

Also find the Bayern comparison strange. Completely different league, competing in completely different circumstances... Virtually impossible to emulate in our current climate. They have the pick of the creme de la creme of youngsters there.

5. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I can already see your out of context references to this interview three months from now. :facepalm:

IrishKookaburra, Gooner416 and Trilly like this.
  6. hydrofluoric acid

I wont even watch the interview but alright sure sheep.

7. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

well honest of you to admit you don't know what you're talking about

8. hydrofluoric acid

It wasnt me who said this.

9. hydrofluoric acid

Ive heard these interviews before. Someone promising something in hope to ramp up his business so he can make more money! As before Im not holding my breath of those promises to come true.

arsenefc likes this.
  10. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

hydro bullying the posters who don't agree with him.

Classic.

11. hydrofluoric acid

Weird to say that I'm bullying when its actually me that is getting bullied for having different opinion than the sheeps. Guess you hate me now too.

Trilly likes this.
  12. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Jesus. Ur like a parking guard that couldnt become a bouncer.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  13. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

I prefer Josh to Stan. His words materialised in to a great summer in his pre season interviews. It earns a little open mindedness from me. That's not to say I'm convinced yet, but at least they've given us some reason to be positive now.

I actually think the clubs actions in the last couple of seasons have been OK in line with our issues being out of the champions league. The real damage was done before that.

Hleb's Sirush likes this.
  14. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

This isnt wrong. But what weve seen is a positive change.

New left back, new centre back, new midfielder and a wide forward. Everything everyone asked for. Weve rebuilt the spine of the team as well in the last few windows. Auba, Lacazette, Torreira, Guendouzi, Sokratis.

We are making massive changes on and off the field with the last 3 windows showing we are being pro active rather than reactive. That interview is reinforcing what we saw. Now the next steps are to continue to build upon that. A strong league campaign followed by pro active recruitment, some of which is already in place with Saliba.

Aevi likes this.
  15. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

At no point did I say Arsenal had confirmed the £45m budget or that it was true, I just pointed out that Swiss Ramble claims our gross spend was £46m + wages taking it to about £70m. That figure has dropped further due to sales so gross spend is lower, as I posted in other posts today. I also didnt claim we invented instalments either. Sometimes its good to read the whole conversation before jumping it!

16. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Don't care about your opinion but resorting to namecalling other posters is out of line. Get it sorted.

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Just saw the interview i like how Josh is becoming more involved yes they are still far away to win Arsenal fans but i like what Josh doing he promise us to deliver in transfer market and the club did that. let's hope now they keep it up and not go quiet.

18. hydrofluoric acid

:rofl::lol:

19. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

He's right, cut it out.

20. hydrofluoric acid

:Celebration: