• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Big Ron does it again

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
a couple questions:

1. does it involve YOU either?

No, but if it did, then i'd be offended and hurt that someone is making a mockery out of my race, judging me categorically AND basically saying other races are in appearance, or whatever it may be, superior to mine.

2. do you want to go there about if it were MY race being offended? i am a caucasian American. you dont think we get slammed on every single day all over the world? get real...

Right, this is the perfect example of what i am saying. YOU dont sound too happy at being singled out because of your race - but 'arent those people who are slamming you entitled to their opinion ? Is it not ok for them to show you what they feel about caucasian americans ? Would it not be racist for them to claim all of the caucasians are say prats for example, just because they met one or two that happened to be prats ?

there are just as many ugly white American women in the world as there are ugly Chinese, African, Arab, Russian, European, Spanish, etc... Conversely, there are attractive American, Chinese, African, Arab, Russian, European, Spanish, etc women in the world as well...

As i said in my previous post, the guy is claiming other races are superior to that of chinese females. It is simply prejudice based on race, he is disempowers people by devaluing their identity. People like him destroy community cohesion and create divisions in society.

I think you are mistaking my comment on whether or not I thought it was RACIST with how I actually feel about the subject matter. I don't AGREE with what he said, and he was certainly a right idiot to say it, expecially in a public "forum", but I still dont think it is racist...

But if it wasnt racist then why was he an idiot to say it ?

I think the race card is played too often these days. Commenting about how you find one race attractive/not attractive is not the same thing as racial profiling, societal persecution, slavery, etc. Those are the big issues, not whether or not Ron Atkinson finds Chinese women unattractive...

I completely agree that people quickly jump to conclusions in today's modern society - but i honestly do not think this is one of those occasions. First of all, nobody asked him what he thaught of chinese women. Secondly, even if he HAD to make his feelings known, then as you said - it would have been perfeclty fine for him to 'comment' about the issue - but he simply did not do that. He was obviously mocking them and showing them a complete lack of respect with his little 'joke'

Yes, issues such as societal persecution and slavery are much more serious than this - but that does not make this any less racist. Racism started because people believed a certain race is inherently superior or inferior to others and that individuals should be treated differently based on their ascribed race - are those comments not suggesting chinese women are inferior to women of other races ?

This is simply reigniting all the dark issues we are trying to get rid of and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that comments like that will not help. Just imagine how much something like that can affect a child's view about respect, just imagine you are a child and you hear something like that - you will inevitably believe chinese women are inferior to any other women.

The fact of the matter is that whether or not Atkinson's comments were explicit, tacit or unconscious, they had the power to have a negative effect on those discriminated against at a societal level - THAT IS RACISM.

Mark

Established Member
He doesn't even say he doesn't LIKE chinese women he just says he finds them unattractive. I really think this is one of those situations where it's being taken too seriously, Jose.

stormtrooper

Taozhe said:
stormtrooper said:
Taozhe said:
That's strange, he probably seldom see beautiful women. Chinese women are pretty too and there are ugly white women as well. Agreed with the difference in views and opinions though.

Here's evidence of beautiful chinese women. Excuse the huge photos. Worth the wait.

http://img58.exs.cx/img58/3248/4139.jpg
oh do come on is that the best pic u can come up with she is a right old dog and i would not touch that with yours lol :lol:

I guess it would take more flesh to impress ya? ;D
yes a little more flesh would be absolutely fantastic taozhe :lol:

Asterix

Established Member
From www.dictionary.com:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Ron's comments fall into the first half of definition 1, and by generalizing about 700 million people based on their race seems a trifle old fashioned. I think his coments fall more into the category of mis-guided and old-buffoon-ish than racist, but he's treading a fine line.

USArsenal - Americans aren't bagged all over the world because they're Caucasian Americans - it's just beacuse we think you all must be like George W. :lol:

Now, where's Mad Jens and his castration kit when you need it. (if this comment mystifies you read nearly any other previous thread that got on to the topic of racism)

Canuck

Established Member
stormtrooper said:
Taozhe said:
stormtrooper said:
Taozhe said:
That's strange, he probably seldom see beautiful women. Chinese women are pretty too and there are ugly white women as well. Agreed with the difference in views and opinions though.

Here's evidence of beautiful chinese women. Excuse the huge photos. Worth the wait.

oh do come on is that the best pic u can come up with she is a right old dog and i would not touch that with yours lol :lol:

Come on now, you might not find her attractive, but would you describe her as ugly?

Ridge

USArsenal said:
does it involve YOU either?
If you ask me this, then YES. because I'm Chinese.

But I just dont give a damn, racists are everywhere, people never heard of Michael Jackson's Black Or White before. :)

I just ignore these people, as long theres no racism in football.

seb_afc

Established Member
its just his point of view. if he thinks chinese people are ugly then thats his opinion..IMO its not racist.. but he can say what he likes now because he cant get a job in football anymore so whats he got to loose?

stormtrooper

Canuck said:
stormtrooper said:
Taozhe said:
stormtrooper said:
Taozhe said:

Come on now, you might not find her attractive, but would you describe her as ugly?
well not the type of girl i would go for but if it was offered to me on a plate i would not turn it down :lol:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Spinksy said:
USArsenal - Americans aren't bagged all over the world because they're Caucasian Americans - it's just beacuse we think you all must be like George W. :lol:

hmm.......... one small hole in that theory.. Americans have been hated around the world LONNNNNNNNNNNNG before Dubya was the president...

as for Jose's comments about me not liking being singled out because of my race, you are completely wrong again mate... i honestly could give 2 ****s less about it... if you (not you PERSONALLY) don't like caucasian Americans, thats YOUR problem, not mine... all i said was that people around the world dont like us, not that i cared one way or another if they did...

that is the difference between my thought process and other people's who are just offended by everything... its only racist and offensive if you really care what other people SAY....

"sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"... whatever happened to that?

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom