• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Birmingham v Arsenal Player Ratings

dutchMasta

Almunia 6 (Not much to do, but conceded 2 goals, possibly could've done better for the 1st, though looked v hard)
Sagna 7 (Good game for his brother)
Gallas 6.5 (Decent, won some good balls early)
Senderos 6.5 (Decent)
Clichy 5 (Some pointless long balls, average crosses, but half-decent until the lapse of concentration, possibly a whistle from the crowd that confused him)
Walcott 8 (Ok in general play, but 2 great goals for his debut which should've won us the game)
Fabregas 6.5 (Slow start, got better, but too many long balls for my liking)
Flamini 6.5 (Should've cleared at the end, otherwise, decent)
Hleb 6.5 (Not his best, but took part in our better attacks, but needs to shoot, 2 GREAT opportunities)
Bendtner 5.5 (Average, lost ball often)
Adebayor 5.5 (Average, and wasted a great chance through selfishness)

Edu N/A (Get well soon!!)

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 5
Sagna - 7
Gallas - 6
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 4 (More for the final ball than his mistake)
Walcott - 7
Fabregas - 6.5
Flamini - 6.5
Hleb - 7
Adebayor - 3
Eduardo - 46 (Get well soon)

Bendtner - 6

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Almunia - 5 should have done a little bit better with the free kick
Sagna - 7
Gallas - 6
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 6 he was oke for the whole game but that penalty was dramatic,
Walcott - 7 (Second half peformance)
Fabregas - 6.5
Flamini - 6.5
Hleb - 7
Adebayor - 5,5
Eduardo - Get well, Edu,

Bendtner - 5,5

go49oner

Established Member
Almunia - 5
Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 4 His crossing have been very wastefully today.
Walcott - 7 Amazing what bit confidence can do.
Fabregas - 6.5
Flamini - 6.5
Hleb - 6 Needs to shoot more
Adebayor - 3 SHOULD OF KILLED THE GAME OFF.
Eduardo - NA (Get well soon)

Bendtner - 5 disappointing performance.

Rocafella

Established Member
almunia 5 - could he have been any further from the corner mcfadden scored in?

sagna 6 - didn't really have to do too much defending. usual solid performance.

gallas 7 - dealt with mcfadden easily. forming a good partnership with phil.

senderos 8 - another good performance from him today and his distribution is getting better which is great to see.

clicky 5 - showed just how poor his crossing is today. criminal for the penalty and it cost us dearly.

walcott 7 - good today. his second goal was great, unlike hleb, he isn't afraid to shoot when presented with an opportunity.

fabregas 6 - kept things moving but it still doesn't feel like he's at his best. i think he's knackered tbh.

flamini 6 - average game.

hleb 7 - kept trying to force needle through a haystack pass through the brum backline but was still one of our best players. his unwillingness to shoot is beyond a joke now.

adebayor 5 - played for himself today. should of squared to bendtner.

eduardo - heartbroken for the guy.

AliBabaBrewer

Almunia - 6
Not much to do, but probably should've saved the free kick

Sagna - 7
Played and supported Walcott well

Gallas - 7
Had a decent game, but let the late penalty get to him. With good reason.

Senderos - 7
Continued to show himself as solid cover for Toure this game.

Clichy - 5
Got turned once or twice, and made a massive **** up for the late penalty, although in fairness, I don't see where they got 4 minutes injury time from.

Walcott - 8
Didn't seem to do too much, but what he did do, did excellantly. Will most likely be Eduardo's replacement.

Fabregas - 7
Personally I think he had a good game, and is more like the early-season Fabregas since the Milan game.

Flamini - 6
Was everywhere as usual, but had a few poor fouls and didn't do much.

Hleb - 7
Did great a lot of the time, but you could say he let the team down a little by not shooting. Still, when he gets that instinct, will be a Ronaldo challenger.

Adebayor - 6
Seemed off today, much like in the Milan game, but for different reasons. Milan did well defensively to stop him, but today he just seemed dodgy.

Eduardo - N/A
Good luck

Bendtner - 5
Did nothing as far as I saw. Had 2 shots. One too soft, one wide.

Denilson - N/A
Not sure if he touched the ball

Gilberto - N/A
Not sure if he touched the ball

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 5 - fault at the first conceded goal
Sagna - 6
Gallas - 6
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 6 - why couldn't he just bloody shoot?! There was no Henry around!
Cesc - 7
Flamini - 7
Walcott - 7 - his Premiership opening goals were shadowed by Eduardo's serious injury
Adebayor - 5
Bendtner - 5
Eduardo - n/a - He has my best wish for speedy recovery.

Gilberto - 6
Denilson - 5 -looked a bit off the pace

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - 5
Sagna - 6
Gallas - 6
Senderos - 6
Clichy - 4 (eventhough it wasn't a penalty i had to take off 1 for the fact it was given)
Walcott - 7
Fabregas - 6
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 6.5
Adebayor - 4
Eduardo - 100
Bendtner - 5

Bendtner - 6

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 5
Gallas 5
Senderos 6
Clichy 4
Sagna 6
Flamini 6
Fabregas 7
Hleb 6
Walcott 8
Adebayor 6
Eduardo N/A :)()

Bendtner 6
Denilson N/A
Gilberto N/A

lagos

Established Member
Almunia - 5 After Milan, I was hoping Wenger stayed with Jehns
Sagna - 6
Gallas - 6
Senderos - 6
Clichy - 5
Walcott - 7
Fabregas - 6
Flamini - 6
Hleb - 6.5
Adebayor - 4
Eduardo - 1000000000000000001
Bendtner - 5

giuliob

5=ordinary, average....
me = very upset...........

Almunia 4,5 I prefer Lehmann....always have......plain and simple...
Gallas 6 Not his best nor his worst.........
Senderos 7 Anchors the back line; solid
Clichy 5 I don't want to watch the replay just yet.....Flamini, the ref, and the kitchen sink (me) have all been blamed for his goof..... The score should have been 3-1 at least by that time....
Sagna 7 He and Phil the best defenders today....
Flamini 6.5 Still a bulldog....Kaka fatigue setting in?
Fabregas 7 Played well.....Still don't "grok" the long ball tactic...
Hleb 6 He really deserves higher but I'm so p*ssed off at him for being too unselfish....Shoot it..........
Walcott 7..5 Two needed goals....The kid delivered.......
Adebayor 4.5 What striker gets these kinds of opportunities and blows them all? I'm sick of it.......
Bendtner 5 His game doesn't seem to be evolving....Seems ordinary....His passing game needs a lot of work.......
Denilson N/A
Gilberto N/A

arsmile

Established Member
almunia-6.5- shoudnt have been expected te save the freekick in the top corner, but wether he COULD have saved it is another matter- there isnt too much difference between him and lehmann, and seeing as he is the only one who could possibly have a future with us...makes sense to stick with him i guess

sagna-7.5- good

gallas-5- rediculous behaviour come the penalty.final whistle, i mean, we are all upset but that was pathetic from ou 'leader'

senderos-7.5- good

clichy-4- dozens of whasted crosses and a disaterous lack of concentration- ok, so, he may have actually wonhe ball but he gave the ref he oppotunity to give the pen and that is inexcusable

walcott-8- 2 goals, very good- 2nd decent game this season

cesc-7- ok, good couple of shotsand long range ade passes

flamini-6.5- gave away a lot of silly freekicks

hleb-6.5- look ok, but a couple oppotunities to take a shot on were ignored

ade-5- ignored bendtner for a definite 3rd goal, kept going offside, won everyheader but they were all aimless

eduardo- i'm devistated for him, i couldnt concentrate thinking about it, so sorry for the lad and hope he comes back to us and picks up from where he left off- i really feel the est of the team needd to take on the responsibility to make sure we won a premiership winners medal for him, especially if people are talking like there is a chance that he may never be in a osition to get on in the future- but we let him down today

bendtner-6- poor touch, got in alll the right areas today though

what a shame....

Sammer

Established Member
Almunia 5 - his kicking was terrible today (unusual, because that is one of his strongpoints).

Sagna 7,5 - rock solid

Gallas 6 - OK, but he is acting like a clown. The lads need a captain to instill confidence now, not a whining captain sitting on his arse on the pitch after the game

Senderos - 7.5. -very solid again

Clichy - 6 - ok game and even though he did f*ck up, this type of mistake can happen to any player.

Walcott - 8 - brilliant, confidence-building performance

Cesc - 6.5 - mixed bags. Very sloppy in the first half, better in the 2nd

Hleb - 8 - another great performance

Flamini - 7 - solid

Adebayor - 4.5 - extremely frustrating

Bendtner - 5 ineffective, didn't link to our play at all

kamikaze80

Established Member
martin taylor : -9,999,999
put me in in the 90th minute the next time we play brum and are winning and i'll make sure he gets whats coming to him. sickening.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 4 - lehmann please. i think this performance was one of the worst from manny this season.

Sagna 8 - superb performance as usual.

Gallas 7 - i love his reaction tbh. on tuesday against milan he was motivating the players shouting at the top of his voice during warmup before match. today after clichy conceded penalty, he cried and sat at the sidelines, kicking the hoarding board. he have real passion for arsenal.

Senderos - 7.5 - solid

Clichy - 5 - he cost us the game and whatever merits he had in the game should be rightly taken off. wtf is he doing.

Walcott - 8 - superb. the way he was running at players after his goal shows his newfound confidence.

Cesc - 6 - i still havent seen a good performance from him in epl since dec

Hleb - 8 - great performance, tried very hard to create something, but he keep refusing to shoot in promising positions. he can shoot and should believe in himself. also, his crossing is fantastic

Flamini - 6.5 - abit of headless chicken at times

Adebayor - 4 - wtf

eduardo N.A - get well soon :(

Subs
Bendtner - 5.5 - slightly better than ade, but still pathetic

gilberto N.A

denilson N.A

Ooh to be a gooner

Almunia - 5 - A top keeper would have saved the free kick
Sagna - 7 - Solid as ever
Senderos - 7 - Toure will not walk back into the side when he recovers from his injury
Gallas - 7 - I was disappointed by his antics at the end of the game. But he showed he cares, just maybe not in the most productive way
Clichy - 5 - Poor crossing throughout the game, and indecision for the penalty award.
Walcott - 7.5 - Took both his goals well, especially the Henryesque second
Flamini - 5 - Just as culpable as Clichy for the penalty, because he failed to deal with the ball by clearing it into row z, instead he played his team mate into trouble
Cesc - 6 - Understandably he looked visibly shaken by the horror tackle on Eduardo. Way too many long balls to Ade
Hleb - 6 - Please shoot when you have a clear goal scoring opportunity rather than defer the responsibility by passing to a team mate.
Ade - 6 - Please pass when you have a team mate in a better position than you who can easily score. He did provide an assist for the first goal, and he was still a good outlet for us at times

Bendtner - 5 - Poor touch, poor link up play and poor hold up play.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Almunia 5.5 He was clearly not in the game today as two chances for Brum were converted. You dont have a much of a chance in a penalty, but that free kick goal was really coming as you could see a huge gap in Almunia left side, and knowing that McFadden is left-footed, he should have done better). You could see in his eyes he has still not recovered from sickness

Sagna 7.5 Very solid and never placed a foot wrong.

Gallas 6.5 Good display, but what the **** was all that after the peno. He is a leader and should have been an example to our other players. Imagine the press, Sir Red Nose and others up on his arse now.

Senderos 7.5 Still improving. That header was wasted as it was destined for Bentner

Clichy 5 What the **** is all that cockiness. He gave away two points which could be vital in title race. Wasted some good throws and I wonder does he ever use his right foot. :x

Walcott 8.5 Not too active on first half, but exploded up in second. Lets hope thsi double will boost his confidence and he will be able to fill the gap left by Edu's injury

Fabregas 7 Good command of play. He needs to work more on his shoots and maybe practice how to properly take freekicks (as Henry used to do). We need someone who can make a threat from those direct freekicks. With RvP injured there's noone who is able to convert direct freekicks into goals)

Flamini 7.5 The usual running machine. Not to be blamed for that foul.

Hleb 6.5 Can he ****ing shoot the ball? He makes me so nervous with his overHLEBoration in the box. He needs to shoot sometimes.

Bendtner 5.5 Useless IMO. He lost too many balls and was never able to create something. He is clearly at his all time low confidence level. Arsène will surely need to talk him out of this situation as he is the only other striker besides Ade

Adebayor 5 What the **** is all that selfishness? Does he think he is Mr.Arsenal and he has the exclusive rights to score goals. How many chances were ruined with his actions. That run was begging for Bendtner to slot the ball home, but he decided to make that Henry curl

Edu Get well soon son. We will be missing you. I hope you recover and That nasty injury goes away smooth.

Overall, I think our players "have been asking" for that equalizer to come. Slowing down our pace after Theo's second is still unclear to me when we could have really killed the game off, but they rather chose to play some pretty football and hoofing the ball around the box instead of playing it. We need RvP and Rosicky to recover soon

I am very disappointed today with all the outcome. Clichys stupid giveaway, Manure coming closer and worst of all that horror tackle on Eduardo

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 5

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 6.5
Senderos - 7
Clichy - 5 - unlucky, but still very sloppy

Walcott - 7
Fabregas - 6.5
Flamini - 6 - just as responsible as Clichy for giving away the pen
Hleb - 6.5

Adebayor - 4
Bendtner - 5

Eduardo - Get well soon

Biggus

Established Member
I don't really care, the boys did well enough staying on the pitch......

A couple of positives, Theo's goals and Ade haircut.

banduan

Established Member
I understand Biggus. It was an emotionally mixed-up game that got to the players.

I have loads to comment on but am mentally exhausted.

Top Bottom