• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blackburn v Arsenal Player Ratings

giuliob

Hallelujah! This was one for the ages........Man, what courage, character, composure........What a lineup.......A team effort in the best sense of the word..

Fabianski - 7 Seemed nervous, but gained control of his nerves as the game progressed...A work in progress....

Hoyte - 8 That AET late save; plus a solid all roundgame
Senderos - 8 A few gaffes, one potentially serious; overall performance showed some confidence
Song - 8.5 A monster
Traore 7.5 Improving from game to game

Randall -7
Diarra - 8.5 Another monster
Denilson 7 Did fine in the first half; taken out of his game in the 2nd; very rash foul
Diaby 8
Eduardo 8.5 Knows what to do when he gets that close
Bendtner 8.5 Calm, cool, collected; really like this kid; he didn't score but makes it up in other ways

Barazite 7 Not much time but so what; he paid the price and held his own
Merida 7 Not much time; saw a flash of potential; no mistakes
Gibbs 7 Not much time but no mistakes

Team - 10

Dragon181

I was waiting for this thread to appear.

Fabianski - 6,5 A very good shot stopper, but he needs to work on collecting crosses a bit more (hard to do when no one on your team crosses in training), and his distribution needs a lot of work. Has loads of potential, but needs more practice and matches to get used to pressure.

Hoyte - 7 Solid game. Nice blocks towards the end.

Senderos - 7 A few questionable decisions and errant headers, but an otherwise solid game. More assured for him.

Song - 8 MOTM. Wow. After months of people making fun of him, he's really stepped up and shown that he can compete. CB is definitely his position. A few mistakes here and there, but solid defending, good technical skills and passing. Excellent assist to Dudu for the winning goal.

Traore - 7 Much better than in recent games. Still needs to learn a thing or two about defending, but he's getting there. Not altogether blameless for the goal though.

Randall - 6,5 Good at the start of the game, was anonymous for most of the rest of the game. Good start for the youngster, though.

Diarra - 7,5 Wow. He was tenacious, ferocious and at times, audacious. He was winning tackles and fending off defenders, as usual. But he was tireless and ran all over the pitch today. I hope he stays, because you can see his potential.

Denilson - 6,5 Had a good first half, controlled the game. Then was noticeably absent in the 2nd. The red card was justified - stupid, stupid challenge, and you could see in his face that he knew it too.

Diaby - 7 Good goal. I think he is better than most give him credit for. But he did lose the ball a few times, and tends to hold on to the ball longer than he needs to.

Bendtner - 7 Great assist. He's showing why people here rate him so highly.

Eduardo - 7,5 Why doesn't he do this in league play? He was absolutely brilliant going forward. Both goals were perfect examples of clinical finishing. He's not a defender, but he could learn to defend a little better.

Subs:
Barazite - 7 This kid oozes potential. He had a pretty good cross, and his passing and movement is slick. Always looking to attack. He also showed some grit and toughness tackling. It's a shame he got injured. Shoulder dislocations hurt and take time to heal (or can cause chronic shoulder injury).

Merida - 6,5 Showed some of his potential in the short time that he played. Defended decently and has great dribbling control and ability. With more experience, he has a very real chance of breaking into the first team one day.

Gibbs - N/A

Overall, a good game against a tough team. I'm very proud of the lads.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fabianski - 7
Hoyte - 7
Song - 8
Senderos - 7
Traore - 6
Diaby - 7
Diarra - 8
Randall - 6
Denilson - 6
Bendtner - 7
Eduardo - 8

Barazite - 6
Merida - 6
Gibbs - n/a

Lukazan

Established Member
Fabianski - 6.5
Hoyte - 7
Song - 8
Senderos - 7
Traore - 6
Diaby - 6.5
Diarra - 7.5
Randall - 6
Denilson - 6
Bendtner - 7
Eduardo - 8

nazo

Established Member
Fabianski - 7
Hoyte - 7
Song - 29
Senderos - 7
Traore - 7
Diaby - 7
Diarra - 8
Randall - 6
Denilson - 6
Bendtner - 8
Eduardo - 8

Barazite - 6
Merida - 6
Gibbs - n/a

Invincible

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Senderos 7
Song 9
Traore 8
Hoyte 7
Diarra 8
Denilson 7
Diaby 8
Randall 6
Eduardo 8
Bendtner 7

Barazite 6
Merida 7
Gibbs N/A

dutchMasta

Fabianski - 6.5 (Some good saves, but looked nervous, esp during crosses and distributing)
Hoyte - 7.5 (Decent throughout, incredible double block near the end)
Song - 9 (Won almost every battle, got the all important assist, incredible game in almost every aspect, MOTM)
Senderos - 7 (Decent throughout, worked well with Song)
Traore - 6 (Ok, but a bit shaky defensively, esp positioning)
Diaby - 8 (Huge trouble for their defense most of the night)
Diarra - 8 (Great strength and fight throughout the whole match, dropped a bit in the 2nd, but vital to our victory)
Randall - 6 (Good pass to Bendtner for our 1st goal, but average otherwise. Not great positioning to help Hoyte)
Denilson - 7 (V good game before he got sent off, deservedly, good distribution and attacking mind)
Bendtner - 8 (Great game, strong and solid on the ball, and looks very comfortable too. Linked well with others and always was a threat)
Eduardo - 8 (Match winner, complete clinical finishing when called upon, and some good build up play)

Barazite - 7 (Showed us glimpses, looked solid on the ball, and showed some good passing, plus some tackling)
Merida - 6.5 (Look above)
Gibbs - N/A

What a game. This is vital experience to all of them, and they really showed how capable they are. Pleasently surprised by a few of them.

True Gooner

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Hoyte 7
Song 8.5
Senderos 7
Traore 8
Randall 7
Diarra 8
Denilson 7.5
Diaby 7
Bendtner 7
Eduardo 8

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski 7.5
Hoyte 7
Song 9
Senderos 7
Traore 7
Randall 6.5
Diarra 8.5
Denilson 7.5
Diaby 7.5
Bendtner 7.5
Eduardo 8.5

Subs
Barazite 6
Merida 7
Gibbs N.A

dutchMasta

GoonerGurjit said:
Fabianski 7
Hoyte 7
Song 8.5
Senderos 6.5
Traore 8
Hoyte 8
Randall 6.5
Diarra 8
Denilson 8
Diaby 7
Bendtner 7
Eduardo 8
true gooner said:
Fabianski 7
Hoyte 7
Song 8.5
Senderos 7
Traore 8
Hoyte 8
Randall 7
Diarra 8
Denilson 7.5
Diaby 7
Bendtner 7
Eduardo 8
Eh?

Dragon181

dutchMasta said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Fabianski 7
Hoyte 7
Song 8.5
Senderos 6.5
Traore 8
Hoyte 8
Randall 6.5
Diarra 8
Denilson 8
Diaby 7
Bendtner 7
Eduardo 8
true gooner said:
Fabianski 7
Hoyte 7
Song 8.5
Senderos 7
Traore 8
Hoyte 8
Randall 7
Diarra 8
Denilson 7.5
Diaby 7
Bendtner 7
Eduardo 8
Eh?

:lol: Kind of like how Songx3 was all over the net

sabret00the

Established Member
Fabianski - 7 - I was very impressed by him. Was unlucky to have two go past him but he was making saves like a premiership winning goal keeper.
Hoyte - 6 - Decent performance
Song - 8 - MOTM
Senderos - 7 - A few suspect decisions here and there.
Traore - 6 - Got forward well and defended well in parts. Sadly it was a game of two sides for the young frenchman.
Diaby - 7 - Driving runs, a nice goal but not a lot else. Ineffectual outlet when we were under pressure in the middle of the park, didn't help that he lost discipline and thus couldn't provide us width due to being everywhere.
Diarra - 8 - Game of two halves for him.
Denilson - 8 - Looked fantastic for me. Was a shame he picked up the red.
Randall - 7 - Some slick passing, decent vision. Looks like he could be one for the future but has the same problem as Diaby. Under pressure he couldn't provide us with the outlet we required.
Bendtner - 8 - Quality player on the night.
Eduardo - 7 - Two very nice goals.

Barazite - 6 - Didn't offer us much at all.
Merida - 6 - Presence was stabilising.
Gibbs - n/a

arsmile

Established Member
After 120 minutes:

my heart isn’t strong enough for me to support arsenal

fabianski-7-decent performance, shaky on crosses, strange distribution, great shot stopping on the whole, but, as I have mentioned, for their second goal it was a bonafide rookie keeper error by diving backwards under the ball- maybe it was past him before he could react though- saved send-error-os’ on a couple of occasions

hoyte-7.5- generally defended well- match-saving block at the end

song-8.5- although he dosent always look like he knows exactly what he’s doing, somehow he kept everything out- and saved the more experienced senderos on a number of occasions- he also played as an auxilery striker- fabulous pass through to Eduardo- looks genuinely brilliant there

senderos-6.5- generally ok, and I thought he did a good job as captain- but made one dreadful error and took heroics from fabianski and song to save him, of he’s got a speedy partner at CB (like song appeared to be- surprised me!) then his ariel ability makes him a viable inclusion- you’ve gotta attribute 2 or 3 mistakes per game that are gonna need someone else to bail him out

traore-7- a fair bit responsible for the first goal, but it was offside- apart from that, defensivly he was ok, offensively he was good

randal-5.5- was ok- nothing more nothing less- played a part in the first goal, but was not strong, quick or determined enough to play a real part in the game

denilson-6- would have got a lot more had he not got himself, probably rightly, sent off- good passing, lost his head and nearly lost it for us

diarra-8- I give that begrudgingly because I’m not his biggest fan, he will win me round with a few more performances like this though- I stand by my point that he does take too many risks with regards to dribbling- and looses it in that way too much- also plays dangerous passes along the defense that could easily give us a goal- therefore I’m going against my head in giving him such a high rating, but 99% of it came off for him today- and made some really nice interchanges with his buddy diaby

diaby-8- has many of the similar attributes as diarra, but when we stick him out on the wing, that doesn’t matter at all- he’s ‘allowed’. Great, if a bit of a flukey goal- generally a threat- I think he could be puching rosicky

Eduardo-8- great in the 442 with bendtner, reminds me of owen in the way he isn’t massively involved in the build up play- got two goals- that’s his job…was less effective on the left wing- but still did a good job there- and he hasn’t always- looked absolutely knackered at the end and a liability defensivly,

Bendtner-8- led the line well, unlucky to hit the post, important in defensive set pieces, all round good performance- I think he got the cross for the first goal as well- to be honest it was so long ago I cant remember. And his post- match quote when asked if he cares who we gt in the next round “We know what we’re gonna do and we’re gonna do it in the next game as well”- what delightful arrogance!!!

Bazarite-7- thought he was much more effective than randall at RM, defensivly and offensively- and he’s quite a size for 17- he’ll be a mountain in a couple of years

Medira-7- defended responsibly, made some good passes nearly scored after a Blackburn mix-up- I thought he did better than randall at RM as well- just because he appeared capable defensivly when we were under pressure

Gibbs-6- didn’t really get enough time to warrant a rating but did well when he came on

Bloody hell that was stressful- the Blackburn first team 11 couldn’t beat 10 of our reserves- the future’s bright- the futures red and white!!!!!!!

Dennis10

Glad to see high ratings overall. Absolute fantastic team spirit. I'm also really glad Song has proved me, and a lot of people wrong. He was magnificent yesterday. Like Toure, he really seems to know what it takes to defend your own goal at all costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom