• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borehamwood FC v Arsenal | July 14, 2018 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Aubameyang’s likes on twitter are pretty interesting right now...
I guess we’re going to see a lot of the Laca/Auba partnership during the season.
It also seems like SR is highly rated by him as well (liked by auba^)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
you can't judge players on this game because Boreham level is way below our players level i'm really can't wait to see how we'll preform in next 10 days against A.Madrid how we'll press them how our passing will be and movement.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
you can't judge players on this game because Boreham level is way below our players level i'm really can't wait to see how we'll preform in next 10 days against A.Madrid how we'll press them how our passing will be and movement.
You're right, this game was too easy for us to be able to gauge our style of play or even what formation were suited for.

The defensive errors seem to still be there, even with new signings. We are still too lackadaisical when it comes to defending.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
That goalie looks like he's on a 6 pack of beer diet every 4 hours and can't wait to drown his sorrows in them after the game. :lol:

Thats got to do no favours for Everton if thats what the game was like, nothing worse than playing a team who dont give a **** and put no effort in.

m-due

Impressive display from the youngsters. This is their time to shine and establish themselves.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Joke team btw, if you didn't get it from the highlights, they didn't even try and defend. Borehamwood, unlike them, at least were professional.

Anyway, reckon they've scored almost as many goals in one friendly than under Sam?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
What is encouraging from this game is not so much the result and even the performance but the concentration, the determination to "do a proper job". We've been playing them for years and the huge gulf hasn't always been apparent. Hopefully this carries on against tougher opposition.

nick gould

Saw a lot more similarity with our david luiz kid and Elneny which is worrying sign.
Good stuff only. Good technique, always showed up for the ball, plays some good simple passes, similar hair style. The kid however does not pass for the sake of passing, he moves with the ball and wait for the opponent to engage him and then quickly shift the ball and move into space. By so doing he takes at least one player out of the defensive position. Football iq is needed to notice these things.

Triniboy

Did anyone see who wore the captains armband today during first half? Just noticed Ramsey posted pictures of him on his Instagram with him wearing the armband and I know he played second half.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Smith-Rowe Impressed me a lot.

Can pass, take on a man, good positioning, calm, intelligent, can tackle and even though we didn't see it in this game he takes a wicked free kick.

in 2-3 years,
Niles - SmithRowe - Torreira :bounce:

Not to mention physically he is already competent. I'd like to see him be more progressive in his passing. Had a few opportunities to play Laca through and went for the safe option.

We moved the ball much quicker from side to side and you can see we are working on the press.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

10 days seems far too long between games during pre-season. When do they leave on tour? I just wonder if there's a chance of a training ground match before they depart.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That goalie looks like he's on a 6 pack of beer diet every 4 hours and can't wait to drown his sorrows in them after the game. :lol:

This goal is widely being circulated everywhere on the internet saying the goalie has simply given up. But apparently the actual story was he thought The Everton player was offside.

Not that any of this matters after about 10-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom