• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borehamwood FC v Arsenal | July 14, 2018 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Smith-Rowe Impressed me a lot.

Can pass, take on a man, good positioning, calm, intelligent, can tackle and even though we didn't see it in this game he takes a wicked free kick.

in 2-3 years,
Niles - SmithRowe - Torreira :bounce:
Came in to post exactly what you stated. Watched the match and he impressed me the most amongst the youngsters. Has that calmness and awareness on and off the ball you can’t teach. Granted, it was Boreham Wood, but other than PEA (not surprising), he was the one who shone for me.

On the other hand, Sokratis was shaky and didnt fill me with confidence based on yesterday’s performance. Will have it down to lack of match fitness and sharpness for the time being. Also, I like Laca, but the gulf in class between him and PEA is evident based on their respective performances for us thus far. PEA has that talismanic X factor/edge that can lift a team. Good thing he seems a great team player, think he will elevate Laca’s game.

You think stuff like this was down to lack of match fitness or sharpness?
I hope you are right.

Its a benchwarmer from Dortmund ffs. People may tell themselves that he is lacking match fitness and sharpness. But after that its just slightly above average defender who is low on confidence.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Sokratis lack of pace is a worry. He shouldn't be outpaced by a national league player. Willock was a bit anonymous to me and I still find Ramsey very ungainly. We've a lot of players to come back and it's early but I'm not overly confident in the squad.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You think stuff like this was down to lack of match fitness or sharpness?
I hope you are right.

In all honesty this is the only version of Sokratis I know . Convinced myself all summer that I probably only caught his bad games for BVB . I don't see this guy as better than Mustafi or Chambers . I'll stick my neck out and say they'll be ahead of him in the pecking order in 6 months .

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Bit of an overreaction here. And to MrsBergkamp - the level of the player is irrelevant to their ability to run fast. I could give most of our squad a run for their money and I don't play.

Who can name a defender that came from overseas at 30 years old that succeeded? I can't name any. We triwd with Squillaci and it failed big time. Koacielny quickly jumped him in the pecking order.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
As usual AM drawing mad conclusions from a meaningless pres-season where half the lads are not at match fitness. The results are not important now and the creases will obviously be there.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Who can name a defender that came from overseas at 30 years old that succeeded? I can't name any. We triwd with Squillaci and it failed big time. Koacielny quickly jumped him in the pecking order.
Jesus Christ.

Don't think we bought any defenders at 30 basicly. One or two bad doesn't really mean anything either.

Arsenal1508

Jesus Christ.

Don't think we bought any defenders at 30 basicly. One or two bad doesn't really mean anything either.
Lol

You quoted and bolded for a spelling error ?

The "a" and "s" is next to each other in the home row keys...honeatly

I was also talking about the Premier League in general.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sokratis lack of pace is a worry. He shouldn't be outpaced by a national league player. Willock was a bit anonymous to me and I still find Ramsey very ungainly. We've a lot of players to come back and it's early but I'm not overly confident in the squad.

Should have known to cut off the angle in all honesty .

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

You missed his spelling of "basicly" :lol:
:lol:

@Arsenal1508
I quoted you for the things i said under that, obviously. Thought it was funny either way.

Not sure there have been alot of 30's or older cb's bought anyways, and feels like you don't know if there has been either. Just saying you shouldn't say things when you don't really know anything about it.

Arsenal1508

:lol:

@Arsenal1508
I quoted you for the things i said under that, obviously. Thought it was funny either way.

Not sure there have been alot of 30's or older cb's bought anyways, and feels like you don't know if there has been either. Just saying you shouldn't say things when you don't really know anything about it.

FFS...this is a message board.

I do know about this, which is why I spoke the statement. Who is the last 30 year old + defender import that has done anything of great impact?

Klavan...meh. Top clubs usually do not go this route to solve their defensive weaknesses.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

FFS...this is a message board.

I do know about this, which is why I spoke the statement. Who is the last 30 year old + defender import that has done anything of great impact?

Klavan...meh. Top clubs usually do not go this route to solve their defensive weaknesses.
Thats my point, i don't think there have been enough overseas to say anything about the subject. I don't think anyone believes he will be a worldie or anything but he's here to fill out our squad and have a good alternative. If he gets up a level thats great, but we have several young cb's that are promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom