• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brad Guzan

has this been taken??

We've been linked with a move for American keeper Brad Guzan from Chivas. No idea who the hell he is but I suppose the Americans on here will know better.

The Sun:
MARTIN O’NEILL and Arsène Wenger are in a tug-of-war for American keeper Brad Guzan, 23.

Villa boss O’Neill has already had a £2m bid accepted by Guzan’s club Chivas. But Arsenal chief Wenger wants Guzan to replace former No 1 Jens Lehmann.

BBC gossip:
Villa are also keen on USA keeper Brad Guzan, but face a battle with Arsenal for the 23-year-old. (various)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i heard he was a great talent, and then i proceeded to watch him play for USA.

amittedly, he isn't as good though

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Wenger is looking for a number 1 goalkeeper. More likely he's looking for a number three in that position.

Mostarac

Established Member
Is he the kid who played in the Copa Libertadores last summer for USA? If he is the one, then he is not bad, but not Arsenal-quality at the moment either. He was a bit up and down in that tournament.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Mostarac said:
Is he the kid who played in the Copa Libertadores last summer for USA? If he is the one, then he is not bad, but not Arsenal-quality at the moment either. He was a bit up and down in that tournament.
Yeah, he played the last group game at the Copa America and I agree, he wasn't at his best. He is, however, an intriguing prospect and I expect a few European clubs to track his progress over the next few years.

Kaizenbury

USArsenal said:
im just more interested to find out where Jozy Altidore is going to land...

Lazy Altidore is another hyped up kid. I dont know much about him, but after all the hype about Adu, why should this kid be any different. The best amongst the Yanks, must be Donovan. Everytime he plays for the US, he creams the opponents. He's a very good player.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Seen him a couple of times in action and has good relexes but nothing special...Just plays good at a s**t club, of course he'll stand out

kamikaze80

Established Member
who the ****??

this is probably the usual garbage tabloid/agent talk, but if we're really looking at american players, thhen our transfer policy is truly ****ed. that said, the states have produced a number of very solid keepers - i just dont think any of them were world class.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kamikaze80 said:
who the f**k??

this is probably the usual garbage tabloid/agent talk, but if we're really looking at american players, thhen our transfer policy is truly f*d. that said, the states have produced a number of very solid keepers - i just dont think any of them were world class.
??

i disagree.. Freidel was/is great... Keller was great (a bit long in the tooth now though)... Howard is a very good keeper...

that said, Guzan is not the answer IMO.... decent, but not all that great at this point in time.. i dont see how he is any better than Fabianski

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom